• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox's Legs Weren't Amputated & other Nintendo Facts from Dylan Cuthbert

Apparently Dylan Cuthbert streamed himself playing Star Fox Zero a few days ago and dropped some interesting behind-the-scenes details at Nintendo, which Gamexplain compiled in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVNhFIUbNE

The one that stood out to me is also one that debunks something I've seen time and time again: Fox's legs weren't ampuated. Oh, and he's NOT married to Miyamoto's daughter either (another popular misconception), among some other things.

CronoShot

Ufbr5ej.gif

Miyamoto confirmed the leg bit earlier.
The puppets did have robot legs, but it was just a design choice.
Didn't know about the Miyamoto daughter rumor, and the fact that Miyamoto tells bad jokes is pretty funny to think about

cacildo

I like the amputaded legs theory. Of course it isnt canon, but it fits so well with earlier ilustrations they should just go with it

L Thammy

This is like finding out that the Koopalings aren't Bowser's kids all over again. Headcanon trumps canon every time.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I always assumed it was just because of the way the original puppets were designed. It's a simple ball & socket joint for posing the feet easier.

Some people see that and assume it means they have metal legs for some reason.

Red Devil

I never really bought that only because Game Theory said so.

Interesting thing about Miyamoto's daughter, considering I've seen it being mentioned in several places multiple times(even on GAF).

PSqueak

Banned
While them embracing the theory would have been a cool thing todo from the coincidence, it was incredibly obvious that the metal legs were just the bare skeleton of the posable figures that they prolly decided looked cool and left it like that instead of covering in fake fur or tiny boots.

-shadow-

Honestly the best thing about the video is to see how terrible he's playing the game. It's amazing.

Also that joke. What the hell!?

Eradicate

Maybe it's taxidermy of a real star fox over a robot?

It also looks more polygonal with tiny ankles, which fits with the first game!

Steejee

Never heard of the amputation idea before - I always assumed it was just artistic choice, especially since Peppy has the same feet.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It looks cool, basically.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamo...racter-metal-legs-so-they-could-look-more-hum
The designs allowed them to fit in with one another better and appear more human like

I totally forgot about this video. Thanks

Robot legs are just a design thing, but Miyamoto kinda thinked about their tails
Barrel-roll is basically a Donkey Kong reference - which makes sense because Miamoto
There's no real flying physics on Nintendo games - smart choice. Flying Simulator exists, and it's not for everyone

L Thammy

"So they're peg-legged furries?"
"He doesn't have a daughter, he has two sons. I'm married to his son."

lol

Where is the full Miyamoto joke? I don't want to watch too much of the video - I still haven't gotten around to playing Zero.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
"So they're peg-legged furries?"
"He doesn't have a daughter, he has two sons. I'm married to his son."

lol

Where is the full Miyamoto joke? I don't want to watch too much of the video - I still haven't gotten around to playing Zero.

You go poop and then only a square of paper to clean youself, what you do?
You put your finger passing through the middle of the paper, like that: http://i.imgur.com/7cK5VTL.jpg
Then you clean you butthole with your finger. After that, you clean your finger with the paper

Top Bottom