• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero Delayed to Q1 2016

Penguin

Just announced on Twitter

https://www.facebook.com/3514405049...975?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter

Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64. All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we’re aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

https://www.facebook.com/NintendoConsoleGaming/posts/897445373656670

A Message from Mr. Miyamoto Regarding Star Fox Zero
I made a big decision last week.
We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes. While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.
To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.
Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64. All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we’re aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Muzy72

Banned
We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes. While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.
To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.

GulAtiCa

https://www.facebook.com/3514405049...975?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter

A Message from Mr. Miyamoto regarding Star Fox Zero:

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So they say its already at the state to release by the holiday season but they still want to put it back in the lab for a few more months

Is this the first Holiday season where Nintendo does not have a major title coming out? They probably wish they delayed Mario Maker now. Holy shit. Wii U is confirmed DEAD now.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

One way to smooth the gap is to just let me play on the TV, thankyouverymuch.

Crayolan

I'm guessing this is in response to the negative reaction the game's been receiving.

RIP Nintendo Q4 2015. They should push up Xenoblade to make up for this.

reggie-fils-aime-06-15-14-1.jpg

bigkrev

This game has looked rough, and it's not like the game missing the holiday will have any impact on WiiU sales this fall.

Is this the first Holiday season where Nintendo does not have a major title coming out? They probably wish they delayed Mario Maker now. Holy shit. Wii U is confirmed DEAD now.

Xenoblade and Yoshi

Pinky

Banned
I'm okay with this. I wasn't too terribly critical of the footage we've seen, but it was still rough. Take your time, Miyamoto. I can wait.

jholmes

I'd be more OK with this if Xenoblade was coming before December.

You know what Nintendo, use those empty Wii U cases and print off retail copies of Fatal Frame. Problem solved, you'll have a worthwhile game out in November, everyone's happy.

They should push up Xenoblade to make up for this.

Ahh, I'm not alone here!

4 merged topics, all posted at the same time...

You guys trying to outdo Wario64?

Also 2015: everything was 2016.

And also, for the best. The game looked super rough.

Zubz

Banned
I'm glad they're taking the time with the game; it looked as if it could use the extra polishing! But what's Nintendo going to do for the Holiday season now, then? Mario Tennis? Pump a lot more DLC into Splatoon/Mario Maker/Smash? A lot seemed to be riding on Star Fox as is, so I'm honestly a bit surprised it was delayed.

Escalario

Banned

Let's face it. Star Fox isn't a major title. It had 1 good game almost 2 decades ago and that's it. And it never was a system seller.

Top Bottom