• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 |OT| Dark Forces Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned

Having established a secret base on Atollon, the Ghost crew, now led by a more powerful Ezra, strengthens the rebel fleet by acquiring new resources and recruits eager to stand against the Empire. However, the Imperial efforts to eliminate the rebellion are now being led by the coldly analytical Grand Admiral Thrawn, whose strategic, tactical and cultural insights make him a threat unlike any they have faced before. In season three, Ezra and Sabine take on new roles and challenges as the rebels prepare for their biggest mission yet—a direct assault on the Empire.

bxSZrci.png

KKKeeEC.png
SwocdvM.png
GjAeYy6.png
AqFhDhw.png

EZRA BRIDGER
-An aspiring Jedi and Padawan learner to Kanan. Ezra has grown strong in the Force but others still seek to take advantage of his power for their own ends.

KANAN JARRUS
- A former Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66. Kanan now passes his knowledge to Ezra.

HERA SYNDULLA
- Daughter of a famed freedom fighter, Hera is an ace pilot in her own right and captains the Ghost, a modified VCX-100 light freighter

GARAZEB ORRELIOS
- A former member of the Lasan High Honor Guard, Zeb now serves as the main muscle aboard the Ghost

SABINE WREN
- Half weapons expert, half graffiti artist, all around Mandalorian

CHOPPER
- Second hand astromech with a bad attitude

REX
- A former captain in the Grand Army of the Republic, Rex served alongside his clone brothers and the Jedi against the Separatists in the Clone Wars

4nMwYE2.png

PtAzgh4.png
pSZzpkV.png
FfeqlEU.png
djRx1vB.png
NxETIBv.png
4VKEcfc.png
rFuDFn7.png

THRAWN
- A Grand Admiral in the Imperial Navy. As a Chiss, Thrawn is one the highest ranking non-humans in the overwhelmingly human led Imperial military.

WILHUFF TARKIN
- Imperial Grand Moff and Governor of the Outer Rim. A man who believes that overwhelming force solves everything.

KALLUS
- An agent in the Imperial Security Bureau. Kallus has hounded the Lothal rebels for months but has yet to catch his quarry.

ARIHNDA PRYCE
- Governor of Lothal. Pryce has recently returned to Lothal to deal with continuing rebel threat.

BROM TITUS
- An Imperial Admiral who commanded a prototype ship capable of pulling other ships out of hyperspace. His ship was destroyed by the Lothal rebels. Titus was recently demoted for this.

KASSIUS KONSTANTINE
- An Imperial Admiral who has worked closely with Agent Kallus to root out the rebels from Lothal.

TK-12345
- Your typical Imperial Stormtrooper. Good for show, not good for shooting. Lover of Smooth Jazz.

RNLKinL.png

AMNSqbh.png
UpRU5E6.png
nhFAUgI.png

THE BENDU
- A mysterious Force user who claims to reside between the Light Side and the Dark Side

MAUL
- A former Sith apprentice to Darth Sidious, Maul seeks to destroy the empire his former master has built.

HONDO OHNAKA
- A Weequay pirate and sometime ally to the rebels. Hondo has fallen on hard times and is desperate to acquire the wealth and influence he once possessed.

kSOMw1P.png

1. "Steps Into Shadow" - September 24
  2. "The Holocrons of Fate" - October 1
  3. "The Antilles Extraction" - October 8
  4. "Hera's Heroes" - October 15
  5. "The Last Battle" - October 22
The rest are TBA

tT7cU2N.png

Star Wars Rebels Season Three Trailer
Meet Bendu - Steps Into Shadow Preview
Face to Face with Thrawn
Season 2 Recap

Tapejara

Very excited! With Maul back and that Sith Holocron floating around I hope we get a look at some ancient Jedi/Sith history.

Can't wait for more Maul and Hondo. Never read the Thrawn books, so it'll be interesting to see the reactions from others who know him better.

Still holding on to hope that this show will find its footing. It's impossible not to be interested when Thrawn and Tom Baker are involved. An older Ezra doesn't hurt, either.

Beyond a few choice episodes this show hasn't clicked with me yet but I'm still in for Thrawn.

After the way season two ended, I have high expectations!

I would like to see a slow return to the multi episode arcs that were used in Clone Wars. With two seasons behind them, they now have enough assets to work with to be able to facilitate this.

sphagnum

Banned
For some reason I always thought the Extended Universe stuff was never in canon. Fair enough then.

The EU was never canon to George and that was what counted, but the EU itself had its own canon with tiers that allowed certain stories to overwrite others.

So strictly speaking, Thrawn was never in G-canon (full canon, named for George) but was part of C-canon (third level, below G and T, or movies and TV respectively).

Erevador

No Vader and Ahsoka in cast list? Nice to see updates on the character models.
Filoni has suggested we won't be seeing much (if any) of Vader this season as he doesn't want to diminish the character's impact by getting him in minor skirmishes with the Ghost team. As we get closer and closer to the timeline of Rogue One and A New Hope, Vader will have other important things to be doing in the universe.

Expect to see much less Vader, and instead get to know Thrawn.

Who knows about Ahsoka, looking forward to finding out what happens next there...

televator

Ezra looks a little bland in design. Hopefully his development makes him more interesting as a character. He's the main character for 2 seasons so far and I still can't really get behind him. lol

This is interesting: Dave Filoni has stepped down as supervising director for Rebels. New animated series incoming? Maybe they gave Filoni a live action movie. http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/09/report-justin-ridge-replaces-dave.html?m=1

While I doubt Filoni has been promoted to such - if only because it would only resonate with core Star Wars fans and not general audiences, compared to 'guy who directed Lost' or 'guy who directed Jurassic World' - I do hope that its because he's been given a new big project to work on. Maybe one of the video games, because man, imagine Filoni helming something with the production of The Force Unleashed.

The EU was never canon to George and that was what counted, but the EU itself had its own canon with tiers that allowed certain stories to overwrite others.

So strictly speaking, Thrawn was never in G-canon (full canon, named for George) but was part of C-canon (third level, below G and T, or movies and TV respectively).

Yeah that's what I thought. Cool. Welcome to the 'real' canon Thrawn. lol

jph139

The initial announcement got me go finally read the Thrawn Trilogy - just finishing up Dark Force Rises. If they manage to capture his character as well as they did Vader last season... damn, we're in for something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom