• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Force Awakens Character Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

the-dark-knight-character-posters-the-joker-batman-and-harvey-dent.jpg
Is right eye covered the new orange/blue with sparks in the foreground??

Nicktendo86

No he wasn't. And Nolan said outright he was dead like immediately after TDK came out.

Oscar Isaac is being billed as part of the new big three, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Well Aaron Eckhart said in some interviews before the dark knight was released that he was signed for the third, I think Maggie Gyllenhaakl said similar to not spoil the surprises, but my comment was tongue in cheek anyways :)

You mean the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back?

I can't really figure out how Guardians of the Galaxy is anything like Star Wars though... unless you get super basic like well they're both sci-fi and there's space shit and there's good guys and bad guys... tonally they're so different. I'll give you that GOTG was super fucking awesome and some of the most satisfying sci-fi in a while, but I don't really consider them alike.

Slaythe

The reason Ford looks so ugly is because those morons mashed two pictures together that were not facing the camera the same way ...

This is what his face propotions look like, from this year's comic con.

I can't really figure out how Guardians of the Galaxy is anything like Star Wars though... unless you get super basic like well they're both sci-fi and there's space shit and there's good guys and bad guys... tonally they're so different. I'll give you that GOTG was super fucking awesome and some of the most satisfying sci-fi in a while, but I don't really consider them alike.

GOTG was a bit more humorous in tone... that's it.

Guardians of the Galaxy is basically Marvel's Star Wars. I don't know for certain, but Abnett and Lanning's Peter Quill always felt like he was inspired by Han Solo.

It's one of the reasons I liked the film so much, though it went a bit overboard with the jokes sometimes.

yeah lol

I would say Star Wars is fantasy while Guardians is more sci-fi leaning.

Actually Guardians felt more fantasy than Star Wars did IMO. The Infinity Stones, Knowhere (an outpost built in the severed head of a Celestial), Yondu's magic arrow, etc. I think Guardians hit the same "space fantasy" notes as Star Wars.

The soundtrack is definitely a difference and what gives Guardians its distinctiveness, but I just don't think it cancels all the similarities Guardians has with Star Wars.

munchie64

Actually Guardians felt more fantasy than Star Wars did IMO. The Infinity Stones, Knowhere (an outpost built in the severed head of a Celestial), Yondu's magic arrow, etc. I think Guardians hit the same "space fantasy" notes as Star Wars.

The soundtrack is definitely a difference and what gives Guardians its distinctiveness, but I just don't think it cancels all the similarities Guardians has with Star Wars.
I did forget about the magical objects so you might have turned me around...

Seems like they're keeping him away from promotion to either surprise us with his new look or simply because he's not in the film much and they don't want it to seem like he's a big part.

Damn it now I can't unsee that.

That picture is photoshopped, his mask doesn't look like that.

is-this-the-origin-of-star-wars-7-s-kylo-ren-kylo-ren-403380.jpg

Sami+

Rey seems like a really cool character from what little we've seen of her, I'm excited to see what she does with just the staff. Would be awesome if she gets some kind of specialized saber like what people thought she was holding in the poster before seeing that it was actually Kylo's.

also Daisy Ridley is REALLY pretty like dang

ApharmdX

Banned
Fuck's sake. Just caught the post that sparked this, and joining in with a big "Fuck you" to that guy.

Seems like some shit tier spoiler hinting based on leaks, saying stuff without blatantly saying it whether on purpose or thinking they aren't spoiling things, which consistently happens in EVERY FUCKING STAR WARS THREAD somehow.

Ignore it if you're avoiding spoilers.

Full disclosure- I haven't read the leaked script or whatever that's supposedly online. So it's not spoilers; I have no idea what's in the actual script, just looking at what's been shown to us so far and drawing the obvious conclusions. I hope it isn't true because (reasons) but if I were a betting man...

I'll make sure to spoiler tag future posts if I mention that. But a "fuck you"? That's uncalled for.

NimbusD

Hmm, looking back at Leia's picture, is she surrounded by
a hologram of the 'death star' thing that's in the previous poster (spoilered, idk, just in case? it's in another poster, whatever it is). It would make sense as weapocovering everyone else's eyes.s eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom