• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode comes July 20th

Huge for me as offline vs Bots was how I played Battlefront I and II.

Maybe this will make the full price buyers remorse hurt less (PC)

Briarios

That video kinda confirmed too that Motive is already working together with DICE on Battlefront 1 ^^

Battlefront was never a Story driven game. NEVER.

That's why I said "as far as single player content goes" - and there was plenty of solo content, I still play it and so do many others. It wasn't unreasonable for people to expect that same level of content. And, if you're trying to argue that people didn't play it solo or buy it for that reason, you're being purposefully dense.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only)

Well this is fucking bullshit...

Karak

Late as hell. Insanely late. I guess a bit like we are seeing with other companies. Applaue for doing something absolutely expected in the original release.

adj_noun

one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for.

So it's Chewie and.........?

I'd prefer a leader type Tarkin, but if they put Dengar in there, I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue to complete the set.

Nere

The original Battlefront from 2004 had an offline bot mode on launch. Nowdays we can be happy if we get something similar 8 months after release. This game was really not ready for release.

4.jpg

Coolade

Looks like its $19.99 on Origin right now. Perfect time to jump in, I'm glad I waited. Can anyone comment on if the season pass has been worth it?

These updates and features are coming way too late. People have already moved on from this game. I bought the season pass and I don't even feel motivated to play it.

I bought the season pass and game based on the fun I had with the beta and hype of the movie. I got bored a week after launch and deleted it off my XB1. I never downloaded any of the season pass. 120 bucks down the drain!

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Can't wait...skipped out on bespin because I heard about this early this game is so fun.

I'm still having a blast with this game. Bespin has had some of the most fun matches I've ever played in a multiplayer game and now this. What are you doing to me, DICE? Don't you know No Man's Sky comes out roughly 2.5 weeks after this update?

HotHamBoy

Man, this game BOMBA'D so hard. I just saw it on sale at the store for $20 a couple days ago, normal retail price $40. Only six months... i know it's been $25 on PSN in sales.

Man, this game BOMBA'D so hard. I just saw it on sale at the store for $20 a couple days ago, normal retail price $40. Only six months... i know it's been $25 on PSN in sales.

EA originally predicted sales of 9m.

As of May they had shipped 14m.

I doubt they're too concerned.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I'm going to assume you're not on the EA Board of Directors.

spectator

Since the press release wording is so unclear, does anyone know if this mode will have remote co-op functionality in addition to the console-only split-screen co-op or is split-screen the only co-op option?

J_Viper

Neat for people who want it, but it's kinda fucked that the only two modes available offline are the worst modes in the game.

It's almost like DICE doesn't know Conquest is "the" mode to play, considering none of the DLC supports it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I guess they're not gonna add any more single player stuff after this, like some other additional modes. Supremacy and Turning Point couldn't be that hard to implement since they are much simpler than Walker Assault.

Also can't find any info on whether or not the DLC stuff will be playable solo. I hope that will be the case because the DLC playlists are usually inhabited by the all the toxic players

Neat for people who want it, but it's kinda fucked that the only two modes available offline are the worst modes in the game.

It's almost like DICE doesn't know Conquest is "the" mode to play, considering none of the DLC supports it.

I thought Walker Assault was pretty much THE most popular mode that people play online.

Learn something new every day.

Top Bottom