• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 |OT| Dark Forces Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to hazard an educated guess and say she shows up next season when the Mandalorian stuff kicks into high gear.

Do you think the removal of Maul will hobble her character arc, since she had a build in vendetta stemming from Clone Wars for the writers to explore? I can't help but think that had Clone Wars not been cancelled that they would have had a Kenobi/Katan team up against a Maul, who I'm sure would have played a role, despite his altercation with Sideous.

Tapejara

Do you think the removal of Maul will hobble her character arc, since she had a build in vendetta stemming from Clone Wars for the writers to explore? I can't help but think that had Clone Wars not been cancelled that they would have had a Kenobi/Katan team up against a Maul, who I'm sure would have played a role, despite his altercation with Sideous.

The original ending for The Clone Wars was actually supposed to have Ahsoka and Rex face off against Maul on Mandalore. Anakin and Obi-wan were supposed to join Ahsoka in taking back Mandalore, but they get pulled away at the last minute to rescue Palpatine from Grievous (leading into the start of Revenge of the Sith). While we never saw this on screen, the whole event is considered canon and is mentioned in the Ahsoka novel. It's also why Maul refers to her as "Lady Tano" during the Season 2 finale of Rebels.

Sayers

The original ending for The Clone Wars was actually supposed to have Ahsoka and Rex face off against Maul on Mandalore. Anakin and Obi-wan were supposed to join Ahsoka in taking back Mandalore, but they get pulled away at the last minute to rescue Palpatine from Grievous (leading into the start of Revenge of the Sith). While we never saw this on screen, the whole event is considered canon and is mentioned in the Ahsoka novel. It's also why Maul refers to her as "Lady Tano" during the Season 2 finale of Rebels.

Ahsoka was also going to appoint Bo-Katan as leader of Mandalore
ahsoka-untold-tales-siege-of-mandalore-08.jpg

Tapejara

Ahsoka was also going to appoint Bo-Katan as leader of Mandalore

Ah, cool, so she was definitely involved in Siege of Mandalore. I did a quick skim of her page on Wookiepedia and she was still around when the Empire took over, which happened shortly after the Republic helped them free Mandalore from Maul.

Have they established who the primary Mandolarian loyalists to the Empire? Gar Saxon isn't exactly a captivating character to base the story around, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom