• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode comes July 20th

MilkyJoe

So reading this, has this gone back to the 21st now or still today? I'm in the UK.

Tomorrow now...

Which sucks as my missus is away today and tomorrow, back Friday, and if it's a massive patch then it'll take absolute hours to download on my shitty connection, so I wont get to play it until maybe Saturday... Stupid Dice...

Tomorrow now...

Which sucks as my missus is away today and tomorrow, back Friday, and if it's a massive patch then it'll take absolute hours to download on my shitty connection, so I wont get to play it until maybe Saturday... Stupid Dice...

Gutted lol I has got it all ready for a blast this afternoon. Oh well :-(

SomTervo

Tomorrow now...

Wait, what?

Since when was 'Thursday morning' i.e. 1200am PT, Friday morning in the UK?

Fuck, if I log onto the PSN and can't download this I'll be raging.

RyanW

Actually would have been nice that it had its own ranking and unlock system separate from the actual MP just for the hell of it. I remember Black Ops 1 having that with Combat Training

Newlove

I'm sure the offline players will appreciate downloading the offline mode update

Pretty cool addition, however I can't see myself playing with bots only too much when there is the online option. I played Battlefront 1 and 2 offline all the time against just bots which was very fun and I loved those games However if I had Xbox live at the time I would have played with reaI players in the mix. I'm sure there are many out there who will use it more than me.

MilkyJoe

Wait, what?

Since when was 'Thursday morning' i.e. 1200am PT, Friday morning in the UK?

Fuck, if I log onto the PSN and can't download this I'll be raging.

My missus is back Friday, this unlocks tomorrow 12pm gmt, I believe, well for Xbox anyway, check out previous page, I posted the times.

One step closer to galactic conquest mode... Please EA. I loved playing galactic conquest with bots.

Then what will they add for Battlefront II? No, they're going to port the whole game over, change some models, make three new maps (with a whole season's pass worth of content throughout the year!) and boom "Now with Galactic Conquest." Crowd goes wild. Storm Troopers throwing their helmets.

SomTervo

My missus is back Friday, this unlocks tomorrow 12pm gmt, I believe, well for Xbox anyway, check out previous page, I posted the times.

Just people said 12am on 20 July, PST, which would lead me to think 9am 20 July GMT, which would mean 9am today.

What a crock of shit. Oh well. Still looking forward to it.

Timu

I don't see the connection here. What game ever has let offline progress versus bots carry over to online progress versus people? Why were you even expecting it?
Overwatch may not be offline, but progress against bots do carry over to real people.

Memory

Been playing a couple of hours, i much prefer it to online. I can actually get hero drops whenever i see them now, the AI doesn't use cheap tactics.

Online was really fun at launch but like most online games once the meta had been established it became a chore. Very glad they released skirmish mode, its very fun and has brought new life to the game, i'm probably going to pick up the dlc once they enable skirmish for some of the other modes.

Did they? That would be enough for me to finally grab it on PC around $20 or less.
Yep, you can play any of the offline modes (Skirmish, Survival, and Battles) online with or against a friend from your Origin/PlayStation/Xbox friends lists. No matchmaking, you need to invite or be invited.

On PS4 and Xbone you get splitscreen as well.

RyanW

12 GB for this Update? Really? Is there any other new things?
Xbox here. Played 2 days ago so I was updated with the latest version and its 12gb.

I remember this being a thing for I think Bespin where the Xbox update was much bigger than PlayStation

What kind of stuff can you do if you just want to play offline single player?

Can you progress and unlock things just like MP?

And can you fly xwings or other ships?

Xbox here. Played 2 days ago so I was updated with the latest version and its 12gb.

I remember this being a thing for I think Bespin where the Xbox update was much bigger than PlayStation
It might say 12gb but if it's like the PS4 after a few minutes it'll jump in the progress bar and only download the new 4gb.

xam3l

You sure? The last update was 12 gb, this one is supposed to be a smidge under 4, you might be extra out of date

Yup. I find it strange because I boot up the game yesterday and it was fine, no updates. (Xbox One)

Bummer cuz I wont play it today. :(

daxy

Almost tempted to pick it up on PC and might if it drops below 20, just for the visual spectacle and sound design. I would have gotten this game in a heartbeat if it had splitscreen on PC. Wonder if that's another feature they might put in.

MilkyJoe

Yup. I find it strange because I boot up the game yesterday and it was fine, no updates. (Xbox One)

Bummer cuz I wont play it today. :(

i did 12 GB on the last weekend. If it's another 12 then I am not playing tonight, thats for sure...

Update

It might say 12gb but if it's like the PS4 after a few minutes it'll jump in the progress bar and only download the new 4gb.

If it does this on X1, Xam, let me know, yah!!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
First impressions are really good even though the rebel AI could use some tweaking to try and take down the AT-ATs more aggressively once their shields go down. The difficulty on hard is just right and comes close to online play. Game is really enjoyable for me now since I no longer have to deal with the annoying tryhards that started inhabiting the MP after the DLCs came out

Hopefully they will keep updating the mode with more content from the base game and the DLCs.

Disappointed that the PC version doesn't have local co-op, the online communities doesn't really matter to me as I wouldn't be playing much online, but no local co-op on PC is pushing me to the Ps4 version.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Had to download the full 12GB on XB1 to play. Anything before just loads up that opening Vader mission.

Top Bottom