• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square: Type-0 and Dissidia are more popular among teens than mainline Final Fantasy

Asd202

And people wonder why SE is focusing on the mobile markets. The mobile market is where it is at at Japan and the popularity of these titles on handheld devices is not shocking at all. This has nothing to do with dislike or like of FF12 or 13. Kids want to play their games on the go.

Well if that's how it is they should just put every game on mobile and be done with it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Type 0 is popular?
You_don't_say.png

ONLY SQUARE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT! WHERE THE HELL IS MY LOCALIZED TYPE 0?

Toth

Well if that's how it is they should just put every game on mobile and be done with it.

They shouldn't but they realize this is a strong market that needs to catered to. That's why I am not surprised when they try new entries for old series on mobile. Take out the stupid F2P microtransactions nonsense and you could reach a new core of gamers with classic titles.

The current FF fanbase are grown ass men obsessing over the main character's outfits and hairstyles like a bunch of teenage girls.

I think there's a bit of an overlap between the demographics to say the least.

AmanoBuff

For me, this has mainly to do with:

a) The main console releases in this generation not living up to what is expected of the series.
b) Both Dissidia and Type-0 being available in portable form, which dominates Japan.

Mokubba

Haven't played Type-0 for obvious reasons but Crisis Core and Dissidia were my two favourite FF games last gen.

I liked XIII and XIII-2 but not like those two and I imagine with the reception it got, I would probably like Type-0 so the results doesn't surprise me.

It'll be interesting to know what age group liked Crisis Core.

All this talk about Type-0 and Dissidia is making me feel giddy.

Zephyrus

Banned
Then give me my goddamn dissidia 011 on ps4 and make Auron, Seifer, Amarant (or Beatrix), Vincent, Celes, Fang, Noctis and other characters playable.

Still mad about the duodecim additions other than Kain and Gilgamesh.

That's what happens when you waste an entire generation (an unusually long one to boot) releasing terribad mainline FF's on consoles. (XIV is the exception but it's an MMO).

Thank god we have FFXHD coming to show and remind people what a great FF's like. We haven't had one since it's original release on the PS2.

Jeels

Well when FFXIII is all the mainline they've got this is not even close to shocking.

This company, I swear...

Top Bottom