• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Land unveiling - coming 2019 to WDW and Disneyland

Rookhelm

I'm glad I only waited in line for 20 minutes for current Star Tours. My stomach said "never again"

The number 1 thing I want from this park is the ability to walk around inside a lifesize Millenium Falcon. I wanna go up the ramp, I wanna sit in the cockpit, I want to get my picture at the chessboard.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm glad I only waited in line for 20 minutes for current Star Tours. My stomach said "never again"

The number 1 thing I want from this park is the ability to walk around inside a lifesize Millenium Falcon. I wanna go up the ramp, I wanna sit in the cockpit, I want to get my picture at the chessboard.

I don't know about that (maybe you'll meet Chewie in there)

but you're gonna get to fly the Falcon

I'd be incredibly surprised if it hits the 2019 target. Though it really needs to, unless they plan to start a fourth trilogy, 2019 is when the Sequels end.

But I hope so, January 2022 is the first time my wife and I will be taking our kids to Disney World. They'll be 4 years old and it'll have been 7 years since we last went.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So Star Tours 2.0. Fucking fantastic. I guess it'll be a one and done for me- Star Tours makes me feel sick. :(

I don't think so, I think if that's the ride vehicle, that's the "boat / dark ride" and it'll be a lot more practical thank you think vs a sim

muteki

Little bummed the land looks pretty Earth-like compared to the more out there Star Wars locales, but still pretty excited. Hopefully the interiors look good, Star Tours is pretty snazzy inside.

Dilapidated desert town is a little played out.

Can't wait to see what they do with the secret content. They say depending on how deep you go there will be secret storylines where cast members will take you on adventures. That's going to be the best part.

Can't wait to see what they do with the secret content. They say depending on how deep you go there will be secret storylines where cast members will take you on adventures. That's going to be the best part.

Hopefully that kind of stuff will be for everyone and not just the younger crowd...I want an adult jedi training academy dammit! :(

I'd be incredibly surprised if it hits the 2019 target. Though it really needs to, unless they plan to start a fourth trilogy, 2019 is when the Sequels end.

But I hope so, January 2022 is the first time my wife and I will be taking our kids to Disney World. They'll be 4 years old and it'll have been 7 years since we last went.

The Theme parks don't need movie tie ins to stay popular. But I'm sure sooner or later a spin-off will take place on this new planet.

Guy.brush

First order ride?

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/885691715968880641

DEqb6lQV0AAoRa6.jpg

Wait. Why would you need an ASTRO mech droid for an interior transport tractor?
Thought those droids are essentially outhoused nav computers so ships can calculate and make the jump to hyperspace? Man, wish stuff would make more sense and not always just be based on visual familiarity.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Some of this is Toy Story Land and backstage stuff:

They demolished the stunt show, backlot tour stuff, and streets of america.

Oh thank god, that vehicle stunt show was soooooo bad. Well past its prime and cringe worthy.

border

So Hollywood Studios is basically going to become Star Wars World. They already have like a half-dozen Star Wars shows and attractions.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So Hollywood Studios is basically going to become Star Wars World. They already have like a half-dozen Star Wars shows and attractions.

but it does thematically fit there!

how they operationally pull this off with a land that will be completely mobbed is what I'm most interested in seeing.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I was honestly hoping Tomorrowland would get rebuild, feels like that and Epcot are never going to get updated :(

oh WDI is saving most of the bullets for the Saturday presentation, I think... if the rumor mill is correct, you should end up happy. Though seems like Tomorrowland is gonna get the love ahead of the World of Tomorrow.

Wait. Why would you need an ASTRO mech droid for an interior transport tractor?
Thought those droids are essentially outhoused nav computers so ships can calculate and make the jump to hyperspace? Man, wish stuff would make more sense and not always just be based on visual familiarity.
Make more sense? I'm into all the lore and canon too brah. However the people they are attracting to this attraction don't care about that, they just want teh droidz. And I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom