• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to wait until January but my start date for training (3 months) was bumped up so I'm seeing it opening night with my son and then hitting a plane.

I'm one of you people now. 😩

Nibel

Guys, it seems like some people saw the movie already?

XPn03FX.png

Guys, it seems like some people saw the movie already?

XPn03FX.png

Glad to see positive opinions but dont forget its still just a movie. Even if it totally delivers, its going to disappoint people with heaven-high unrealistic expectations.

I'm trying really hard to expect something mediocre.

Peru

Glad to see positive opinions but dont forget its still just a movie. Even if it totally delivers, its going to disappoint people with heaven-high unrealistic expectations.

I'm trying really hard to expect something mediocre.

I expect it to be good but pre-release impressions by enthusiasts and industry people - worth nothing.

BraXzy

I'm so God damn hyped. We're getting so close.

IMAX on the 18th is going to be mind boggling.

The temptation to find a midnight screening on the 17th is so hard to resist though.

cacildo

Ill watch it midnight from the 16th to 17th

Thats like.... 8pm of the 16th to most of you

Ill tell you how it goes

(Sorry for this)

Wag

I work in a movie theater. If all goes well I should get to see it a day or two early. 😂

Just went and bought Ep. IV-VI on blu ray. Going to watch them. So fucking pumped. Taking my mom and aunt to IMAX for their Christmas gift.

border

I expect it to be good but pre-release impressions by enthusiasts and industry people - worth nothing.

Spielberg claimed that he cried in Revenge of the Sith. The man who made Schindler's List was supposedly moved to tears by hamfisted claptrap like "You're breaking my heart!"

Every single time one of the prequels came out there was this pre-release buzz about how much better the new one was going to be, and every time the new film was an absolute clunker.

I am surprised how willing people are to be suckered in yet again.

Just wait for the real reviews -- not Twitter buzz and "Oh some celebrity really liked it". Nobody in Hollywood is going to bash the shit out of somebody else's movie even when it's terrible.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Spielberg claimed that he cried in Revenge of the Sith. The man who made Schindler's List was supposedly moved to tears by hamfisted claptrap like "You're breaking my heart!"

Last time I checked, he wasn't necessarily crying due to overall quality of the film but rather being proud of Lucas.

Spielberg claimed that he cried in Revenge of the Sith.

I believe the quote he gave included an explanation for why he cried, where he made sure to point it out wasn't even so much the movie, but the knowledge that the Star Wars saga was ending and his friend George had basically gotten to do what he wanted to do.

edit: Marston got me.

border

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Steven Spielberg already seen it three times.

He said its gonna be great.

Not only did he get misty-eyed at Revenge of the Sith, I'm pretty sure he had a lot of positive things to say about the Phantom Menace too.

So I want to see this on the biggest screen possible, but don't care for 3d. There's a couple theaters near me with RPX and dolby atmos, which seems it would be the best option. Has anyone here experieced RPX, dolby atmos, or both that can recommend if it is worth the extra money or not?

Gandie

So I want to see this on the biggest screen possible, but don't care for 3d. There's a couple theaters near me with RPX and dolby atmos, which seems it would be the best option. Has anyone here experieced RPX, dolby atmos, or both that can recommend if it is worth the extra money or not?

I'm watching SW on a 9,8m*22,7m=222,5qm screen (about 2,4k sq feet). Biggest screen I've ever seen.

I saw Age of Ultron with Dolby Atmos, I liked it and I'm seeing TFA in it too.

BdoUK

Dolby Atmos is excellent assuming the mix takes advantage of the format. Episode VII should be an excellent showcase for Atmos.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It's the worst SW movie ever made.

I thought the same but I watched it again last week, it wasn't that bad outside of the forced romance bullshit. Episode 1 is much worse, the acting alone is miles ahead in Ep 2 vs 1.

It had Jango, Jango is cool!

The only thing that would have made that dude cooler was silenced double blasters.

any cool that jango brings to the table is wiped out by boba being just another clone

and he would've been much cooler if they never showed his face and he was just a menacing helmet like boba was

tl;dr boba was cooler

Prompto

Banned
How early do you guys think people should get to the theater and start lining up for those 7 pm opening day screenings? Maybe around 5 or would that be too late for me to get any good seats? My showing didn't have reserved seating :(

hokahey

I have the back row reserved at a 5 star lounge theater for 10pm on the 18th. Then, my employer rented out a theater the next morning for a 10am showing. :)

Bsigg12

How early do you guys think people should get to the theater and start lining up for those 7 pm opening day screenings? Maybe around 5 or would that be too late for me to get any good seats? My showing didn't have reserved seating :(

Call the theater and see when they're allowing people to lineup because those Thursday 7pm showings without reserved seating will be kinda insane. 5 will probably be too late to get a decent seat.

Dispatch

I'm so God damn hyped. We're getting so close.

IMAX on the 18th is going to be mind boggling.

The temptation to find a midnight screening on the 17th is so hard to resist though.

The closest IMAX has a showing at 7PM on the 17th, and I've got four tickets to take the family.

It's also my birthday.

LNBL

Arghhhhh 10 days left i'm so hypedddd. Just finished Episode 3, will watch the original trilogy in the 3 days before i see TFA.

I can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom