• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STALKER: CoP getting a major community overhaul on July 31: MISERY 2.0

EGM1966

Sounds good. Love the Stalker series warts and all. Was thinking of a replay anyway so will wait and see how this turns out as I love the big overhaul mods for the most part.

FACE

Banned
i45tnf9Qk76yc.gif

Sethos

Banned
Tried it, everything just looks weird - No textures, sky looks weird, effects look off ...

EDIT: Ah, you have to set the .exe to run as admin.

Do you need to pick up a flashlight for it to work properly or? I kept hitting L and there's a light for a split-second but then it turns off.

duppolo

im playing soc for the first time in these days and wow! one of my favourite game by now. do you think i should buy also clear sky and cop or only cop? i really would like a modern stalker

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
im playing soc for the first time in these days and wow! one of my favourite game by now. do you think i should buy also clear sky and cop or only cop? i really would like a modern stalker

Not sure what you mean by a "modern" STALKER. They are all on the same engine and play more or less the same.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So seeing there are graphic overhauls too.. this or the complete mod?

If this is your first Stalker, maybe just Complete? Misery has a lot of "hardcore" tweaks, and the original is reasonably hardcore itself. Still, newer is better?

SoC isn't that far behind. I did a SoC run after playing CoP and they are pretty close. I never played CS only because everyone else panned it. CoP is definitely great though, totally get it.

zma1013

So seeing there are graphic overhauls too.. this or the complete mod?

At the very least you want the Complete mods on any of the STALKER games you play. From the sounds of it, this makes the game more challenging, which it already is hard, so just depends if you want to be crushed, or extra crushed.

Tried it, everything just looks weird - No textures, sky looks weird, effects look off ...

EDIT: Ah, you have to set the .exe to run as admin.

Do you need to pick up a flashlight for it to work properly or? I kept hitting L and there's a light for a split-second but then it turns off.

Yeah, not sure what's going on with it. Trying to find your way around the bowels of hulks at night is not pleasant. And not in that sogood.gif unpleasant way, just in the traditional unpleasant way.

Glitch, you reckon?

ymoc

Downloading as we speak! Can't wait to try it out.

I'm curious though, is the entry point in the game still the same? That was seriously one of the worst game starting areas I've EVER seen. Something about it is just unbelievably off putting to me.

bee

wetransfer mirror is crazy fast, never even heard of them before, will check the mod out later

duppolo

If this is your first Stalker, maybe just Complete? Misery has a lot of "hardcore" tweaks, and the original is reasonably hardcore itself. Still, newer is better?

SoC isn't that far behind. I did a SoC run after playing CoP and they are pretty close. I never played CS only because everyone else panned it. CoP is definitely great though, totally get it.

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by a "modern" STALKER. They are all on the same engine and play more or less the same.

I mean another engine, of course

asker

The wetransfer links are really fast but the files in the second zip don't conform to the same directory tree structure as in the first one. The setup will not run correctly and as a result the textures will not be installed. To solve this, place the extracted 'textures' folder into the 'Stalker Call of Pripyat\gamedata' folder.

Also, the readme states that you will select character from the installation but you actually get the choice from the ingame menus.

Ohnonono

How do the original and CoP run? I remember them portrayed as a buggy mess when they came out originally. Have they been patched to work better or do you have to mod them? Also how easy are they to apply mods to?

Grief.exe

How do the original and CoP run? I remember them portrayed as a buggy mess when they came out originally. Have they been patched to work better or do you have to mod them? Also how easy are they to apply mods to?

Community mods fixed all of the Stalker games.

Easy to mod, read the instructions when you download the mods.

asker

Wow when they said it would be hard they weren't kidding. I can't kill anything with my starting weapons. Also, accidentally walked within 500 yards of another Stalker and he shot me dead in a single burst.

I'm also getting the flashlight bug where it only stays lit for 1 frame. Even the flashlight hotfix didn't solve this problem.

sunnz

The wetransfer links are really fast but the files in the second zip doesn't comform to the same directory tree structure as in the first one. The setup will not run correctly and as a result the textures will not be installed. To solve this, place the extracted 'textures' folder into the 'Stalker Call of Pripyat\gamedata' folder.

Also, the readme states that you will select character from the installation but you actually get the choice from the ingame menus.

Thanks, I was having issues with the texture, what you said fixed it.
So far it is pretty awesome, quite a bit daunting to be honest, but in a good way.

The cats are pretty crazy, as bad as the cougars in RDR lol. 2 hits = dead
For flashlight, press o, it looks odd but the flashlight comes up and works.

Also, what is the difference between the dark road and the normal beginning? just setting or more to it?

derFeef

Hmm can't get it to run properly. The Zone just is a black-ish screen.
The black road works but the flashligh is all weird (he's holding it upwards, but it shines forward) and textures are missing etc. Any ideas? I did run with admin and even did a reinstall.

asker

Hmm can't get it to run properly. The Zone just is a black-ish screen.
The black road works but the flashligh is all weird (he's holding it upwards, but it shines forward) and textures are missing etc. Any ideas? I did run with admin and even did a reinstall.
Yeah the installation is busted. Check my previous post

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Press "o"

That did it! Decided to go back to the regular start instead of the Black Road and wow is this an unplayable mess for me. Runs smoothly until I cross the body of water and start approaching anything that has NPCs and enemies up, then I get freezes for anywhere from 8-45(!) seconds and changing settings seems to make little difference. Never had a problem running Misery 1.x or the base game mostly maxed out, so hopefully this is just a bug and not a sign of how its going to run on my system.

derFeef

That did it! Decided to go back to the regular start instead of the Black Road and wow is this an unplayable mess for me. Runs smoothly until I cross the body of water and start approaching anything that has NPCs and enemies up, then I get freezes for anywhere from 8-45(!) seconds and changing settings seems to make little difference. Never had a problem running Misery 1.x or the base game mostly maxed out, so hopefully this is just a bug and not a sign of how its going to run on my system.

I switched to DX11 and it seems to run better, but it hitches from time to time.
btw. here is the flashlight fix: http://www.miserymod.com/?slider=slide-3-support-mod-dev

Also daaamn is that mod hardcore, I love it.

Odrion

Banned
What ever happened to the mod that was suppose to combine all Stalker content together into one giant Stalker game?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I switched to DX11 and it seems to run better, but it hitches from time to time.
btw. here is the flashlight fix: http://www.miserymod.com/?slider=slide-3-support-mod-dev

Also daaamn is that mod hardcore, I love it.

DX11 seems to be running a bit better, but still a lot of choppiness. Pressing on though, I am a whore for STALKER and waiting a year and a half for this iteration of the mod has made me hungry. Survival is incredibly difficult already and seeing the number of subsystems active to maintain is making my head spin... I love it! Scrolling through the available merchants at Skadovsk shows off so much.

Oh god as I was typing this my first blowout started. I barely made it to the ship before the brunt of the storm hit. How i've missed this.

TCKaos

Downloaded, installed, and now everytime I start up CoP I can last in the menu for three seconds before the game crashes for some reason.

Hooray.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Dibbz

Oh ma god this is the sex. So many cool changes. Helmet can get super smashed up to the point of you not being able to see shit out of it but you can take it off. Kinda like Metro but it adds so much. Firefights are also super tough now. Just done a mission and holy crap is the AI deadly. Thank lord for quick save. Foliage is super improved. Adds so much to the look of the game.

Just scratched the surface atm can't wait to jump back in.

I've died 20 times trying to get out of the immediate sniper spawn, lololol. Loving the graphical and gameplay changes going on, that's what is so great about the Stalker series, it will kill you unless you actively try to survive and this mod emphasizes that even more. Good stuff.

Dibbz

So I'm taking on the bloodsucker lair with Grouse (?) and shit I have 15 bullets for my Uzi that spray like crazy. First bloodsucker jumped me and just glitched out and died but god damn one hit from a bloodsucker and your view goes all over the place, rightly so, but I think I need to come back to this place with a tad more ammo.

Ammo was never really a problem for me in Vanilla. This feels a lot more like Metro with how scarce ammo is right now. Might change further into the game but I did notice some bodies that I looted had "bad ammo" which cannot be used which is a cool touch but begs the question why they were carrying it in the first place :p

So many new medications and stuff now. I'm struggling to find what is good and what isn't. Tried morphine thinking it would help with health and didn't expect to be high as a kite lol.

I played SoC multiple times, finished Clear Sky and also played about half of CoP un-modded, but holy crap this mod is hardcore! It doesn't even feel difficult, it just feels like I am incapable of doing anything effective to these enemies :/

I haven't found any human enemies yet, but so far all the mutants have absolutely ruined me every time. I chose the sniper class because it seemed the most balanced, but I might give the other two a go if I really can't get anywhere after a few more tries.

Top Bottom