• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Doomed: New Star Wars trailer fails to shatter first day viewership record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
FFS it's a trailer...

giphy.gif

It's obvious the race/gender of the lead actors are taking a toll on trailer views. Shut this shit down now before you further damage the franchise Disney!!

edit: Ugh! title should be "trailer fails"

The third Star Wars TFA trailer came just 1 million short of the all-time record for most first day trailer views with 37 million.

The all time record is 38 million. Which happens to be held be the second teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The second teaser took the all-time record from, of course, the first Star Wars TFA teaser.

Although with over 15 million viewers seeing on TV during Monday Night Football that might cloud things a bit.

https://variety.com/2015/digital/ne...wly-misses-one-day-traffic-record-1201623109/

It premiered on TV. Not online.

I'm hyped as fuck for the movie, but I'm also on a media blackout. So, I didn't see it, and don't plan to.

I imagine a large number of fans are in the same boat.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Also not enough green screen effects in the trailer. Come on Abrams. Sort your shit out.

Not a statistic worth caring about. Not with how it was shown first or what people may have used to watch the trailer (on Apple's site instead of Youtube) and just how small the difference is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I think this is partially because the trailer did a good job of not spoiling the entire movie, so there's not a ton of incentive to watch it over and over. Just my guess.

To be fair, the second teaser was a little better.

However, I think the jillion people who watched it during the actual football game may have put a dent in the number of online screenings.

Considering it also aired during a major ESPN broadcast, something the last teaser didn't do, I'm not sure why this is significant. It undoubtedly reached a much wider audience.

Cheebo

Banned
Not attacks, but mocking. What's the point in highlighting the "doom" part? Whenever doom is brought up in success it's used to lay the proverbial pimp smack on haters.
I was just joking about how the movie is doomed because it didn't best it's own trailer record. I have no idea where you are getting any of these perceived mocks.

Boke1879

Shouldn't have released in at the worst time for the rest of the world. Too early for Asia, too late for Europe.

I thought it was a bit odd they waited so late to show it. It would have been awesome to show it earlier in the day.

But 15 million seeing it during MNF is great as well.

Not

Banned
It's obvious people's excitement is waning.

6.5 million in one-day ticket sales 2 months before it comes out? I bet if they cut off sales and then opened them again, it'd be only 5.5 million in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom