ABOUT THIS GAME
- Star Wars Battlefront marks the first game in a 10 year deal between Lucasfilm and Electronic Arts to produce AAA games set in the Star Wars universe. This first title is a reboot of a series of multiplayer shooter games that were inspired by the Battlefield series to recreate famous battles from the Star Wars films in an online environment. The series saw two main installments in 2004 & 2005, as well as two handheld spinoffs, that went on to have strong sales and develop a following of dedicated fans over the years. Over the last decade, a third installment was teased and cancelled on three occasions, but now the series has finally returned with the original creators of the Battlefield series at the helm combined with the marketing power of Electronic Arts, a new generation of consoles, and a rejuvenated Star Wars brand backed by Disney.
PUBLISHER: Electronic Arts
PLATFORMS: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Origin)
- Official Site
- EA Star Wars Games Site
- Season Pass
- SWBF |OT1|
- Star Wars |OT|
- Star Wars Gaming Community Thread
- Review Thread
- PC Performance Thread
- The Battlefront Companion app provides on-the-go stat tracking, player customization, and a mobile card game called Base Command where players can earn bonus credits for use in the main game.
- Android | iOS | Browser
- Name = BattlefrontGAF
- Search User = SG-17
- The Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass contains access to four paid DLC packs each containing 4 maps, a variety of star cards and weapons, a new game mode, and two new heroes. The pass retails for $50 while each individual DLC pack retails for $15.
PAID DLC PACKS
- Outer Rim: Out now. A close quarters focused pack set in the halls of Jabba's Palace and refineries of Sullust. In this pack you'll fight with or against Nien Nunb and Greedo while attempting to extract valuables in the new Extraction game mode. Outer Rim is limited to 16 players and only features small modes.
- Bespin: June 2016: A large mode (40 players) focused pack set in the Cloud City of Bespin. You'll fight alongside Lando and Dengar while avoiding being trampled by AT-ATs.
- Death Star: Fall 2016. Not much is known about this pack yet, only that it will take place on the Death Star and will feature two more heroes.
- Secret Pack: Early 2017. Nothing is known about this pack's theme at all. The timing however lends one to think it may be Rogue One themed.
- Battle of Jakku: Out now. In this free map pack you fight in the debris strewn fields of Jakku in large and small modes during the battle that set the stage for the opening sequence of Episode VII.
- Raider Camp: Out now. This map is a Survival mode map converted to the small multiplayer modes.
- Twilight on Hoth: Out now. This map is set on a glacier on the ice planet Hoth during, you guessed it, twilight. This map is for large modes as well as Drop Zone.
- Survivors of Endor: Out now. This map is set in the burning forest of Endor after the shield installation is destroyed. This map is for large modes.
- Other: Free weapons, star cards, and customization are also coming. The first three, the DLT-19X sniper rifle, the DL-18 blaster pistol, the Berserker trait card, and a Weequay Rebel skin are already available. A Bacta Bomb healing grenade card and an Ion Distruptor weapon card are coming soon.
- Hutt Contracts are new ways to unlock weapons and equipment in Star Wars Battlefront. You pay with in-game credits to unlock a contract which then you must complete objectives in a match to gain access to the weapon or star card. This system is both for paid and free content. As of posting there are three free weapons and star cards that can be earned through Hutt Contracts in addition to the weapons and star cards included in the Outer Rim DLC.