• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront: Leia, Han, and Palpatine Join the Battle

Fbh

The renders look great and the character descriptions sound fun.
Leia and the emperor seem to have some support abilities which sounds interesting.

Have they confirmed if there can only be 1 hero on the field at the same time? Or could we get a Luke + Han vs Vader + Emperor encounter?

Well, the inclusion of Han Solo has now suddenly interested me in this game. What kind of game is this, exactly? Is it like a FPS but in a Star Wars setting? Is it anything like Dark Forces? I remember playing that a long time ago and it was a Star Wars FPS and I liked it a lot.

Online shooter. You play as a regular ground soldier but you can pick up powerups to temporarlity turn into heroes/villains.

There was a big beta not long ago. Youtube should be filled with gameplay videos if you are interested

Piers

Han Solo screenshot

rendition1.img.jpg

That is an actual screenshot, right? Sorry to sound corny — just surprised how decent that forest scene looks. (Assuming this isn't a bullshot)

So, assuming there's another batch of heroes being posted, I'm thinking it will be Yoda, Boba Fett and...Kylo Ren? I'm drawing a blank on who they could use since ep. 1-3 seem to be omitted in the base game.

Jabba seems like an odd choice but I'd like to see it in action.

5taquitos

That is an actual screenshot, right? Sorry to sound corny — just surprised how decent that forest scene looks. (Assuming this isn't a bullshot)

It's a render, I doubt there's any instance in the game where Han is surrounded and a stormtrooper in the distance is signalling others to come.

daman824

So, assuming there's another batch of heroes being posted, I'm thinking it will be Yoda, Boba Fett and...Kylo Ren? I'm drawing a blank on who they could use since ep. 1-3 seem to be omitted in the base game.
Outside of boba fett. These are the only heroes in the final game

There are 6 heroes in the base game.

Luke
Leia
Han
Vader
Boba
Emperor

We may see more in DLC. I'm hoping for Yoda, Ben, IG-88, Kylo, Phasma, and Rey.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Thread title refers to 2 characters by their first names, why not the third.

Star Wars Battlefront: Leia, Han, and Sheev Join the Battle

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev

MiguelItUp

great looking models, to bad it looks absolutely terrible in game.

96d2f7f1aa8250b3a1925521d3ae70fa.gif

Really though, until there's footage of them moving in-game there's nothing to say. Luke and Vader looked great in the beta in my opinion. I mean, it looked like Mark Hamil, so I can't really knock it at all.

Fantastic looking character models. If nothing else Battlefront has me excited for the possibilities of the sequel. Im still biting on Battlefront this year though...been thinking about it ever since the beta ended. I just want to play more.

Scipio

TBF, as shit as the prequels were, I have always loved the villains. Darth Maul, Count Dooku and General Grievous were pretty awesome.

That, and Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan.

But I think that they will be ignored.

Eggbok

How can you play as a hero? I couldn't figure it out in the beta. Do you have to pick up one of those glowing items (like for the vehicles)?

Yes the hero tokens had lightsabers in them.

TBF, as shit as the prequels were, I have always loved the villains. Darth Maul, Count Dooku and General Grievous were pretty awesome.

Prequels have some badass battles though, mostly in The Clone Wars.

daman824

Until they can nickel and dime you for them as dlc

dan2026

I'm not sure I can take The Emperor seriously after the prequels.

Also where the fuck did the name 'Sheev' come from lol?
That makes him sound even more ridiculous.

massoluk

Banned
Palpatine walking around on the battlefront is a bit hard to relegate to suspense of disbelief. We'll see how it works out.

Eggbok

Yoda spent his entire time in the original trilogy on Dagobah.
So it honestly makes sense why he's not here.

Yoda is gonna be loading screen DLC....lift the X-Wings with the force.

The models do look good. Sad I wasn't able to try the beta.

Would'nt worry too much. Battfront 2 in 2017 will likely cover more ground. This was a rush job to get a game out near the movie pure and simple.

5taquitos

I'm actually more interested in seeing some of the alien rebels. They were teased originally, but weren't in the beta. Have they announced the different species that you can be as a rebel yet?

Plasma

Banned
I really hope they have alt costumes for these characters come launch it was weird enough seeing ROTJ Luke running around on Hoth with a green lightsaber but imagine seeing Leia in snow gear on Tatooine.

Eggbok

Would'nt worry too much. Battfront 2 in 2017 will likely cover more ground. This was a rush job to get a game out near the movie pure and simple.

Are you saying that this was a rush job because it's lacking prequel content and characters? If so I would disagree for that reason a bit because the original trilogy is directly tired to Star Wars VII so it makes sense why the base game is only that. Not to mention everything Disney is releasing Star Wars related takes post prequel era.

majik13

Yoda fighting would be prequel, and this game ain't doin' prequel.

Three Heroes, three Villains. Leia can take on Sheev, no problem.

i was just going off the datamining that I thought found him in the game. Going by them having RotJ Luke on Hoth, I could see them having a younger Yoda in this game. Its not a big stretch. But yeah, I guess he isnt in the game as of now.

I could see some of the expansions being the prequals.

Memory

They look awesome, they could remake the original trilogy digitally in a few years with life like models like these.

Jito

Banned
Are you saying that this was a rush job because it's lacking prequel content and characters? If so I would disagree for that reason a bit because the original trilogy is directly tired to Star Wars VII so it makes sense why the base game is only that. Not to mention everything Disney is releasing Star Wars related takes post prequel era.

Yup, Disney and DICE have been smart in realising that what really resonates as Star Wars with most people is the original trilogy.

I'm not sure I can take The Emperor seriously after the prequels.

Also where the fuck did the name 'Sheev' come from lol?
That makes him sound even more ridiculous.

Emperor was the best part of the prequels!

Yoda fighting would be prequel, and this game ain't doin' prequel.

Have they said that? Cause otherwise that would be obvious DLC potential.

Not really. Excluding the prequels gives room to grow. Introducing the prequels in 2 makes perfect sense. Several other areas point to the rush job.

It is a convenient excuse though. Synergy as reasons to cut things that would have been unfeasible in the shorter development time. Like not having Obi one or Chewy. Include characters who'll appear in the movie. It makes sense and is convenient.

That's kinda why I don't understand the 'prequels as dlc' talk. I find it highly unlikey. Plenty of original planets and characters like Yarvin 4 and Cloud city. Chewy and Lando etc. As well as new movie stuff like old versions of the main 3.

Top Bottom