• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I asked here 2 months back in the thread, but are online tickets for Cineplex refundable? A while back, somebody said it was totally possible by doing it face to face despite the fine print.

Just picked up my tickets for 7pm 17th imax at Irvine spectrum SoCal. Thank you reserved seating!!

Sweet deal, got tickets to the 7:30pm showing there. Kinda lame that it's only 3D until 10:30 though. My group tried to get tickets to the 7pm IMAX 3D but it was sold out by the time the box office lady tried to punch in the purchase.

Sweet deal, got tickets to the 7:30pm showing there. Kinda lame that it's only 3D until 10:30 though. My group tried to get tickets to the 7pm IMAX 3D but it was sold out by the time the box office lady tried to punch in the purchase.

yeah i refreshed movitickets.com and fandango for an hour straight before they came up and when they did our group bought 18 tickets and they legit sold out quickkk

FTF

Probably around 4 or so for the 7pm. I'm bringing a Kindle and 3DS to entertain myself.

Same, going to a 7pm on Thursday and meeting friends there at 4pm. If it's not crowded great, if it is well 3 hours early was the most I could do so it is what it is.

TK-421

I thought those were just the critics for award decisions? That doesn't affect normal critics.

From the article, though it's not confirmed:

Essentially, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will be on lockdown until December 18th, and we've heard rumblings that regular critics screenings also won't be happening for the movie, and given this news, that's probably going to be the case. So, it's fans first this time, and/or reviewers who get in line with everyone else.

Oh man, just over a week till my Friday showing at IMAX Melbourne.

They recently got the laser projection system installed, anyone have any feedback on whether laser is good or not?

mcfrank

They are having critics screenings, but they are not as open as other films. Much more limited invite lists for the critics screenings.

Eiolon

My sister is going on a Disney cruise and they will be doing an advanced screening on the ship on the 17th. She says everyone is going ape shit over it. She has never seen Star Wars and doesn't understand what the big deal is lol.

Really having trouble deciding between seeing it Thursday night on a normal screen vs IMAX 70MM at the Indiana State Museum (a real IMAX) Friday morning.

Weighing being there for the hype vs the most immersive experience.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's getting harder to put off waiting a week or so after the movie releases to see it finally.

It's going to be five of us: Myself, my wife, my sister, and her twins. They're both 15, but my niece hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies yet, and my nephew has only watched A New Hope. When they visit next, we plan on watching Empire and Jedi. He knows the prequels suck, but he wants to see those as well, if anything for lulz. My niece is interested in watching all of them also, but she couldn't make it last time, when we watched A New Hope.

I'd like to at least watch Empire and Jedi with them before VII. I don't know when they'll be free to visit us either.

But man, the temptation to just go see the movie opening weekend with my wife is too great. There's still some pretty good seats available for Saturday and Sunday. No way am I seeing this shit in the front row seats (hilariously, all of the front row/near screen seats are available).

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not seeing it until the evening of the 20th. Have family and friends in town before then, so had to wait. I'm not big on the opening few nights crowds anyway.

Grabbed seats in the 21+VIP theater at the local Regal.

Dany

Banned
The crowd will be obnoxious :( I can a really imagine the hooting and hollering that'll occur when the title screen comes up, and when old characters should up.

Ashhong

Why not just wait until Sunday and catch the matinee for $6 a ticket?

Gee, I wonder why some fans would want to watch it as soon as possible. Let's all rack our brains on this video game website and try to figure it out.

The inability of some people to understand people's motives on this site never ceases to amaze me.

Toothless

Read a spoiler-free review of it on another forum I frequent and where it's tightly moderated so if this guy was lying, he'd be banned by now. My hype has increased exponentially.

Ashhong

Read a spoiler-free review of it on another forum I frequent and where it's tightly moderated so if this guy was lying, he'd be banned by now. My hype has increased exponentially.

Did he say how he watched it? No screenings until next week I thought

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The crowd will be obnoxious :( I can a really imagine the hooting and hollering that'll occur when the title screen comes up, and when old characters should up.

LXL9nx.gif

Reserved seating at a CinemaSuites AMC theater, staying at the Hilton at the mall so I dont have to deal with traffic after. Might see it again when I wake up the next morning.

usp84

So i am sorry if this is the wrong thread but i am currently wathcing the films again after about 10 years and i was wondering if i should watch the animated tv series that take place between the 2nd and 3rd movie.I just watched Attack of the Clones

Are they worth it?Also just how many are there? I think three?

So i am sorry if this is the wrong thread but i am currently wathcing the films again after about 10 years and i was wondering if i should watch the animated tv series that take place between the 2nd and 3rd movie.I just watched Attack of the Clones

Are they worth it?Also just how many are there? I think three?

Wrong thread but Clone Wars is worth it. It's officially canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom