• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Marine teaser is up. Animations still aren't impressive yet, but the levels graphics look good.

kinda funny how their video still shows the motion blur blug I submitted:
FPS_teaser_shot_1a_final.jpg

motionblur only on his watch... lol

BTW, I am gonna make the separate thread tomorrow for Citizencon. What time should I post it?

The animations are one of the things I was looking forward to the most. :-/
CIG seems to be going out of their way to make them look bad. Release videos @ 30fps with broken motionblur. Clearly the best way to show off highly detailed animations!

For a multiplayer game, they are actually quite good. I suggest people watch a video of call of duty to see what a slow walk and weapon pan in third person looks like. Star Marine is MUCH better looking.
I would say about 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern. Two hours before the event is supposed to start, three and a half hours before the event will start.

Sounds good, I shall post it then.

tuxfool

Banned
Still no AA. The lighting looks kind of bad too.

Sure it looks good for MP, but at least they could have things like dynamic shadows, dudes cast no shadows.

tuxfool

Banned
They teased star marine for several months but the hype just isn't working for me anymore.

TBH I don't really care that much about it. I'm just curious to try it out, no matter how bad it feels or looks.

I'm not about to get hyped on command, if something is interesting, cool, but otherwise I'll hang on.

They teased star marine for several months but the hype just isn't working for me anymore.

Until they show me...

1) Vanduul at the end of my scope
2) Customizable avatars

I'm not that interested in the FPS either.

To be honest...walking around the social module and seeing a bunch of ME is pretty meh in general.

Hopefully I can get back on board the hype train tomorrow.

Geist-

Until they show me...

1) Vanduul at the end of my scope
2) Customizable avatars

I'm not that interested in the FPS either.

To be honest...walking around the social module and seeing a bunch of ME is pretty meh in general.

Hopefully I can get back on board the hype train tomorrow.

Hopefully the SQ42 trailer is a gameplay trailer. Should be plenty of Vanduul in that.

Yeah I haven't felt it either, from the beginning. I don't like the way modern shooters are made plus I am just interested in the core part of the game which is spaceships. I get that the work on Star Marine will be used for stuff like ship boarding which is great but I think everything else attached to Star Marine is perhaps not that important (?) to a space game right now, more like something as an expansion.

first cast member reveal for SQ42 and he says the game will be released next year.. i thought they planned for the first few chapters of SQ42 to be released in December?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvxtR40E8Q

They need to release it when it's done. If that is a year after the projected release window so what?

Wasn't the Division suppose to be out by now? Do people think Ubisoft is making the game worse by letting it bake a little longer?

They need to release it when it's done. If that is a year after the projected release window so what?

Wasn't the Division suppose to be out by now? Do people think Ubisoft is making the game worse by letting it bake a little longer?

i just feel that going into the event people should already be notified that SQ42 isn't set to see any form of release this year but instead we have an actor spilling the beans in a youtube video. its completely disappointing and i thought CR touted complete transparency earlier this year? does that only apply to portions of the game that's already delayed?

i just feel that going into the event people should already be notified that SQ42 isn't set to see any form of release this year but instead we have an actor spilling the beans in a youtube video. its completely disappointing and i thought CR touted complete transparency earlier this year? does that only apply to portions of the game that's already delayed?

How could you expect CIG to release SQ42 this year when the FPS and dogfighting mechanics aren't even full developed?

Zabojnik

I feel like the only people that remember what CR said about SQ42 releasing at the end of this year are the people that (like us) already know that's not happening, seeing how long(er than expected) it's taking them to release the FPS module. Everyone else should just tune in and enjoy the show and see what they have to say about it.

KKRT00

How could you expect CIG to release SQ42 this year when the FPS and dogfighting mechanics aren't even full developed?

In terms of FPS, its not the mechanics, its the animations and netcode.
Multicrew is almost working, but yeah december is unrealistic for a full S42, but for vertical slice?
I actually can see vertical slice happening in december or early january.

Zalusithix

Roster sheet updated to contain the Endeavor (+ modules) and the Sabre as options. Kind of forgot to add the Endeavor in before.

Can't say I wasn't tempted to melt damn near everything for the Armada pack, but I'd lose too many ships that I like more than the Idris. Meanwhile it'd leave me with a Gladiator that I rather dislike design wise. Simpler to just add a Sabre to my fleet, albeit more costly.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
"Squadron 42 preorder" is up, which is basically the $45 Aurora package: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Preorder

It has an interesting bit of text, though:

RSI website said:
This package allows you to preorder Squadron 42, bundled with Star Citizen, at its all-time lowest price. This time-limited offer will end in 2016 when Squadron 42 becomes an item of its own.

[edit] September Monthly Report is up now: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14995-Monthly-Studio-Report

Monthly report said:
Recently, we’ve heard from backers who are worried over rumors that individual CIG studios are closing. This is not the case! In fact, Cloud Imperium Games is continuing to expand as we continue to find talented employees; we had twelve new developers start in September, alone! The root of this confusion seems to be the fact that the reorganization that began when Erin Roberts took over as head of global production is changing the specific requirements of each studio. In the spirit of open development, we are sharing the exact e-mail Chris Roberts sent to the team on the subject of restructuring two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom