• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

KKRT00

So where is uncompressed footage of this demo? Huh?

I mean i look at screens like this and then look at 30fps interlaced youtube video and cry ;/

citizencon-2016-4k-screenshot-05.jpg

citizencon-2016-4k-screenshot-06.jpg

citizencon-2016-4k-screenshot-07.jpg

Also, finally good TAA implemented into new builds?

Shy

If the yellow jacket ever goes back on sale (unlikely), you can just get a $0 CCU for a standard Dragonfly, so there's no reason to wait.
Good point.

Also the thought of the Yellowjacket never going on sale again makes me sad in my heart. 😭

Shy

In the past three years i've spent $1,011.00. ��������

I'm not gonna spend any more though........... Probably.
I ccu'd mine to a black. Never realized it would be so popular. I feel a bit guilty now.
It's cool. You don't have to feel bad.

iFirez

Things like seeing a rolling landscape outside the Constalation familiar view windows and the perspective from inside the rover are really refreshing to see after the dark star field and bright planets whizzing past us.

I'm pretty psyched to fly my Avenger and Hornet down to the ground on planets. I may end up picking up one more ship, my temptation is the Terrapin which is slightly larger than my other ships and would vary my roles in the future persitant universe.

chifanpoe

Shy I have around 5 of them in my buy back section. Let me know and we can work something out.

315p all the way! I will earn myself a fancy ship one mind-blowing scientific discovery / premium jumpoint map at a time...
Damn, that seems like such a long way off ¬_¬

tuxfool

Banned
Yeah. I did one upgrade from an aurora to a 300i and I got a bunch of rentals from REC, but only one ship for me. I wouldn't want to start the game in an endgame ship anyway.

I'd say the vast majority of people only have one ship. Starter or no.

Can anyone give me a reason to pick the Reliant over an Avenger Titan? Just trying the other ships and it feels like it fits the same role but does a better job of it other than the lack of a walkway when filled with cargo. Capacity looks the same though, has a bed for logging out in and looks like better hardpoint options too.

chifanpoe

Can anyone give me a reason to pick the Reliant over an Avenger Titan? Just trying the other ships and it feels like it fits the same role but does a better job of it other than the lack of a walkway when filled with cargo. Capacity looks the same though, has a bed for logging out in and looks like better hardpoint options too.

That is a tough call. I have both and have put good time into both. With the new speed changes coming I personally would go with the Titan unless you really need that 2nd seat.

That is a tough call. I have both and have put good time into both. With the new speed changes coming I personally would go with the Titan unless you really need that 2nd seat.

Probably going to melt for the Titan in the near future then. Something about the Xi'an ships has me spiral out of control on take off often and I struggle with major oversteer in them. I've always got my Connie if I need more seats anyway. Man that Starfarer though. I want it so bad just for that captains seat but there's no way I could afford it and I'm not melting my Connie with all the Silver Collector extras it has being an early ship pack.

Widge

Forgive me for being completely unknowing, is CryEngine still active? Or was it effectively ceased once all the staff got canned?

I was just wondering if all this work gutting the engine on this game may actually go back into CryEngine itself for others to use.

Forgive me for being completely unknowing, is CryEngine still active? Or was it effectively ceased once all the staff got canned?

I was just wondering if all this work gutting the engine on this game may actually go back into CryEngine itself for others to use.

They branched off from CryEngine and stopped taking it's updates about a year ago. A lot of the updates they made are fundamental changes to the way CryEngine works.

pottuvoi

Banned
So where is uncompressed footage of this demo? Huh?

I mean i look at screens like this and then look at 30fps interlaced youtube video and cry ;/

citizencon-2016-4k-screenshot-05.jpg
The planet shadows are quite nice, it's really a good thing that they generate them separately from the normal shadow maps.
No clear line of terrain shadow generation in distance and they can reuse the information for many frames, for renderer it's most likely just a mask texture for a lightsource.

KKRT00

The planet shadows are quite nice, it's really a good thing that they generate them separately from the normal shadow maps.
No clear line of terrain shadow generation in distance and they can reuse the information for many frames, for renderer it's most likely just a mask texture for a lightsource.

The shadow draw distance even for normal objects is bonkers.
https://youtu.be/XuDj5v81Nd0?t=6906
Like here Wurm's shadow is still rendered from so many kilometers away.

Shari

I bought this game just before the split of the base game and SQ42. I've been pretty underwhelmed on how this game has progressed this year, but I recently read the kotaku article on the development on the game and thought it was better to just be patient.

Now Citizencon has been a huge disappointment for me, they didn't show anything worth highlighting. Seriously the best thing you have to show on THE event of the game on the year we're supposed to be receiving SQ42 is a (second) video on plane generation tech?

Whatever. See you next year.

Xane

Hahaha, that's what I thought as well.

And now I'm $4k in.

Someone was kind enough to deinterlace the Planetary Demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr8sFUYHGEU&list=PL6QRWRo7GbzKgoLwV9FQjz_TwOWTP4A4A

and the editor demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKCDRyYzLtM&list=PL6QRWRo7GbzKgoLwV9FQjz_TwOWTP4A4A&index=2

Like CR said

Be on the look out for SQ42 related content on these streams. Even though i too feel the sting of not getting more footage at CitizenCon, with the advent of the Morrow Tour walk through from last year (Best foot forward maybe not, still it was good to see) ... but it's not all bad yet.

(Other then SQ42 being pushed back even if it was obvious months ago. Along with AI being a big blocker.)'

Anywas.

Anniversary Stream 2015: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB2aTyxfO7MUIl_6xUukdOUD

They showed a lot of content and game play related stuff and SQ42 related content and character pipeline walk through in relation to 42 also. They were pretty darn long as well.

This one happens sometime in the middle of November usually.

and

Holiday Stream 2015: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB3y-Nmb05BuW364aFl7WXwh

The early Planetary tech was shown in a more playable state with the early Levski landing zone being showcased at that time. With Sean Tracy demoing, it's where Pupil to Planet was shown for the first time.

(I think at the start)

They also showed some SQ42 related interview and little behind the scenes.

So that's like 5 to 6+ hours of content, videos, interviews and information. Overall it bodes well for the next two months. It would be a good move on CIG's part to just make either one of the upcoming streams a big SQ42 showcase to make up for CitizenCon. In the mean time i hope were playing 2.6 and Star Marine.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Looks cool, but I really hope this is just a developer feature and not in the actual game. No reason for atmospheric flight models if you can just Q-jump from one planet to the next in 2 seconds.

Yeah, they just did that to speed up the demo I think. They showed atmospheric entry effects in the last one, so it wouldn't make much sense otherwise. (link)

Top Bottom