• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks Symbiogenesis.. NFT Art Experience

ManaByte

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN
Nope.

Draugoth

Gold Member
SYMBIOGENESIS_logo_small-1280x720.jpg

Square Enix has announced a “new franchise” built around NFTs.

Symbiogenesis is described by the company as its “first digital collectible art project designed from the ground up for Web3 fans”.

According to Square Enix, Symbiogenesis is set in a self-contained world where “a wide cast of characters symbiosis, all of which can be collected as digital art”.

It promises to offer “an interactive story and a dedicated community”.

Umbasaborne

Banned
This company needs to go out of business while its best franchises and developers get rescued by better publishers, smh.

LordCBH

Square really looked at all the other publishers who announced something like this only to cancel because of hardcore backlash and went “nah it’ll be fine. Greenlight!”

Deft Beck

I bet they put this game together to satisfy neurotic Japanese tech investors. It'll probably get shut down in a year like every other half-baked Square Enix mobile project.

I need to see more. I'm 99% sure its exploitative, but 1% hold out incase its actually a good game. NFT's are mostly a scam BUT money in general is so let me try to keep an open mind.

I'm just going to keep ridiculing people that pay for these things. I don't know how to stop people with tons of money spending it on things that ruin an industry for millions of others.
Just make fun of them, thats all I got.

I'll wait for actual confirmation from Square before automatically assuming this is PE related but yes, would be cool to see the franchise return. If they just made a straight 1 to 1 remake of the original ala what Bluepoint did with Demon's Souls I'd be a very happy man indeed.
Like I said, ya'll enjoy the NFT though! 😂

Top Bottom