• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Official Teaser Trailer #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nictron

What if Luke pulled the Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer into Jakku and felt great remorse about all the lives lost?

Jobbs

Banned
Sorry if this has been covered in the last 65 pages, but I was curious if anyone noticed what I noticed.. In the Battlefront 3 trailer, we see Boba Fett flying around a sandy landscape -- In the background, though, is a similarly orientated downed Star Destroyer as we saw on Jakku in the movie trailer.

If the Battlefront clip is therefore on Jakku, this presents a certain crisis in continuity, since Boba Fett pretty definitively fell into the man gobbling Sarlacc pit in ROTJ -- Unless he actually survived (the alternative is that Battlefront simply features certain fantasy mashup elements for fun that don't necessarily play by all the rules) -- and if he survived, his presence in Battlefront seems like an important clue. It's not a Battlefront game that would reveal this sort of fact. More likely, the game is following along with something in a movie...

Is it nearly confirmed that Boba Fett appears in The Force Awakens?

That's a cute picture. I'm not sure I understand your implication though... are you saying Rey is that alien or a wookie?

Pretty sure that's a Trandoshan.

stufte

Sorry if this has been covered in the last 65 pages, but I was curious if anyone noticed what I noticed.. In the Battlefront 3 trailer, we see Boba Fett flying around a sandy landscape -- In the background, though, is a similarly orientated downed Star Destroyer as we saw on Jakku in the movie trailer.

If the Battlefront clip is therefore on Jakku, this presents a certain crisis in continuity, since Boba Fett pretty definitively fell into the man gobbling Sarlacc pit in ROTJ -- Unless he actually survived (the alternative is that Battlefront simply features certain fantasy mashup elements for fun that don't necessarily play by all the rules) -- and if he survived, his presence in Battlefront seems like an important clue. It's not a Battlefront game that would reveal this sort of fact. More likely, the game is following along with something in a movie...

Boba Fett could have been on Jakku YEARS ago, before ROTJ.

jelly

Reys heritage confirmed?

image.jpg

Haha

Neat way to walk around the convention unnoticed.

Jobbs

Banned
Boba Fett could have been on Jakku YEARS ago, before ROTJ.

Seems likely the wrecked ships on Jakku are there as a result of the battle of Jakku, which took place after ROTJ. The Star Destroyer buried in the sand being in that important movie shot -- It seems likely they're using it to refer to that battle.

edit: http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/17/m...ens-planet-of-jakku-in-star-wars-battlefront/

The Battle of Jakku add-on takes place one year after the Rebel Alliance’s victory in Endor from Return of the Jedi.

stufte

Seems likely the wrecked ships on Jakku are there as a result of the battle of Jakku, which took place after ROTJ. The Star Destroyer buried in the sand being in that important movie shot -- It seems likely they're using it to refer to that battle.

Ah, well then maybe it's just a playable character thing. Not necessarily a confirmation of his existence after ROTJ.

Jobbs

Banned
Ah, well then maybe it's just a playable character thing. Not necessarily a confirmation of his existence after ROTJ.

I'm taking it as a clue that he's in the movie. I don't think a Battlefront game would be where they'd canonize his escape from the Sarlacc. It's gotta be the movie. This whole MO behind the creation of this movie seems to be trying to please lifelong Star Wars fans.

stufte

I'm taking it as a clue that he's in the movie. I don't think a Battlefront game would be where they'd canonize his escape from the Sarlacc. It's gotta be the movie. This whole MO behind the creation of this movie seems to be trying to please lifelong Star Wars fans.

If the game is anything like the previous ones, you could use any hero character in any of the maps, no matter what part of the timeline they reside in.

Jobbs

Banned
If the game is anything like the previous ones, you could use any hero character in any of the maps, no matter what part of the timeline they reside in.

Oh. I didn't really remember that. For some reason I thought each map only had heroes relevant to the map.

charsace

I hate to sound like a nerd, but why didn't Chewy age? Do Wookies age slower than humans?

Trailer was ace. JJ fits Star Wars more than he does Star Trek.

isny

napkin dispenser
Disney is killing it, boy.

Ironically Pixar seems to be their weakest division now. But I think Incredibles 2 will right that ship.

Tons of other PIXAR films coming out before then that may right the ship. Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, Toy Story 4.

cj_iwakura

I cannot remember the last time I was hyped for something Star Wars related besides the first prequel. (If only we could warn ourselves) Part of me says I shouldn't get excited, but then I remember there is no way this could be that bad. We've learned from our boring senate hearing Jar-Jar filled movie mistakes. I think we might do it right this time. Plus, no Lucas. Who would have thought the man who created Star Wars would end up being the worst person in the world to continue it? No one. If only we could warn ourselves.

I hope this trilogy has a single overarching villain like the original did. It was so stupid that they didn't have Darth Maul as the villain through the whole prequel trilogy and instead had a different one for each film. I don't want the big bad guy to just be disposed of at the start of a trilogy. That'd be like not having the Tannen family constantly tormenting Marty throughout the entire BTTF trilogy. Give me a new Darth.

But the prequel trilogy did have a recurring villain: Palpatine. Everyone else are just his pawns.

Eidan

I know it's a large thread, but at least do a cursory glance through the last pages. Both the comb picture and McConaughey can be found on the previous page.

It took me a few watches to realize what they are actually flying into. That's not a normal Star Destroyer, its an Executor class. How the hell to you crash land something that large without it breaking up upon reentry?

I think it's fair to assume that it is either made of materials that are stronger than what we''re familiar with in the 21st century here on Earth, or perhaps that its shields functioned long enough to mange reentry.

Or, perhaps it's just fucking scifi and who gives a shit.

Snake

Considering that there are at least two intact crashed Star Destroyers on the planet (one regular, as seen at the beginning of the trailer and one Super seen toward the end), it's possible that the planet is some kind of starship graveyard/junkyard.

Or, it's just the site of major battle and sci-fi physics debates about whether such things could be intact really don't matter.

Forgive me if this has been answered (and Boba Fett may not actually appear in Episode VII), but Fett's death in Return of the Jedi was retconned in a now non-canonical comic. He lived on and had many adventures.

Citation.

I don't think his escape from death has been retconned, rather what happened afterward is new.

It took me a few watches to realize what they are actually flying into. That's not a normal Star Destroyer, its an Executor class. How the hell to you crash land something that large without it breaking up upon reentry?

It's not hard sci-fi so I guess "it looks cool" is the guiding principle. It worked for Battlestar Galactica.

tumblr_m4jmmsBc7W1qz9xx1o3_500.gif

Ya'll do know those ships can enter atmosphere right? Who's to say it wasn't destroyed by fighters inside atmosphere rather than crashing from space?

It's not hard sci-fi so I guess "it looks cool" is the guiding principle. It worked for Battlestar Galactica.

tumblr_m4jmmsBc7W1qz9xx1o3_500.gif

The Super Star Destroyer is 11 miles long ,though. We can accept the normal star destroyers crashed on surfaces, but the executor class seems too big for anyone to want it near a planet atmosphere. I imagine it was crashed on purpose/sabotaged and there are pieces of it miles and miles around

Edit: I was thinking meters for a time there, I meant to say 11 miles, but left the 3 zeroes from 19,000 meters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom