• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Bought a few Black Series figures over the past month or so.
TcHpSai.jpg
Also got the Hasbro U-Wing. The Cassian figure above is the one included with it, which is normally in the cockpit of the U-Wing and not hanging out with the tall folks.

Shit, maybe not. Sorry. I looked at pics of what I thought was the same person's "after" photo and it looked much more beaten up.
I've bought other stuff from them that had a decent amount of weathering out of the box that I painted over so I thought that was believable.
Didn't know they were from a video either.

That's alright my man! We got to the bottom of it.

Bought a few Black Series figures over the past month or so.

Also got the Hasbro U-Wing. The Cassian figure above is the one included with it, which is normally in the cockpit of the U-Wing and not hanging out with the tall folks.

That's neat. I wonder if that would be more in scale with my existing ships (~1/50). Let's see. It's 25 meters (984 inches) long in the movie. This toy is 21 inches long. That puts it...right around 1/47 scale. Pretty close! I might consider that one. I'm a little more excited about the TIE Striker, though.

Now the TIE Striker is 17.2 meters (677 inches) long and the equivalent Hasbro toy is 17 inches long. That puts it at...1/40 scale. Getting a little large but I could deal. The details where the wings connect to the middle don't seem to be all that accurate though, and I dont need that nerf shit on the bottom. I'm badly in need of a good model of the Striker to place among my other models but the only one I've found so far that I really like is Bandai at 1/72. :/

It's such a beauty, though:
tvz63nxl.jpg

My awesome girlfriend did get me the LEGO Tie Striker for Christmas, though! I just finished putting it together today and it's awesome. I don't care about scale with this guy because I don't place it with the model kits. It's just cool.
rYqjTjj.png

Yarbskoo

Edit: I found the video that screenshot is from. That is after the owner applied custom weathering.
https://youtu.be/lmgm-r9Si74?t=829

I've been duped!

Actually I'm pretty sure I've seen that video already, so I shoulda known. Model kit still looks pretty good actually, but if you want nice paint out of the box, the X-Wing Miniatures version is the way to go.

Now the TIE Striker is 17.2 meters (677 inches) long and the equivalent Hasbro toy is 17 inches long. That puts it at...1/40 scale. Getting a little large but I could deal. The details where the wings connect to the middle don't seem to be all that accurate though. I'm badly in need of a good model of the Striker but the only one I've found so far that I really like is at 1/72. :/

If only there was a nice Action Fleet sized one.

I'm sure Hasbro would fuck it up anyway.

If only there was a nice Action Fleet sized one.

I'm sure Hasbro would fuck it up anyway.

I found another TIE Striker I didn't know about supposedly available at Big Lots/Family Dollar/Dollar General for $15. Talk seems to indicate it went out of stock two months ago already. Wut?
I cant find an actual measurement but by my estimation from pictures it is just under 8 inches long putting it around 1/85 scale.

I think it's strange that it is so difficult to find. It doesn't seem all that widely available and I don't find much discussion about it. It looks nicely detailed for the price and size.

cdhhI7Ul.jpg

Unfortunately, my search for a 1/50 Striker continues.

3N16MA

Banned
Anyone collect the Hot Wheels Star Wars ships? Dollarama here in Canada has a bunch of them and I have been picking them of for my nephews.

Comparable to the Hasbro Black Series Titanium series.

Yarbskoo

Taking inventory for the new year:

Action Fleet
mKKB3cv.png

Miscellaneous vehicles
f1dkK45.png

Bandai model kits
CJwlL9R.png

I should have some more Micro Machines on the way soon, so that'll be fun too.

After that Rebels trailer I really wish someone out there was doing casts and custom parts for the Black Series like they do with all the 3.75" lines.
My Black Series Sabine needs a custom cast darksaber and mandolorian jetpack asap.

Heads up. GameStop has all the Force FX Lightsabers for $50 off so $99. Picked up the Anakin/Luke/Han/Finn/Rey/Luke? one to add to my Vader and Kylo.

Are there any decent Sabine figures? See the Black series one and they seem to have screwed up the hair, looks like she wearing an oversized kippah.

Lol I saw the black series was 6 inch and figured they'd be like £15, but apparently they double that. Bit too pricey for the size for me.

I'll just keep my £5 Disney Infinity figure for now.

Thanks though.

Yarbskoo

Eh for trying to translate the Rebel style to a realistic styled figure it works.
stupid hair color and weird choice of orange in the eyes throw the sculpt a bit.

I don't really have a problem with the sculpt, mostly just the paint on the eyes. That seems to be a weak point on most of the Black Series figures, which is why I avoid them.

Lol I saw the black series was 6 inch and figured they'd be like £15, but apparently they double that. Bit too pricey for the size for me.

Thanks though.

Infinity figure is great, I honestly forgot to mention that one.

Its sad that I own all of them and I didn't even like her much as a character until recently.

Thanks though.
Their retail price is 22 quid in the UK, though you can usually get them cheaper. The Rebels figures seem to be pretty difficult to get hold off at the moment though.

Their retail price is 22 quid in the UK, though you can usually get them cheaper. The Rebels figures seem to be pretty difficult to get hold off at the moment though.

Know anywhere selling for that price? I honestly cannot find Sabine listed anywhere, Toys R us has a bunch of the black series at that price but no Sabine.

Is she officially released in the UK? Forbidden Planet and amazon only places I can even find her (OOS and priced high accordingly).

Also is there a 20 inch Sabine planned anyone know? I know they not greatly detailed but they a good size for the price and the detail loss isn't as noticed when put on display and looked at from typical viewing distance.

Know anywhere selling for that price? I honestly cannot find Sabine listed anywhere, Toys R us has a bunch of the black series at that price but no Sabine.

Is she officially released in the UK? Forbidden Planet and amazon only places I can even find her (OOS and priced high accordingly).

Also is there a 20 inch Sabine planned anyone know? I know they not greatly detailed but they a good size for the price and the detail loss isn't as noticed when put on display and looked at from typical viewing distance.

She doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere as far as I can see. I'd keep an eye on Star Action Figures listing. I've used them before and their service was good. They'll send you an e-mail when she's back in stock.

People that did manage to nab one seem to be flogging them on Ebay for inflated prices.

Probably not, best chance is for one of those 3.75" figures to get the 6" discount store upsize.

Yarbskoo

Alright, time to wrap up my Phantom Menace collection with some Micro Machines.
e8CmjlH.png

I like the silver painted parts on Ki-Adi-Mundi. In fact, I think the 90s Micro Machines have better color choices overall than the new ones.
xKulDQ9.png

As far as I know, Micro Machines produced the only official physical representation of the Coruscant Taxi. This set doesn't include the Micro Machines stands, but I've still got some sitting around.
0yeC24k.png

I'm not sure what Darth Sidious is doing, but the sculpt looks pretty good.
c7T2MgS.png

The Sith Infiltrator has some nice detail, but it doesn't really hold up compared to the slightly larger Action Fleet Alpha Series model.
CmPjQrZ.png
LYQgHoy.png

Up next is Attack of the Clones. There's not many Action Fleet releases for Episode II, so I'll have to do some searching to find some nice vehicles.

Rydeen

Anybody know where to get actual sets or dioramas for 6" / 1/12th scale figures? I see a lot of images to print out and use, but I've also seen Death Star corridor sets for the 6" line that look professional. Really just want a Death Star corridor or Star Destroyer bridge because I mostly collect Imperial characters.

Stuff like this:

Medicom-MAFEX-Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-Boba-Fett-10.jpg

Anybody know where to get actual sets or dioramas for 6" / 1/12th scale figures? I see a lot of images to print out and use, but I've also seen Death Star corridor sets for the 6" line that look professional. Really just want a Death Star corridor or Star Destroyer bridge because I mostly collect Imperial characters.

Stuff like this:

Medicom-MAFEX-Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-Boba-Fett-10.jpg

This company makes allot of different Death Star interior sets. They're not cheap though.
http://galactictradingpost.com/index.html

3N16MA

Banned
Heads up. GameStop has all the Force FX Lightsabers for $50 off so $99. Picked up the Anakin/Luke/Han/Finn/Rey/Luke? one to add to my Vader and Kylo.

Just picked up the same three. Not from GameStop but they were all on sale here in Canada recently.

My nephew has taken a liking to the Kylo saber. It will go up in his room.

Now I need it to drop in price again and pick up another.

3N16MA

Banned
I will say that the Kylo's saber has a large hilt. Seems too big and that blade doesn't completely capture the look from the film.

Wouldn't pay the $270 asking price but for under $100 it's a good deal.

Yarbskoo

Did the blade mod on the Kylo Ren saber today. Pretty easy and definitely improves the look.

That does look really nice. Almost as good as Luke's.

If I was to start buying Micro Machines back, is there a decent amount of ships(model, Action Fleet) out there that properly scale to the humans?

Scale is something that the Hasbro/Galoob stuff just isn't very concerned with. You can fudge it a bit to get some scenes that look close, but even then you're pretty much limited to fighters and ground vehicles. I mean, an AT-AT is supposed to fit at least 4 people in its "head", so you'd need a pretty big model for that to be in scale with Micro Machines figures. Action Fleet doesn't even come close.

3N16MA

Banned
Did the blade mod on the Kylo Ren saber today. Pretty easy and definitely improves the look.

That looks great.

I wish Hasbro would put a little more effort into some of their sabers. Vader and Anakin/Luke/Rey sabers are very well done. Kylo's saber should have had a different blade to be somewhat more screen accurate considering the $200+ price point. It does have enough positives to make it a good buy at a discounted price. Could be bought for $83 CAD for the last month.

Luke's ROTJ saber needs some work. Skinny neck and proper sound.

If I was to start buying Micro Machines back, is there a decent amount of ships(model, Action Fleet) out there that properly scale to the humans?

I'm not sure how big (or small) the Micro Machines figures are. However you can check out the Hot Wheels Star Wars line and see if the figures scale better with that as they're bigger.

Thanks guys,
I really want to get a large fleet or diorama going but I have to have humans for me to care really.
Too much bigger than Micro Machines humans and there aren't many ships,
Smaller and humans are too hard to come by.

Kinda sucks that no one makes decent 1/100 or 15mm figures that work for Star Wars besides Stormtroopers.
You can do so much with so little at that size.

Yarbskoo

Thanks guys,
I really want to get a large fleet or diorama going but I have to have humans for me to care really.
Too much bigger than Micro Machines humans and there aren't many ships,
Smaller and humans are too hard to come by.

Kinda sucks that no one makes decent 1/100 or 15mm figures that work for Star Wars besides Stormtroopers.

You can do so much with so little at that size.

This is a good resource if you need more info on relative scale for the different Star Wars lines.

Well I went ahead and ordered it,
lord help me, at least it was only around $25.
Going to take a lot of work but at least the size and shape are about right.

My hangar should be a decent size for it once the 2 additional connector bases I ordered arrive.
If I had enough space I'd try to make a legitimate Yavin base but sadly my desk just isn't that large.

Yarbskoo

My ForceFX lightsaber arrived.
AyrXWli.png

I like how it looks on camera. My superior human eyes adjust to the brightness and ruin the white core effect. Either way, the Disney Store one looks like cheap plastic crap in comparison.

Well I went ahead and ordered it,

lord help me, at least it was only around $25.
Going to take a lot of work but at least the size and shape are about right.

My hangar should be a decent size for it once the 2 additional connector bases I ordered arrive.
If I had enough space I'd try to make a legitimate Yavin base but sadly my desk just isn't that large.

I look forward to seeing your progress. What are these bases you mentioned?

Calcium

Banned
My ForceFX lightsaber arrived.

Man, sometimes I forget how good the ForceFX sabers look. I have the Luke (ANH/ESB) and Vader sabers, but I rarely attach the blades. The last time I did some of the lights in the Vader blade appeared to be out. A real bummer.

Yarbskoo

Man, sometimes I forget how good the ForceFX sabers look. I have the Luke (ANH/ESB) and Vader sabers, but I rarely attach the blades. The last time I did some of the lights in the Vader blade appeared to be out. A real bummer.

Damn, that sucks.

I wish I could remove the blade on mine. Not sure why Hasbro decided against it for the Black Series sabers.

Calcium

Banned
Damn, that sucks.

I wish I could remove the blade on mine. Not sure why Hasbro decided against it for the Black Series sabers.

Wow, seriously? Glad I bought mine before they made that change. The whole reason I bought them was to display the hilts.

Top Bottom