• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSF4: AE DLC confirmed

If SSF4 AE for PC is for real then I will be upgrading my video card soon. The 9500GT just can't get the job done, but a GTS 450 or GTX 550 should be more then enough. This would be the 4th time I'd buy a version of SF4 if it comes out.

Dizzy-4U

Oh God, it will be hard to erase that from my brain.

EDIT: Ok, this is awesome.

qp2xf.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Please lord, let this trollsession be true for once...

Do ya'll even know what a regular midrange GPU does with SF4?

Corky said:

I had a GTS 250 and I could play the game at 1080p with all the settings maxed out. But my 250 died on me so I'll have to get a new one. The GTS 450 or GTX 550 should be good enough, they're both more powerful then the GTS 250 and can be found for around $100. Or just get the GTS 250 which should be a little cheaper.

Corky

Rice-Eater said:
I had a GTS 250 and I could play the game at 1080p with all the settings maxed out. But my 250 died on me so I'll have to get a new one. The GTS 450 or GTX 550 should be good enough, they're both more powerful then the GTS 250 and can be found for around $100. Or just get the GTS 250 which should be a little cheaper.

Might aswell go for one of the more powerful ones if the pricedifference is lowish.

alstein

Corky said:

If the specs are same as SFIV , should be just fine. It runs on a low-end CPU as is.

Corky

alstein said:
If the specs are same as SFIV , should be just fine. It runs on a low-end CPU as is.

Yeah I know, a gtx 460 gives you around 150 fps all settings max @2560*1600, and that's a 150$ gpu.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Eh, the complaints about GFWL are kind of overblown. Yes, it sucks ass and yes, some kind of Steam integration would be better but every GFWL game I have played has worked just fine.

Yeah, PC version of SSF4 is definitely coming now. I really hope they improve upon the online features even more.

Bring back player matches with an instant rematch feature!

Corky

Ysiadmihi said:
Eh, the complaints about GFWL are kind of overblown. Yes, it sucks ass and yes, some kind of Steam integration would be better but every GFWL game I have played has worked just fine.

Does it cost to play multiplayer games via GFWL? Like on xbl.

Corky

Ysiadmihi said:
Nope.

I'll probably end up selling my 360 when AE PC hits because I'm tired of buying Live each month for one game.

Yeah I'm in the same spot, I just sold my dedicated SF device ( 360 ) and it was a huge bummer to pay roughly 100$ a year ( where I live ) just to be able to play SF4 online. I have really high hopes with regards to the pc-version.

It'll be good to play SSF4 on PC and meet some old faces again. I swear half the time I played ranked in SF4, it was against non-Americans. I even had 2 Brazilians on my friends list I think. I think many of SSF4 GAF will be on board with a PC version to so hopefully there will be plenty of us to play each other. Unlike you guys though I'm keeping all my systems though and will be switching back and forth between all 3 platforms. If one system is having a slow day then there has to be people around on the other ones.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nooo !! I dont want a PC Version.
'cus Dizzy-4U wont get it for PS3.

foreveralone.jpg

Corky

_dementia said:
Wait, PC version was confirmed?

We'll we're taking out the victory in advance. ESRB has rated the game, so that pretty much seals the deal. Damn I'm soo glad, can't wait to play the game.

Azure J

Oh man, PC SSFIV would be too good. One out of the two big reasons why I'm getting back into fighters so hardcore on something I can actually play currently. So. Good.

Now give us PC heads some Mahvel action plz. ;D

Corky said:
We'll we're taking out the victory in advance. ESRB has rated the game, so that pretty much seals the deal. Damn I'm soo glad, can't wait to play the game.
Ah I just saw that post. Great news!

kever0nicas said:
OH EMM GEE.

I would pay full price x2 for SSFIV again if they redid every character like that.
Yeah, kinda makes me want a pocket fighter for 3ds or something lol.

Wait, it was called Pocket Fighter right? The one where ken had the horse and Zangief would flip the table over on people?

abstract alien said:
Yeah, kinda makes me want a pocket fighter for 3ds or something lol.

Wait, it was called Pocket Fighter right? The one where ken had the horse and Zangief would flip the table over on people?
Yep, or super Gem Fighter depending on your territory.

Prego Sakura? Dear Lord. So who do you think is the baby's Daddy? Ryu or Evil Ryu? Or did she lower her standards and settled for Dan?

I heard them girls love those bad boys...

Shin Dynamo X said:
Prego Sakura? Dear Lord. So who do you think is the baby's Daddy? Ryu or Evil Ryu? Or did she lower her standards and settled for Dan?

I heard them girls love those bad boys...
I think the father is Ryu.

Think about it.

Ryu Alt 1 - no shirt
Sakura Alt 1 - ryu's shirt

Those are the morning after costumes!

I guess Ryu caught wood after seeing Sakura wearing this...especially Alt 10

sakura_alt_colors.jpg

And I guess Sakura caught water after seeing Ryu wearing this...
ryu_costume_colors_alternative1.jpg

That should be enough to go past 1st base. So put wood and water together and....well, you do the math. Somebody got "super soaked."

mbmonk

How is online play on the PC version of SF4?

I am really torn now. I would love to pick this up on the PC it will depend on the price point though. If it's cheaper to buy a used copy of the console version SSF4 ( going for roughly $25 ) then add the cost of DLC ( supposedly $15 ) then the PC version needs to be around $40 to make it about even.

Regardless this is great news if true. I will buy it on the PC eventually anyways, based on price.

I might double dip, but Capcom will probably be shady with the PC version. I'm expecting annoying DRM since they bitched about piracy (but claimed SFIV PC sold well?) and either they're going to encrypt, hide, or throw out altogether all of the locked content already on the disc they tried to sell console owners.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
_dementia said:
Yeah, I'd definitely double dip on PC if it shows up on a Steam sale

I will also...QUADRUPLE-DIP and get this on PC if it's indeed a reality.

LOL at the ESRB's rating summary:

This is an arcade-style fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one combat with a large international cast of human characters. Players mostly kick, punch, and use special abilities (e.g., fireballs, flying moves, and electrical strikes) to drain the opposing player's life meter. Special moves (ultra combos and super combos) are displayed in animated sequences in which characters react to being punched, kicked, or stomped on. Some of the female fighters' outfits are form-fitting and accentuate their breasts and buttocks; before battle, the camera occasionally zooms-out from close-up views of flexed gluteus. One of the fight stages occurs in a distillery with equipment used for brewing and wooden casks labeled 'Scotch-Whisky.' The expletives 'damn' and 'hell' can be heard in the dialogue.

mbmonk

jlevel13 said:
It was about the same as the console versions (P2P), but with an even smaller base of players.

Thanks. This is going to be a tough call.

It would be awesome if someone could hack in GGPO into it at a later date. Street Fighter 4 would have the netcode it always deserved. :p

Top Bottom