• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR WARS: IMPERIAL COMMANDO for XBOX 2 info...

...supposedly.

imperial.jpg

Found on theforce.net forums and was pulled off the servers almost imediately by LEC.

credit to Worship from TXB

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:

perhaps not.

Joshua Griffin
Title:
Head Admin
TFN editor
Date Posted: 6/21 4:53pm Subject: RE: Imperial Commando
Absolutely legit ... we pulled it from the site and will pull it from the forums shortly as well.

Josh

That and Lucas pulling it makes you wonder...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
If I knew the content my product was aiming at I could theoretically include what would be the most logical rating for it. It doesn't say ESRB by the rating so that wouldn't discount it.

Blazing Sword said:
...supposedly.

imperial.jpg

Found on theforce.net forums and was pulled off the servers almost imediately by LEC.

credit to Worship from TXB

Maybe be real, but Lucas I doubt would break a NDA for Xbox (2) this early in the game. :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
not intentionally, it would have been from an internal email or something. Assuming it would be T and all.

IJoel

It would make sense. Xbox debuted with Obi Wan as a launch title. The supposed year for the Xbox 2 release (2005) will coincide with the release of Episode III, which can open doors for this game to be done.

IJoel said:
It would make sense. Xbox debuted with Obi Wan as a launch title. The supposed year for the Xbox 2 release (2005) will coincide with the release of Episode III, which can open doors for this game to be done.
True I suppose...

however even MS themselves have said they want to keep the wraps on their "next" console so retailers have a good year. How thoughtful of them. :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Even the included shot is from Republic Commando.

And I thought Vader killed the Jedi not troopers.

Soul4ger

IJoel said:

Obi Wan wasn't a launch title. It came out like a month later.

Ghost said:
Even the included shot is from Republic Commando.

And I thought Vader killed the Jedi not troopers.

Episode III spoilers, highlight to read.
He does kill the Jedi in the temple on Coruscant apparently, but a common plot twist for EP3 is that the clones are made to turn against the Jedi via an order by Palpatine, maybe with the force? I'm not sure if that's certain yet, but we do know that the clones turn on Yoda and Obi-Wan (including the clone code named Commander Cody who Obi-Wan befriends). So it's probably likely that the clones are sent to hunt some of the JEdi who may have fled Coruscant (Like Yoda and Obi-Wan did).

Personally, I'd think this was a fake. Doesn't jive enough with me in terms of the plot mentioned. I can hardly find a clone a match for a Jedi, not even the ARC Troopers would be capable of taking down key figures. Maybe the are referring to the lesser Jedi, but that doesn't jive with the plot of EP3 as of now either. Read the spoiler for more info.

EDIT: I really think it was just fan speculation, does anyone have the context of which this image was given? I mean really a price and arating this early, with a game we know is probably very early in production? Secondly, Lucas hasn't even revealed the EP3 current gen game, except a tiny 1 second snippit in a trailer. So until we get more information, I'm regarding this as fake.

Deg

Banned
adrockthekid said:
You obviously haven't been exposed to enough press releases... *shudder*

Quite true.

The game uses the fact that clonetroopers become the stormtroopers. Sounds interesting although the first game isnt even finished yet.

ManaByte

Gold Member
DarthWufei said:
EDIT: I really think it was just fan speculation, does anyone have the context of which this image was given? I mean really a price and arating this early, with a game we know is probably very early in production? Secondly, Lucas hasn't even revealed the EP3 current gen game, except a tiny 1 second snippit in a trailer. So until we get more information, I'm regarding this as fake.

It was apparently part of a survey someone was taking.

TFN posted the image, LEC forced it down.

TFN posted a link to the forum post on their site and LEC not only forced them to take down the link, but also delete ANY posts about it on the forum that pops up.

According to TheForce.Net, who have former writers working for both Lucasfilm and Lucasarts - one in a pretty high position (Paul Ens), it's legit.

Joshua Griffin
Title:
Head Admin
TFN editor
Date Posted: 6/21 4:53pm Subject: RE: Imperial Commando
Absolutely legit ... we pulled it from the site and will pull it from the forums shortly as well.

Josh

ManaByte

Gold Member
DarthWufei said:
He does kill the Jedi in the temple on Coruscant apparently, but a common plot twist for EP3 is that the clones are made to turn against the Jedi via an order by Palpatine, maybe with the force? I'm not sure if that's certain yet, but we do know that the clones turn on Yoda and Obi-Wan (including the clone code named Commander Cody who Obi-Wan befriends). So it's probably likely that the clones are sent to hunt some of the JEdi who may have fled Coruscant (Like Yoda and Obi-Wan did).

Personally, I'd think this was a fake. Doesn't jive enough with me in terms of the plot mentioned. I can hardly find a clone a match for a Jedi, not even the ARC Troopers would be capable of taking down key figures. Maybe the are referring to the lesser Jedi, but that doesn't jive with the plot of EP3 as of now either. Read the spoiler for more info.

Well, seeing as how Anakin and a squad of Stormtroopers completely gut the Jedi Temple of everyone I don't see how the "hardly find a clone a match for a Jedi" argument stacks up. Most of the Jedi purge shown in Episode III is shown in a montage where the Clonetroopers, on Palpatine's orders, turn on and kill the Jedi leading them.

ManaByte said:
Well, seeing as how Anakin and a squad of Stormtroopers completely gut the Jedi Temple of everyone I don't see how the "hardly find a clone a match for a Jedi" argument stacks up. Most of the Jedi purge shown in Episode III is shown in a montage where the Clonetroopers, on Palpatine's orders, turn on and kill the Jedi leading them.

Like I said, this was probably referring to the lesser Jedi. I don't see how this can be true with the more widely known and powerful Jedi. Such as the members of the councils, that's kind of what I was referring too. I was alaso talking more about one on one action. As far as outnumbering them, I can see this as possible. Plus we musn't forget it was Anakin who was with them at the council, a single Jedi is a mighty ally. He himself was already more powerful than majority of the council and and far stronger than any of the students. So I don't really see the clones as the ones we'll see killing the Jedi in the temple. I see Anakin as doing most of the work.

Secondly a lot of the Jedi are purged during the Clone Wars and Grevious kills a few and even one in EP3. The generals killed by clones are only killed because they're vastly outnumber the Jedi. 1 vs hundreds? Or even a few? I don't think a simple squad of troopers is a match for a Jedi general which would probably be the bosses for the game if it were real.

Top Bottom