• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STALKER: CoP getting a major community overhaul on July 31: MISERY 2.0

I played SoC multiple times, finished Clear Sky and also played about half of CoP un-modded, but holy crap this mod is hardcore! It doesn't even feel difficult, it just feels like I am incapable of doing anything effective to these enemies :/

I haven't found any human enemies yet, but so far all the mutants have absolutely ruined me every time. I chose the sniper class because it seemed the most balanced, but I might give the other two a go if I really can't get anywhere after a few more tries.

I found sleeping til day, then full out sprinting to the south west zombie invested place and hiding in a corner while you get your bearing the most effective plan yet. Can't survive out in the wild at all, I plan on stealth killing the zombies and seeing what I can get and then move on to either the boat or the heli, but you can't survive out in the open that's for sure!

Remmy2112

I thought I was fucked when two Bloodsuckers ambushed me while trying to get the helicopter at the acid lake. I reloaded many times, trying to sneak there without alerting them, then trying to kill them. They both rushed me, and I got slashed by one and dodged the other....

....then I realized both had run into the acid anomaly and got fried. VICTORY!

Any way to reduce or eliminate the stuttering? I've got it triple buffered via D3DOverrider and have turned down SSAO, sun quality, sun shafts and the shadow quality a bit but it still seems to stutter at really inopportune moments.

Edit: Also, is there a way to change the FOV post-install? I set it to 90 and that made things a bit too weird and it's kind of giving me a headache.

ss_sam_08_01_13_16_08_47__zaton__by_realghostvids-d6g4bsd.jpg

Good ol' stretchy Beard.

Dibbz

9411168493_78b4ec2ea7_o.png

9411159383_ea1f4d1767_o.png

Some people might not like that the goggles can get in the way of you seeing stuff but I love this level of immersion.

The weather in the mod is very cool. Great step up from Vanilla. Blow outs are terrifying.

ibxvcAeNkAA7Ft.gif

xenist

I finished my bi-annual Complete STALKER playthrough not two months ago. Is this mod good enough for another go?

Edit: Who am I kidding? Of course I'll play this again.

Ohnonono

Picking up CoP tonight. For a first time playthough what mods are recommended? This one though awesome seems to make the already difficult game much harder.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Picking up CoP tonight. For a first time playthough what mods are recommended? This one though awesome seems to make the already difficult game much harder.

I'm going to have to echo sentiment posted elsewhere - this is not a good mod for first timers to CoP, even for veteran STALKERS. Vanilla CoP is pretty much great out of the box, though if you want there is a Complete mod for it that adds a touch of spitshine but I hear there's been a lot of bugs with it that haven't been fixed. Think of MISERY as the secret nightmare difficulty unlocked after making it to the end, the most hellish New Game+ you've ever seen.

Ohnonono

I'm going to have to echo sentiment posted elsewhere - this is not a good mod for first timers to CoP, even for veteran STALKERS. Vanilla CoP is pretty much great out of the box, though if you want there is a Complete mod for it that adds a touch of spitshine but I hear there's been a lot of bugs with it that haven't been fixed. Think of MISERY as the secret nightmare difficulty unlocked after making it to the end, the most hellish New Game+ you've ever seen.

"Just install and play the game" is the best news I could hear. I don't have a very good PC but I am hoping this runs decent enough.

asker

Yeah I get the stutters as well. I think it happens when it's trying to play a new sound that hasn't yet been cached. I was hoping a Raid 0 SSD setup would fix or mitigate this but it's still really noticable and detracts from the overall experience.

Dibbz

the game runs at over 60fps but i'm getting massive fucking freezes very so often.

Yeah I get the stutters as well. I think it happens when it's trying to play a new sound that hasn't yet been cached. I was hoping a Raid 0 SSD setup would fix or mitigate this but it's still really noticable and detracts from the overall experience.

Yeah I'm getting micro stuttering also. Not a massive problem but would be nice to not have it.

Also I'll echo what has been said already. This mod is not first time friendly at all. It throws you in and doesn't give a fuck about you. Not having a radar or any way to tell who are friendly and who aren't is really really challenging. There were a few early missions where you team up with people and I had no idea who to shoot.

sunnz

The AI really is super accurate, quite ridiculous. Like not the " oh, good shot" accuracy, I mean the " turn off the aim bot" type accuracy :p. Just wish my gun wasn't so bad.

Love the blowout idea and being in the shelter and hearing it was quite an experience. Just wish the warning up to when it actually happens was a bit longer, I was luckily close to a shelter, just hope a blowout is very rare.

Now I am stuck in a shelter with bandits around me. Pretty challenging with the resources I have ( I have 10 bullets vs like 6 of them)

Bulk_Rate

Installed the mod and am loving the atmosphere and changes so far. I like the more naturalistic colors especially.

On the other hand this Mod crushes my PC into a stuttering and freezing mess, whereas I was able to play CoP with Complete mod at decent FPS. But that is OK; just one more reason to build a new rig.

derFeef

The AI really is super accurate, quite ridiculous. Like not the " oh, good shot" accuracy, I mean the " turn off the aim bot" type accuracy :p. Just wish my gun wasn't so bad.

Love the blowout idea and being in the shelter and hearing it was quite an experience. Just wish the warning up to when it actually happens was a bit longer, I was luckily close to a shelter, just hope a blowout is very rare.

Now I am stuck in a shelter with bandits around me. Pretty challenging with the resources I have ( I have 10 bullets vs like 6 of them)

You can turn the "super" aiming for the AI off in the options. I did it - feels more natural to me.

Dibbz

Nice shots. Are you forcing AA through your drivers?

Fuck this swamp. Zone gonna zone though which is cool to look at in the water.

9420684176_08bcf1ce9a_o.png

Any gone over to the Iron Forest? Place is covered in those telekineses guys. What't the best way to deal with them or that place in general? They grab your gun and everything so it's pretty tough to even shoot them.

Remmy2112

The devs of this mod have really thick skins. Some people have been incredibly belligerent to them on the modDB forums for the game, or even downright venomous. They are taking it in stride though and calmly answering questions, and a patch is supposed to come Monday that will tweak some of the more legitimate complaints.

Any gone over to the Iron Forest? Place is covered in those telekineses guys. What't the best way to deal with them or that place in general? They grab your gun and everything so it's pretty tough to even shoot them.

I believe that is one of the places that the devs now describe as "impossible or incredibly frustrating without proper gear." With the mod you can no longer clear Zaton first before moving on to Yanov. You have to bounce between areas and not go to places like the Iron Forest until you get suits, artifacts, and/or those tech items that go in the artifact slots. Also for the telekinesis guys they recommend explosive ordnance. RPGs, grenade launchers (both the rotary and undermounted), and/or those new items like IEDs, jerry cans, and propane tanks you can manually shoot to detonate. Lure them into traps.

Dibbz

The devs of this mod have really thick skins. Some people have been incredibly belligerent to them on the modDB forums for the game, or even downright venomous. They are taking it in stride though and calmly answering questions, and a patch is supposed to come Monday that will tweak some of the more legitimate complaints.

I believe that is one of the places that the devs now describe as "impossible or incredibly frustrating without proper gear." With the mod you can no longer clear Zaton first before moving on to Yanov. You have to bounce between areas and not go to places like the Iron Forest until you get suits, artifacts, and/or those tech items that go in the artifact slots. Also for the telekinesis guys they recommend explosive ordnance. RPGs, grenade launchers (both the rotary and undermounted), and/or those new items like IEDs, jerry cans, and propane tanks you can manually shoot to detonate. Lure them into traps.

Fuck that's awesome. The Zone never really felt like there were particular hotspots where shit was tough as fuck.

They should change the name to STLAKER: Call of Pripyat - F9 Edition.

Decided to post some of my pics here also.

http://abload.de/img/xrengine2013-08-0100-zwjj0.png[-IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/xrengine2013-08-0100-4vkva.png[-IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/xrengine2013-08-0100-l2k2b.png[-/IMG][/QUOTE]

I would also like to know how you are forcing AA. Thanks!

Thorgal

Nice shots. Are you forcing AA through your drivers?

Fuck this swamp. Zone gonna zone though which is cool to look at in the water.

9420684176_08bcf1ce9a_o.png

They should change the name to STLAKER: Call of Pripyat - F9 Edition.

I would also like to know how you are forcing AA. Thanks!

I forgot i forced it with Nvidia inspector and ingame i had all sliders put to the right (save AA) .

I lowered those now as it was to much for my 660 but i got some good shots out of it .

here's my profile.

nvidia_20130803_11145rjunf.png

Thorgal

I installed the mod and started playing, I see the HUD but I've a black screen and can't see anything. Did I do something wrong ?

had the same thing happen to me.

Did you download the mod in two parts ?

There seems to be an issue with the installer as it does not install the textures pack in part 2 even after you merge them .

to resolve this .Drag the downloaded texture pack from part 2 into the Gamedata folder inside your game directory.

here:

naamloospgytt.png

that should fix it

In short :
1 install the mod .

2 Drag the texture file inside the gamedata folder.

let me know if it worked.

Dibbz

Hnnng man I just cannot get enough of this mod. It's improved the game a hell of a lot. Atmosphere is through the roof. The new items, man there are so god damn many of them. What are the essentials to have on the quick use buttons? I got bandages, antirad, food but there are so many drugs and shit I don't know which to use. Most of them have some bad side effects unless its some sort of military first aid box.

Love it though because it makes sense health stuff would be a mess in the zone. This mod just gets it. It knows the environment is a fucking mess and you would be grabbing bits of drugs here and, there from nutters, which are good but mainly bad for you.

Weapons and armor, god damn I have a new found appreciation for money. Not sure I even upgraded my suit in Vanilla CoP but I already feel that I need better gear and I've not even been able to check out any helicopters yet because I'm getting done in, either by creatures or the zone itself with it's anomalies.

Never played a stalker game. I'll play the misery mod on my first time through. I'd rather have the challenge and all the other stuff this adds.

Atmosphere and the graphisms are throught the roof, it's beautiful (if only a little too much dark/brown). But the difficulty may be a little bit too brutal for me, especially as I have yet to finish CoP for the first time.

I've found a pack with the latest versions of SGM, atmosfear and nature, I think I will move back and give it a try.

For the life of me, I can't install this mod. I'm excited to play it, especially after I've been playing New Vegas Hardcore mode. When I go to install it, I get this:

Can someone point me in the right direction please? I'd really appreciate it.

Never played a stalker game. I'll play the misery mod on my first time through. I'd rather have the challenge and all the other stuff this adds.

Good luck, comrade. I haven't tried this out yet (though I have the mod downloaded ready to go) but be prepared to sink some real time in to get a "feel" for the game.

STALKER games are fantastic. Once you get the taste, nothing else will satisfy.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So what's the best mod for someone who has never played the game to get? I've tried multiple times to play this game but the overall Eurojankiness of it throws me off so much.

So what's the best mod for someone who has never played the game to get? I've tried multiple times to play this game but the overall Eurojankiness of it throws me off so much.

I would go with STALKER: SOC with Complete mod.

A lot of people say the Complete mod makes the game a little easier (among other things, changes the NPC A.I. so they never notice you from outside 100 meters or so, iirc, thus allowing you to get the jump on everyone first), thus ruining the oppressive atmosphere that is a big part of the STALKER series. If you only want to pretty up the graphics and also fix a lot of the bugs that plague the vanilla version, check out the Starter Pack mod package. This YouTube video shows you how to install everything and includes links to the mod files in the description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHWKexK7B_8

Edit- fixed typo, added stuff

Wynnebeck

Banned
I would go with STALKER: SOC with Complete mod.

A lot of people say the Complete mod makes the game a little easier, thus ruining the oppressive atmosphere that is a big part of the STALKER series. If you want to pretty up the graphics and also fix a kit of the bugs that plague the vanilla version, check out the Starter Pack mod package. This YouTube video shows you how to install everything and includes links in the description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHWKexK7B_8

Spank you kindly.

Streaming now. I'm terrified of this game. Is very immerive.

This game is seriously terrifying. Those blowouts are insane. Gonna start over as the Assaulter class. I've never played CoP. I thought I had, but it was only SoC. This game is seriously scary.

Patch 2.0.1 seems to fix a lot of the issues I had with it's initial release:

BUG FIXES

• Mosin Nagant + Obrez rechambered for 7.62x54mm caliber
• NPCs, mutants and animals will explode during a Blowout
• 1 skybox seamline fixed
• Worn PM Makarov profile silencer disabled
• Added title + descriptions to sako m95
• Gsh-18 now rechambered for 9x19mm + uses corresponding type of silencer
• EXO-SKELETON dont have helment upgrades any more
* Fixed some amount of save corruptions
connected with faulty ‘mechanic repair delay’ feature
• Fixed flashlight positition and animation which makes it work properly on all resolutions

DAMAGE FIXES / UPDATES

• Slightly lowered overall damage protection of NPCs in heavier armors
• Lowered NPCs resiliance to piercing damage by 15%
• Increased overall damage taken by all PC classes from bullets by ~10%
• Changed all anti-damage upgrades of suits to display the property with
positive values instead of negative one
• Reduced anti-damage effectivity of ‘kevlar plates’, ‘steel plates’
and all mutant skins 4x. Artifacts got it lowered only 2x so they are now
2x more effective in comparison to above-mentioned attachements
(modified descriptions accordingly)
• reduced anti-bleeding upgrades for all armor upgrades 4x
• reduced anti-damage effectivity of all artifacts 2x
• Increased damage dealt by all knives by 50%
• Bandits in trench coates now have only little more protection than leather
jacket-wearing ones
• Made some NPC meshes properly use ‘no helmet’ protection config
• Bleeding rate for all PC classes is now the same – they of course still
differ in overall damage taken
• Reduced actor bleeding rate and wound scale by 60%
sed the odds

I jumped into this over the weekend, having never spent any real time with CoP. Black road mode, of course!

Starting out in the middle of the night with only a knife. Man, talk about intense! I managed to stumble across the boat, thank God, and rested for the night. I spent the day wandering around aimlessly without a working PDA, and wound up in the Rangers Station. I spent the next hour or so trying to sneakily knife someone, steal his gear, then high tail it before his buddies gunned me down. The plan was a great success, as he was carrying a silenced pistol which I used to infiltrate the Station and take every single Ranger down. I looted their corpses for some swag and took it back to the boat for a nice pay day.

Damn... what a great start to my adventures in the Zone.

I am loving this mod! Sneaking around with my pistol, taking out groups of bandits for their sweet loot.

It's also god damn scary at night time or whenever a blow out is happening.

Anyone else playing this? If not, you should be!

After a dozen hours doing missions, looting corpses, and saving cash I've finally obtained myself an Ecologist suit.

Now it's time to go exploring some of the anomalies, and make some real progress.

Someone... anyone... should play this!

Playing with the newest patch, just started a run last night as a sniper class. Not much to tell, outside of enjoying being back in the Zone again. Ran that bandit assault mission at midnight against a group of Stalkers, though having an affinity with my wandering brethren, I double-crossed the bandit dogs and alerted the loners to the threat.

They jumped the invading scoundrels and I picked clean the interloper's corpses, before taking a small cut for my cooperation.

There really is no other game nor alternative.

I went back after a while to visit my new friends aboard their stricken hulk. Everyone was dead. Such is the way in the Zone.

I wouldn't mind going through this game again in Misery 2.1... But right now, I don't want it to consume my life again like last time! hehe.

Top Bottom