• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode comes July 20th

Been playing this mode lounging back with a controller with the graphics settings cranked to ultra, and the sound cranked as high as it can go. Also turned off HUD for good measure.

Pure fucking Star Wars bliss. Iron out the bugs, give me custom hands, the ability to choose my skin, and more maps and modes (DLC maps and modes too!) and this game could honestly turn into my go to game to chill out and play!

Been playing this mode lounging back with a controller with the graphics settings cranked to ultra, and the sound cranked as high as it can go. Also turned off HUD for good measure.

Pure fucking Star Wars bliss. Iron out the bugs, give me custom hands, the ability to choose my skin, and more maps and modes (DLC maps and modes too!) and this game could honestly turn into my go to game to chill out and play!

Exactly what I was doing earlier. I get it'll probably never be exactly like the old battlefront games, but this is a good start. I would love other modes included, and then custom hands / skins.

Hopefully they release the rest of the game modes for skirmish mode because walker assault in split screen lastnight was awesome. Would love to be able to play drop zone and heroes vs villains. One disappointing thing was that you can't earn XP and unlock stuff for the online portion of the game. I'm not sure why I was expecting it, but it would have been great to be able to level up without always having to put up with randoms online.

Can you level offline so theres some sort of incentive?

Unfortunately not. I was really hoping we could so I didn't have to always play online. And being able to play split screen co-op with my partner while contributing to our online profiles would have been great too. The Skirmish mode is really great but it does feel like a missed opportunity. Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege and many other games allow you to practice versing bots and still contribute to your overall progression.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Unfortunately not. I was really hoping we could so I didn't have to always play online. And being able to play split screen co-op with my partner while contributing to our online profiles would have been great too. The Skirmish mode is really great but it does feel like a missed opportunity. Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege and many other games allow you to practice versing bots and still contribute to your overall progression.

That's why you can't play these game modes offline. You have to be online in order for them to track you're progress without anyone cheating.

That's why you can't play these game modes offline. You have to be online in order for them to track you're progress without anyone cheating.

You are right, though you are forgetting that the skirmish game mode can in fact be played in online co-op with a friend. I suppose now they need to make an online skirmish mode that I can play in split screen with my partner while versing bots and still contribute to our overall progress. I'm not sure why they didn't just create the game mode, and then allow the individual players to choose whether they want to play online and contribute, or offline and not. Best of both worlds, really.

You are right, though you are forgetting that the skirmish game mode can in fact be played in online co-op with a friend. I suppose now they need to make an online skirmish mode that I can play in split screen with my partner while versing bots and still contribute to our overall progress. I'm not sure why they didn't just create the game mode, and then allow the individual players to choose whether they want to play online and contribute, or offline and not. Best of both worlds, really.

Or at least have a separate level/unlocks for Skirmish/Offline and Online. That would also be fine.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm completely baffled that you can't pick your own hand in Skirmish mode.
I was thinking that it would be useful for trying new Star Cards before trying to use them online but instead you only get to pick from two pre made hands. Why??

adj_noun

I'm completely baffled that you can't pick your own hand in Skirmish mode.
I was thinking that it would be useful for trying new Star Cards before trying to use them online but instead you only get to pick from two pre made hands. Why??

It's glitched. You're supposed to be able to do your own hands.

I haven't even played this yet even though I got the game because of the stupid installation bug where I'm forced to fight around as Darth Vader for hours. It just won't install correctly. I've tried everything, deleting and reinstalling, verifying game license, everything.

Quite scummy.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I still haven't won a WA match on Hard or Master as the rebels. Even if I manage to get a lot of Y-Wings and keep the Walker shields down for over a minute, the AI teammates just won't shoot at it or do any meaningul damage. Seems the only way to win is to go for the tow cable takedown on both walkers or spam lucky shots with Han if you're playing on Endor.

What's funny is that if you play as the Empire, the Rebels will actually deal a lot of damage on the Walkers even if you don't allow them to get a lot of Y-Wings and will clutch cable takedowns very frequently.

I don't get the logic behind making friendly AI dumber as you move up in difficulty. The Battles mode also had the same issue, if you chose to enable friendly AI bots on hard or master they would feed the enemy team and you would almost always lose

MilkyJoe

Been playing it for last three hours.

Was right up the top tier of the ewok tree village and saw a beacon thing was deactivated, so I used the just pack from up their, I shit you not, I got that vertigo stomach and leg thing on the way down...

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Does this make it similar to how the old Star Wars Battlefront games played? I got a Ps4 for this game but once I found out it didn't really have a single player mode (which I played to death back in the day), I never got around to getting this game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Does this make it similar to how the old Star Wars Battlefront games played? I got a Ps4 for this game but once I found out it didn't really have a single player mode (which I played to death back in the day), I never got around to getting this game.

If they add more stuff to it, it has the potential to be even better than the originals. Currently, it leaves a lot to be desired, but that was to be expected since only 3 people worked on it.

Kind of.

It would felt far more similiar if they added conquest/sabotage mode to skirmish.

However, they have reused all of the old battlefront bot names. Which is cool.

WillyFive

No, game design is unchanged; however it is more controlled now and you pick which map you want to play on and what difficulty you are comfortable with, as opposed to before where you were at the mercy of whichever server you were dropped into.

Top Bottom