• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

~Cross~

Star Marine cheats are now available. I wonder if this can carry over to the PU?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHtIjbBVuTE&feature=youtu.be

Someone tested it and they figured out that the client still registers hits if you shoot a wall thats someones behind in. Even if you arent using the wallhacks. It just doesn't register damage. The players react like they were being hit and it would show up in the other players client as well.

Thats probably why they were able to get full wallhacks that easily.

ASTROID2

Is there a way to run the game at 1080p full screen on a 4k monitor and not have the cursor messed up?

Edit: Turning on "Disable display scaling on high dpi settings" fixed it.

Shy

I recorded yesterday my Squadron Battle with Aurora LN and it seems like it was my best performance :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-gHdBRZa4&feature=youtu.be&t=4

Fit is 2x M4A Laser Cannon and 2x M3A Laser Cannon.

Fix performance, add filter so it will matchmake me with players from my zone and add energy management and we will be golden.
Btw the pvp community in AC is really small, i see almost the same nicks all the time.
You're a really good pilot. Noice.

KKRT00

It looks like you use KB+M but what do you use to control acceleration ? Just plain old "W/S" keys?

Its default control scheme for m&k, so yeah W/S keys.
I dont really watch the trust meter yet, its mostly on intuition and i'm controlling speed by using decoupled/coupled + afterburner + strafing.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Its default control scheme for m&k, so yeah W/S keys.
I dont really watch the trust meter yet, its mostly on intuition and i'm controlling speed by using decoupled/coupled + afterburner + strafing.

For KB+M, try putting side strafes on A/D and roll on Q/E. I found it was a big improvement over the defaults.

The new camera system is pretty amazing although its difficult to remember what certain buttons do. I think i take the best Star Citizen screenshots here lol

starcitizen2016-12-31hes0s.png

starcitizen2016-12-31acjrs.png

i had to take a closer look..

starcitizen2016-12-31lzs96.png

starcitizen2016-12-31u2sz5.png

Zabojnik

Great stuff as always, KKRT and mercenar1e. Keep it coming!

Happy new year, citizens! This is the year
we get the S42 misson demo
, I can feel it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Someone posted another "I'm playing Star Citizen in VR!" thread on reddit, talking about monoscopic virtual cinema as usual. I checked in on VorpX and they just added support for mapping VR controller inputs, which could be pretty good. Will try that out later and see if I can get the Z buffer method working for stereo reconstruction. (edit: apparently it just crashes the game when trying to hook into it, which is why people are sticking with the 2D desktop viewer option as a workaround)

http://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/vorpx-17-1-0-available-now/

Pomerlaw

I finally was able to download the patch. AC feels a lot better now, but it seems my computer isn't up to the task to run Crusader. Is now a good time to upgrade? I may wait for 3.0.

DrBo42

So what's going on with Star Marine's TTK? Seems to vary but is more consistent on the "Holy shit why won't you die?" end of the spectrum from what I've seen. Server issues with hit detection? Or is it designed to be very spongey?

So what's going on with Star Marine's TTK? Seems to vary but is more consistent on the "Holy shit why won't you die?" end of the spectrum from what I've seen. Server issues with hit detection? Or is it designed to be very spongey?

Server issues. Haven't really had a consistent TTK in any match I played.

Juraash

So is there a relatively affordable way to jump in on this game and is there enough there to justify it at this point?

I don't follow the game much so I'm not exactly sure where we are in terms of features and actual...Game. Not sure if just buying Elite: Dangerous or something would scratch the itch better for now.

Zalusithix

So is there a relatively affordable way to jump in on this game and is there enough there to justify it at this point?

I don't follow the game much so I'm not exactly sure where we are in terms of features and actual...Game. Not sure if just buying Elite: Dangerous or something would scratch the itch better for now.

We're in alpha and many of the features of the game aren't in place. Like mentioned above, you can always wait for a free fly period to make your decision. Or just buy Elite. Star Citizen isn't going anywhere in the interim.

As for affordable, the holiday packages are still available for $35 to get access to SC (MMO) with an option to add on eventual Squadron 42 (campaign) access for $25 making the buy in cost $35-60. When the Holiday packages are exhausted the price range will shift to $45-70. You don't need to spend more than that to get access to everything in the game(s). Of course the sky's the limit when it comes to optional spending.

Top Bottom