• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay Revealed | Ubisoft Foward 2023

I'm more interested in this than Starfield tbh. Like TotK, this looks like a gigantic game that you can still play for just an hour and knock out a mission or collectible. Starfield looks incredible but I know I won't ever have the free time to fully dive into it, plus I probably won't even be done with TotK until next year anyway.

Joey.

This looked amazing.
This looks like a protagonist done right. It doesn’t always have to be a male but many times there seems like there’s a certain agenda towards a protagonist design and I think that’s what irks people.

Graphics looks amazing. Jedi is great and all. But I’m very interested in the scoundrel/smuggler type characters.

This looked amazing.
This looks like a protagonist done right. It doesn’t always have to be a male but many times there seems like there’s a certain agenda towards a protagonist design and I think that’s what irks people.

Graphics looks amazing. Jedi is great and all. But I’m very interested in the scoundrel/smuggler type characters.
yeah I have no issue with a female protagonist, and she doesn't have to be a bikini waifu, but if the devs intentionally make her an unattractive goblin then I won't play their game. I'm glad they made this lady pleasant to look at instead of continuing the current trend of female leads needing to look like Gollum

Paperboy

I started playing Ubisoft games in the early 2000s, i've played AC from the start, Far Cry and Ghost Recon.

The Ubisoft formula for their open world games got very boring by 2009/10, AC Origins is one of the most over bloated AC games ever, Far Cry 5 is a rinse repeated of the previous iterations & again bloated and boring, Wildlands again the same boring Ubisoft formula.

Watch Dogs 1 was mildly interesting at the time but then turned out to be one of gaming's biggest hoaxes when the final product was delivered. Watch Dogs 2 went down some weird style routes but again the classic bloated open world Ubisoft formula was present.

I guess gamers who didnt play early Ubisoft games arent so tired by their outdated forumula, however the fact that Ubisoft have stated that they are bringing AC back to its roots with Mirage is pretty evident that Ubisoft are well aware of how boring their games got over the last 10 years.
The bloated maps in Ubisoft games didn't peak until 2014 with AC: Unity. If you got bored with the formula in 2009-2010 already then maybe their style of games never really appealed to you. You've got some freedom to choose which side quests to indulge in - you don't have to do them all.

oji-san

Banned
Wait is the entire game actually fucking letterboxed?

I already was iffy about it with you being something as boring as a spunky lady smuggler but that puts me over the edge to passing on this.

Wake me up when Jedi 3, Battlefront 3, or a new Bounty Hunter comes out.
Where was it mentioned it has latter box? if so that like the most disappointing thing i've heard lately.
Fuck they did it with original Dragon's Dogma, Beyond Two Souls and The Evil Within and i hated it so so much. Please for the love of god don't start with this again please.

I’m cautiously optimistic. But because of it being Ubisoft I will definitely be waiting for reviews. There’s a strong chance the underlying gameplay is good but that it’s padded and filled out with cookie cutter, copy/paste level design.

If people are expecting quality and level design at the level of Fallen Order/ Survivor I just feel like that’s prolly not on the table. But then again I’d love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
If people are expecting quality and level design at the level of Fallen Order/ Survivor I just feel like that’s prolly not on the table.
Good, because those two games suck.

Hopefully Ubisoft Massive is able to deliver something on the quality that both 1313 and Ragtag were aiming for, before their respective cancelations due to stupid internal politics of their publishers.

Raven117

I’m cautiously optimistic. But because of it being Ubisoft I will definitely be waiting for reviews. There’s a strong chance the underlying gameplay is good but that it’s padded and filled out with cookie cutter, copy/paste level design.

If people are expecting quality and level design at the level of Fallen Order/ Survivor I just feel like that’s prolly not on the table. But then again I’d love to be proven wrong.
Sure there will be some of that. Just expect that now. Question is if there is enough quality content.

Top Bottom