• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

bombshell

I've never played a Battlefront game before but is there an SP?

Yes.

"DICE general manager Patrick Bach told Eurogamer Star Wars: Battlefront does not feature a campaign. Rather, it features "crafted missions" that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or cooperatively online."

Toki767

ciltsr.gif

The engine looks nice at least.

Really big coup for Sony to get the marketing on this one. They needed a big third title at the end of the year and this more than fills that gap. Star Wars will be everywhere and Sony having the PS4 attached to this is mega.

Also they'd be mad to not put out a Limited Edition console to go out with it with a unique design.

As for the trailer, looks fun and frantic, but I'll hold out till I see gameplay and more impressions. Not massive on multiplayer or have I really played the originals. But GAF had a great Destiny community that made online really fun, so maybe this will get me to buy depending on how it turns out.

Elandyll

Banned
Does the PS logo at the end means it was "in engine" on PS4 (knowing that "in engine" can also mean calculated by multiple passes on PS4 for cut scenes)?

Or was it (as mostly expected) high end PC rendering? mmh.

Nonetheless it was
a07cc3d666c9e75a579e5c6f9db10e1476a517a80fa2e2b7c731a359cd1045d9.jpg

Even as a non FPS fan, I must say I am probably going to get it if it's anywhere as good as portrayed here :)

I cant believe it will look that good on PC, either. That is basically like another generational leap above what we're seeing right now.

Generational is a touch hyperbolic. The opening level from BF4 when the chopper crashes into the ground at the foot of the building isn't too far from what's on display here.

nictron

I don't need it to look that good.

Be smooth.

Let the servers work.

Get the sounds/music right.

Drive-able AT-AT.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If this is ingame, which I don't believe for a second, it would be an impressive trailer. AS it is, I find it kinda average.

Based on every other game released in existence on console, oh yes it can (and will).

I have no doubt the console versions won't look that good, I was mostly referring to the PC version.

BF4 and BF3 pretty much looked the same in the end as their first footage

Does the PS logo at the end means it was "in engine" on PS4 (knowing that "in engine" can also mean calculated by multiple passes on PS4 for cut scenes)?

Or was it (as mostly expected) high end PC rendering? mmh.

Nonetheless it was
a07cc3d666c9e75a579e5c6f9db10e1476a517a80fa2e2b7c731a359cd1045d9.jpg

Even as a non FPS fan, I must say I am probably going to get it if it's anywhere as good as portrayed here :)

You already know that wasn't PS4 footage ...

Top Bottom