• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars 1313 Prototype environment leaked

AnkitDanger

Banned
christopher-scott-sw1313-demoenvwips-ue3-2010.jpg

Sauce:https://gamingroute.com/star-wars-1313-prototype-environment-leaked/

It'd be nice if this game could be resurrected somehow. Maybe with a Mandalorian coat of paint. There's always a rabid fanbase with Star Wars properties and I'm sure someone could do an action adventure style game justice.

It's not exactly like EA have used the license to its fullest effect either.

This game getting cancelled is an absolute travesty. This would've been an amazing game. Sigh.. it has sucked being a star wars game fan for the past 10 years.

Flintty

It'd be nice if this game could be resurrected somehow. Maybe with a Mandalorian coat of paint. There's always a rabid fanbase with Star Wars properties and I'm sure someone could do an action adventure style game justice.

It's not exactly like EA have used the license to its fullest effect either.
Mandalorian played out a bit like an RPG game; Do this thing, get rewarded material to upgrade your armour, do this thing to repair your ship etc. and I really liked that format, I think it would translate well to a game.

Mandalorian played out a bit like an RPG game; Do this thing, get rewarded material to upgrade your armour, do this thing to repair your ship etc. and I really liked that format, I think it would translate well to a game.
I think the property is ripe with potential. To waste that potential is missing out on potential money, which we all know Disney loves.

As you said, the show itself even has elements that could roughly transfer to gameplay beats. There's such a rich catalogue of potential side stories in Star Wars, I'm always gutted when they never use it to its fullest potential. Same reason I was sad Amy Hennig's project got reworked into a more Multiplayer focused offering.

Edit: Could I have used the word potential any more than I did here?

Potentially.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
This one died to have the shitty monetized battlefront saga and that ultra derivative metroidvania souls of fallen order, we now make a 1 minute silence pause to let that sink in.

Last edited:
Christ, I'd take a Bounty Hunter 2 at this point. Anything than just Battlefront games. At least Fallen Order was striving to be something different.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
If there was ever one game that should have NOT been cancelled and now, should be resurrected, Star Wars 1313 IS that fucking game. This game would have printed money for Disney/EA.

Gifmaker

Magnifying-Glass-PC-e1321464645960.jpg

Neat-ish.. I guess? I can't really tell, the images are pretty small and look like Max Payne for GBA cutscenes. Something bigger would have been more interesting to take a look at. However, I was and still am curious for what this game would have been like, just like the cancelled Darth Maul-game.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Gold Member
Force Unleashed 2.5? I don't see anything interesting in those shots, at least not what some people see.

McRazzle

Wasn't the same Singoporean studio that was working on this, the same one that was working on Metroid Prime 4 before it was rebooted at Retro Studios?

I think the property is ripe with potential. To waste that potential is missing out on potential money, which we all know Disney loves.

As you said, the show itself even has elements that could roughly transfer to gameplay beats. There's such a rich catalogue of potential side stories in Star Wars, I'm always gutted when they never use it to its fullest potential. Same reason I was sad Amy Hennig's project got reworked into a more Multiplayer focused offering.

Edit: Could I have used the word potential any more than I did here?

Potentially.

Are you telling me that Amy Hennig was working on Rogue Squadron?

Are you telling me that Amy Hennig was working on Rogue Squadron?
No, she had the project Visceral were working on. It was a single player, story driven adventure game. It was reworked into something else. Squadron is from Motive.

I'm not aware of that project (Visceral) being turned over to Motive.

MP!

I know I'm likely in the minority on this but I didn't expect this game to be any good anyway.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It kind of turned into Fallen Order, didn't it? Not literally of course, but it's pretty similar to what this would have been I think? Maybe this would have been more Uncharted and less Souls though.

RAIDEN1

It kind of turned into Fallen Order, didn't it? Not literally of course, but it's pretty similar to what this would have been I think? Maybe this would have been more Uncharted and less Souls though.
Which is right up my street, hence why I passed up on getting Fallen Order I'd rather check out Force Unleashed 1 and 2!

ryan13ts

Still hoping a whole beta, at least of that demo we saw, pops up one day. This had so much potential, sucks that it got the axe.

CamHostage

I know I'm likely in the minority on this but I didn't expect this game to be any good anyway.

I feel the same way, The trailer looked pretty, but people forget that this was a terrible time for LucasArts game development. The Star Wars TFU games were attractive and well-produced but absolutely clueless in gameplay mechanics (unless you went with the strangely-superior PSP/Wii game.) They had canceled an Indiana Jones game in that same time period that was more tech demo than playable game. And their producers worked on Star Wars Kinect, SWTOR, and the ill-fated Free Radical Battlefront III (which also gets a lot of fan nostalgia, but I thought the leaked build looked about as expected of a game that wasn't working out as well as planned and got canceled, though the engine does have some niceties.) 1313 was their attempt to get the company back in shape, and it might or might not have worked out, but stories behind the scenes point to a mess in progress and lament the tech & ideas being lost more than anything worth playing.

If you need to hold a torch for a lost Star Wars project, light it up for those 50 scripts of the Underground/1313 TV show that never got made. (Then again, depending on opinions of the sample test footage for the show's production, that might also have been a doomed project for reasonable reason.)

Last edited:

MP!

I feel the same way, The trailer looked pretty, but people forget that this was a terrible time for LucasArts game development. The Star Wars TFU games were attractive and well-produced but absolutely clueless in gameplay mechanics (unless you went with the strangely-superior PSP/Wii game.) They had canceled an Indiana Jones game in that same time period that was more tech demo than playable game. And their producers worked on Star Wars Kinect, SWTOR, and the ill-fated Free Radical Battlefront III (which also gets a lot of fan nostalgia, but I thought the leaked build looked about as expected of a game that wasn't working out as well as planned and got canceled, though the engine does have some niceties.) 1313 was their attempt to get the company back in shape, and it might or might not have worked out, but stories behind the scenes point to a mess in progress and lament the tech & ideas being lost more than anything worth playing.

If you need to hold a torch for a lost Star Wars project, light it up for those 50 scripts of the Underground/1313 TV show that never got made. (Then again, depending on opinions of the sample test footage for the show's production, that might also have been a doomed project for reasonable reason.)

That footage is fascinating ... but as you said... could have been a bummer ... or good ... we'll never know on all these cancelled projects...

Although I still occasionally pine for the cancelled darth maul game.

CamHostage

That footage is fascinating ... but as you said... could have been a bummer ... or good ... we'll never know on all these cancelled projects...

And it should be noted that test footage is just that: a test. The actual production might have polished off the rough edges and avoided some of the garish overdone elements of that footage. Seek out test footage of any SFX film/TV and you're bound to be happy for the final product.

But most assessments of that SW Underworld footage have said that it showed the technology was too early to create a realistic experience ... 10 years too early, actually, as Mandalorian broke the code of virtual sets (using videoscreen backgrounds instead of problematic green screen) for efficient and high-quality television production.

Although I still occasionally pine for the cancelled darth maul game.

I pine for the Darth Maul game too, but primarily because I believed in the developer: Red Fly did Mushroom Men, the probably-better Wii SW:TFU, the past-gen Ghostbusters (Terminal Reality's game was better in that instance,) and some other stuff. I'm not sure the game would have been great, but I who knows.)

(Also, I really like the Maul storyline, so I could see the promise there as well. Whereas that was is another questionmark on 1313... like, at the last minute, they had to change it to Boba Fett, how was that supposed to work? Jetpacks in a cover shooter? I don't know, Dark Void...)

Similarly, I pine for the 1313/Underworld show because its it had people like Ronald Moore, Chris Chibnall, and Stephen Scaia on the writing staff.

I'd like to visit that alternate timeline where some of these things exist. But I'm also aware that some of them would have outright sucked despite all good intentions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP!
Top Bottom