• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

kaiju

Mike Quinn confirms he is returning as Nien Nunb: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1020510661313136&set=a.571014076262799.1073741825.100000626366594&type=3&theater

Nien.jpg

I look through that trailer thread and feel bad for people who are hoping to see Luke throughout this movie and won't read spoilers to find out that he's only at the very end. I feel like they'll spend the entire movie anticipating Luke's arrival. I just can't imagine that kind of movie experience.

I feel likes its going to be the cause of a huge shitstorm when it hits. People finding it churlish that they went to the effort of bringing the original 3 back only to not have them on screen together. Very curious to see how the reactions go down.

I feel likes its going to be the cause of a huge shitstorm when it hits. People finding it churlish that they went to the effort of bringing the original 3 back only to not have them on screen together. Very curious to see how the reactions go down.

I've wondered if that won't ruin the movie for a lot of people, which is too bad, because it's not really a negative if the story is good.

inm8num2

I hope more people see this quote from Abrams about Luke's absence in marketing.

In addition, the subject of the mostly-missing Luke Skywalker from the marketing materials was brought up, which the master of the mystery box says was deliberate.

“These are good questions to be asking, I can’t wait for you to find out the reason… It’s no accident.”

Just got done re-watching Looper after not seeing it since I saw it in the theater. Can't wait to see what Rian Johnson can do with Star Wars. Is Benecio Del Toro really in Episode 8 or is that just a rumor?

Just got done re-watching Looper after not seeing it since I saw it in the theater. Can't wait to see what Rian Johnson can do with Star Wars. Is Benecio Del Toro really in Episode 8 or is that just a rumor?

I believe he has been confirmed, but we don't know what role he was cast in yet.

I believe he has been confirmed, but we don't know what role he was cast in yet.

Everyone seems to be predicting a bad guy, but i'd like to see them go against the grain and make him a good guy. We already have enough bad guys between Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, and hopefully more and more Snoke as the movies progress.

Cheebo

Banned
Everyone seems to be predicting a bad guy, but i'd like to see them go against the grain and make him a good guy. We already have enough bad guys between Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, and hopefully more and more Snoke as the movies progress.

Didn't he himself imply he was a villain? We always get new villains every film too.

ESB: Boba Fett & Palpatine
ROTJ: Jabba

AOTC: Dooku
ROTS: Grievous

Didn't he himself imply he was a villain? We always get new villains every film too.

ESB: Boba Fett & Palpatine
ROTJ: Jabba

AOTC: Dooku
ROTS: Grievous

I just don't want the Sequel Trilogy to suffer from having a different villian each movie like the prequel trilogy did.

There's not that much room for new villains, honestly. We've got four for this movie alone. Only one of them actually dies. Now whether Del Toro ends up filling that slot for VII, or he's some sort of shadowy anti-hero character, who knows, but I don't think we're gonna end up with a rotating cast of "main" villains. They seem to have planned the three-movie arc out a little better than the Prequels (or even the Originals) were planned out.

Cheebo

Banned
I just don't want the Sequel Trilogy to suffer from having a different villian each movie like the prequel trilogy did.

But the same thing was the case with the original trilogy. Every single Star Wars film has a new baddie. Del Toro doesn't need to be a First Order type. Could be a crime lord sort of unaffiliated type ala Jabba.

inm8num2

I'm curious to see how the Kylo/Snoke relationship plays out. If Kylo fails to succeed his mission from Snoke in TFA, how will Snoke react? Will he do the whole "I gotta replace this chump" thing? It would be kind of neat to see Kylo kill Snoke and try to become the Supreme Leader of the First Order.

Anyway, I have no idea about Snoke other than he was rumored to look like a lizard.

There's not that much room for new villains, honestly. We've got four for this movie alone. Only one of them actually dies. Now whether Del Toro ends up filling that slot for VII, or he's some sort of shadowy anti-hero character, who knows, but I don't think we're gonna end up with a rotating cast of "main" villains. They seem to have planned the three-movie arc out a little better than the Prequels (or even the Originals) were planned out.

What about the other six Knights of Ren?

FeD.nL

I wonder if it's just a random choice having Kylo be surrounded by female officers on the bridge in the trailer and having his top lieutenant be a female or that there are story beats attached to that decision.

Metalmarc

Had a dumb idea

What if Luke is Snoke? Like Andy Serkis is being Motion Captured, for maybe a hologram Vision and his voice, but hiding behind the Vision of Snoke is actually Luke?

Like halfway through the Movie Snoke/Luke appears to Kylo, and tells him Stories of Vader to lure Kylo to him.

Kind of like the Wizard of Oz?

That's as far as I got.

Cheebo

Banned
Had a dumb idea

What if Luke is Snoke? Like Andy Serkis is being Motion Captured, for maybe a hologram Vision and his voice, but hiding behind the Vision of Snoke is actually Luke?

Like halfway through the Movie Snoke/Luke appears to Kylo, and tells him Stories of Vader to lure Kylo to him.

Kind of like the Wizard of Oz?

That's as far as I got.

Yeah...no

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just finished reading "Star Wars: Lost Stars", A really fun read that changes some of my perspective on all the movies in regard to how I see the empire and rebelion. It also sets up Force Awakens in a few ways, most notably the crashing of the Star Destroyer Inflictor into Jakku. I really like how they tried to give the perspective of an imperial officer who saw the empire as a peace keeper, and the rationalization of the destruction of Alderaan as a way to prevent a much more bloody war.

Its a nice read on what happens immediately after ROTJ also, talks about the empire splintering, the new republic forming and how the war didnt end.

Cheebo

Banned
The origin of Luke is evil speculation is purely out of trying to find a way for him to have a major role in the movie when he doesn't have one.

kaiju

Mark Hamill sent out an interesting tweet recently:

Screen-Shot-2015-10-26-at-7.57.50-PM.png

Luke in Episode VIII confirmed!

Also, Luke with a beard screams Obi-Wan 2.0 to me.

ZGtd3Il.jpg

sphagnum

Banned
Mark Hamill sent out an interesting tweet recently:

Screen-Shot-2015-10-26-at-7.57.50-PM.png

Luke in Episode VIII confirmed!

Also, Luke with a beard screams Obi-Wan 2.0 to me.

ZGtd3Il.jpg

Must have worn a fake beard for those shots they already did for Episode VIII then. Interesting. Either that or he HAD a beard again during the Episode VIII shots and then the pictures of him clean shaven at the bar were after he was done.

kaiju

Must have worn a fake beard for those shots they already did for Episode VIII then. Interesting. Either that or he HAD a beard again during the Episode VIII shots and then the pictures of him clean shaven at the bar were after he was done.

I'm hearing principal photography for most of the cast begins in January. He had a beard during his Episode VII shots, then shaved it for his Flash stuff. Now he's finished with Flash for now and re-growing for Episode VIII.

Cheebo

Banned

He grew his beard back out for that 1 week then shaved it again right after because he hates the beard.

Those posts about the mystery of the
force trees
from the Shattered Empire comic in the main thread make me wonder if we're gonna see some Lothlorien-style shit when we get to Luke's hideout at the end of TFA. Would totally fit in with the "mystic hermit" aspect they appear to be going for with him.

Those posts about the mystery of the
force trees
from the Shattered Empire comic in the main thread make me wonder if we're gonna see some Lothlorien-style shit when we get to Luke's hideout at the end of TFA. Would totally fit in with the "mystic hermit" aspect they appear to be going for with him.

Pls no

I honestly dont think JJ and kasdan give a shit whats in the comics.

I'm seeing it more as a "Story Group hears about plot/visual element in film, tells comic writer to lay groundwork in noted prequel to said film" kind of scenario. Wouldn't be too crazy seeing as the comic itself is literally about Poe Dameron's parents.

I find it so funny that people think Luke is the bad guy or turned to the dark side. Luke was able to with stand turning to the dark side by his own father. He came close, but he was able to control himself when it counted. So why would he turn after that? He threw his fucking light saber down and basically said "come at me bro" to the emperor.

Top Bottom