• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
While trying to get the new contract, i found that i'm way more able to survive in close combat than i'm when i'm trying to snipe.
How ironic.

Once i switched to E-11 and close combat, i got 3/5ths (had 2/5ths already) of the contract very quickly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
While trying to get the new contract, i found that i'm way more able to survive in close combat than i'm when i'm trying to snipe.
How ironic.

Once i switched to E-11 and close combat, i got 3/5ths (had 2/5ths already) of the contract very quickly.

I am the same way. I have to adjust big time, and slow down my gaming for snipe play style. I was so used to the faster, closer modes, that I usually have better performance in them, due to the 'rushing' nature when I try to snipe. But if I slow down and get good vantage points on the map, and really think, I can do pretty well for streaks in larger modes, just do not expect me to have a shitload of kills compared to other modes, lol.

Woorloog

Banned
If i'm alone and sit around 10 minutes with a Pulse Cannon, i can get maybe 6 kills, from a good vantage point. I also die about 6 times during that time as well.
If i'm with a friend, double the kills, because my friend will probably get me a Blaster Turret.

If i'm rushing about, i'll get a lot of kills in a short time. Hyper-aggressive style serves me well often.

I'm a poor sniper. Though lack of good reticules in scopes doesn't help (gimme a SVD-style reticule that does work for a game (like it did in Battlefield 3) and i'll start hitting things very well).
Pulse Cannon is kind of non-intuitive for me. The bolt is just slow enough i keep missing with it.
EDIT That is, for snipers with bullet-drop. No bullet drop but no hit-scan either means i'm kinda terrible with it, like with the Pulse Cannon.

Woorloog

Banned
Fucking Windows. Suddenly some Windows part decides it needs to do "maintenance", while i'm in a middle of a Battlefront match. Result: Stuttering, because the installer thing grabs half of CPU power, and Windows puts desktop on, causing me to lose control and die.
The best part is, i don't know what it was, because it never showed the installer long enough for me to determine what program it was. Some re-distributable was all i saw.
Why the fuck did Windows decided that was a good moment to do stuff?

EDIT Log reveals what it was. MS Visual C++ redistributable. So, how do i prevent it from doing anything in the future?

EDIT It was the fucking GoG Galaxy's fault, it updated Pillars of Eternity or something like that. Goddamnit. Gotta remove auto-updating then... can't trust it not to do that again while i'm playing something.

RyanW

If it plays just like Extraction in MM and the bots are programmed with it in mind and not just mindless things either following you or constantly coming at you then this could be fun. Hopefully it'll open up to other modes.

Still would like to see at least Blast, Fighter Squadron, and Walker Assault "instant action" modes

Emouse

Decided to pick up the outer rim DLC and start playing this again yesterday, after reinstalling & updating the bounty hunter trait seems to be re-locked and is now just asking me to buy it again, anyone else have this happen?

I'm liking the new weapons and the contracts stuff though, this game is still really fun

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god they finally fixed Luke's ROTJ saber having the proper activation sound.

I swear it used the same sound as Vader's before.

Also doing that 15 scout pistol kills contract actually gave me new appreciation for the scout pistol, since it's a 6 second cool down it's actually fantastic. But I still think it should allow you to fire 2 or 3 times.

Trying to do the DLT19X challenge right now, but my fucking god it's enraging that the ee-3 and the e-11 are superior snipers than the t12b

So tired of Supremacy matches that end early. For fucks sake there is 5 minutes left on the clock, let it run down before you take the last point.

And fuck, now that I'm trying I can't get to level three on my traits.

it8ZQy0jXZiX6.gif

sorry

Dantooine

Banned
So tired of Supremacy matches that end early. For fucks sake there is 5 minutes left on the clock, let it run down before you take the last point.

Whats the point in letting the clock run down? The other team wants to take the last point, your team is supposed to stop them, if thay can't, that's it. Duh.

Whats the point in letting the clock run down? The other team wants to take the last point, your team is supposed to stop them, if thay can't, that's it. Duh.

It isn't fun. To be on either end of it. I hate when I'm doing well only for a couple of idiots to end a round with 5 minutes left. We've got them pinned at their last point, just milk it.

Digby

Neo Member
I'm not touching this game anymore until the morons at dice implement team scramble. The 40 player matches are still a complete shitshow of lopsided teams.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm not touching this game anymore until the morons at dice implement team scramble. The 40 player matches are still a complete shitshow of lopsided teams.

I've given up on 40 player modes ages ago, 12 player or bust.

At least I can directly impact the team performance in those game modes.

40 player modes are just a disaster and consistently not fun. I feel like a conquest mode from battlefield would greatly improve them.

PrankT

40 player modes are just a disaster and consistently not fun. I feel like a conquest mode from battlefield would greatly improve them.
Would be nice if they altered supremacy so that all points could be captured. Instant conquest. I'm sure many adjustments would be needed, but it would be great to try.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Would be nice if they altered supremacy so that all points could be captured. Instant conquest. I'm sure many adjustments would be needed, but it would be great to try.

Yeah just more game modes really where you're forced to do an objective would be nice.

Also the t21b is going to make my pull my arms off, this gun is enraging to use. I really wish they would hide deaths on the scoreboard (which do nothing except demoralize an already losing team) and instead show objective score which would make people wanna get a bigger number there.

Has the Season Pass ever went on sale before?

I really want to get it, but I don't want to drop $50 on it with only one map pack out right now. What are the chances that it will go on sale on May 4th?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Has the Season Pass ever went on sale before?

I really want to get it, but I don't want to drop $50 on it with only one map pack out right now. What are the chances that it will go on sale on May 4th?
Pretty sure it got at least 10 dollars off during the TFA craze

Got the Berserker contract last night. Haven't tried it so far.

This is seriously one of my favorite MP games this gen so far.

Just loving the accespbility, and always like how easily good players can do well

PrankT

Just loving the accespbility, and always like how easily good players can do well
Berserker is pretty great. Pair it with adrenaline pack and you feel extremely powerful.

Its pretty great when no one is using the babby cards and weapons, but I'll likely be dropping it next month in favor of Overwatch.

Until then I plan to abuse the living crap out of explosive shot and pulse cannon :D That DICE balance.

Agreed. I'd take it even further and say it's my favorite MP game ever.
Clocked 280 hrs played and still haven't grown tired of playing.
Extraction, Dropzone and Walker Assault are just so much fucking fun.

Completely and utterly agree

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe you should play other games then...

12 player matches are boring and dont really bring that "battlefront" feel.

The 40 player matches are the way to go

Maybe he likes the Dark Forces or Jedi Knight without sabers feel. I really enjoy the intense small modes like Drop Zone and Cargo from time to time.

What they games needs to do is have custom playlists where we can choose ones without the hero pick ups, especially in Fighter Squadron.

I don't like to blow my own horn but in other shooters i average 4kd but in this game i constantly die in what seems 1 blast, i can barely go positive.

are there more descent players struggling in swb?

Didn't have this problem in the beta tho.

RyanW

Anybody hoping we see some updates to the way some gamemodes play?

I've ranted here before about Hero Hunt and how Heroes don't really seem to have much of chance because of health and so many players, but I also have a problem with Cargo. I like the twist DICE has done with this iteration of CTF but I feel like either the time limit should be reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes or instead of starting 5-5 it should be 3-3.

Maybe you should play other games then...

12 player matches are boring and dont really bring that "battlefront" feel.

The 40 player matches are the way to go

That's ironic coming from you.

If they'd only focused on the larger game modes, I probably wouldn't be playing this anymore. They're fun to jump into occasionally but I just find them too chaotic a lot of the time.

RyanW

If they'd only focused on the larger game modes, I probably wouldn't be playing this anymore. They're fun to jump into occasionally but I just find them too chaotic a lot of the time.

I would be okay with more focus on the big modes and maps if they weren't so linear. Walker Assault and Turning Point are essentially the same with roles switched and Supremacy is just Tug of War adding a bit of extra stuff to maps like Hoth.

With that said I love the smaller modes especially Extraction and Drop Zone. I hope in the future we see the return of Conquest and hopefully an update to adding variations of existing big maps to work with the mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom