• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik2121

The Aura HUD looks great. If there was one thing I loved about the Elite ships that was miles ahead of Star Citizen, that'd be the HUD design. That, and the sound... but I don't expect the sound to be on par with Elite for a long while.

Odah

Banned
The 890 Jump will be on sale on Friday for the small sum of 600$. o_O
o2fb9Hp.gif

I'm fine with my Aurora LN

but wtf is with these prices? shouldn't this be more like a backer kit or something at this price?

A PSA for anyone who hasn't heard but the AMD Mustang package from the Never Settle promotion will apparently come with the full game after all according to CIG/RSI on a livestream Q&A. So if you haven't bought in yet you might be able to get in on the cheap.

I hope we see some more middle/smaller sized ships soon. I'm really excited to see the 890 jump, but I will never be piloting one myself. It seems like so far for a solo player who doesn't want to play with multiple players all the time, the choice is pretty limited outside of the starter ships.

Mutombo

i have followed next to nothing about this game after the first trailers. Now i see that in game ships go for 600 USD. Seriously, is this for real? What's the angle of this game? Space Sim MMO, right?

600 USD?

Xane

i have followed next to nothing about this game after the first trailers. Now i see that in game ships go for 600 USD. Seriously, is this for real? What's the angle of this game? Space Sim MMO, right?

600 USD?

No, the game's $45 (plus the "Aurora" ship).

The $600 is for a single ship. A single ship.

You can earn everything in-game though.

Hastati

600 USD?

The ships are basically all they have to fund the game at this point, although I wish they had a cheaper ship pack for new players. Ships like these are meant for guilds rather than individuals, and the number they sell is supposed to be a percentage of the total in game population. Once the game releases the funding structure is expected to change.

Still, six hundred fucking dollars. I'm going to abandon all of this luxury and just become a space hill billy. Space billy?

KKRT00

600 USD?

Is it that hard to read FAQ on the official site?
There are 3 games in SC. MMO, SP campaign with coop, and MP with mods

Daedardus

I mean you spent all this time hyping up the 890 Jump and you're just going to punk out now, Daedardus?

Hella weak.

I have decided that the 890 Jump isn't up to my luxury standards. $600, pffft, plebeian pocket change. I will wait for a true luxurious ship.

In the meantime, anyone willing to buy a kidney? A+ bloodtype, almost zero contact with alcohol and other wasteful substances, got fed plenty of water.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
When does CitizenCon's livestream start tomorrow in the superior & best timezone, aka CET?

I don't know why you'd want it in CET considering CET isn't being observed anywhere

CEST, on the other hand, is, and CitizenCon will begin at 4 a.m. Saturday in that time zone. Hope you've got some coffee ready.

That's 10 p.m. Friday EDT and 7 p.m. PDT., BTW.

OK, so this is what I expect:

1. Cutlass commercial
2. Gladius commercial? Showcase?
3. SQ42 something or another as well as an announcement about Arena commander 1.0.

Zabojnik

OK, so this is what I expect:

1. Delay
2. Technical difficulties
3. Cutlass commercial
4. Gladius commercial? Showcase?
5. SQ42 something or another as well as an announcement about Arena commander 1.0.
6. ????
7. PROFIT!!!

Did a fix on that. Wouldn't be a CIG livestream without points 1 & 2. :p

I'm predicting something planetside module related over something S42. No concrete clues, just a gut feeling.

KKRT00

Did a fix on that. Wouldn't be a CIG livestream without points 1 & 2. :p

I'm predicting something planetside module related over something S42. No concrete clues, just a gut feeling.

Yep, i'm with You with prediction.
Also some new renders of characters and their animations.

What a pity i wont be able to watch it live :\ Dat drama at low ass quality is always glorious :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Probably another brief FPS module teaser. Hopefully something from the planetside module,since it's been four months since we last saw anything, and it sounds like Austin's been pretty busy on that front lately. Definitely a commercial for a ship, probably the Cutlass. Maybe they'll reveal Cutlass variants and put them up for sale, too. They like synergistic things like that. Hopefully we see some of that vertical slice they've got working for Squadron 42.

[edit] Oh, and definitely technical difficulties and delays. That's more certain than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom