• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

Davide

There was a lot of good about the Clone Wars team.

And live action Tartakosvky's CW would be silly as hell.
Live action visuals like Tartakosvky's style would be beautiful. Obviously wouldn't be suitable for a live action drama series and the writing wasn't anything great, but it's the superior Clone Wars series.

Don't want to lead this off topic again though

On this subject. Why has force ghost Anakin not presented himself to Ben yet and been like "stop being a stupid ass".

Since ghosts got redefined by Clone Wars, something that's honestly up in the air now is whether or not they're something that simply anyone can see. It might be that in pursuing the dark side so ruthlessly, as much as Kylo so desperately wants to hear his grandfather, he's actually made it impossible to hear or see him. That and well, Kylo's a fan of Darth Vader, not Anakin Skywalker.

Edit: Which actually reminds me, I feel I've mentioned it previously on this board, but if they ever got Hayden back in for a cameo, I'd like it short and sweet. Have Kylo feel like he's actually done it - reached out, and contacted the spirit of his grandfather. Turns his head, almost ecstatic, that he shall hear the wisdom of the great Sith Lord at last...

And it's just Anakin Skywalker, staring, so disappointed. Then he's gone.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That "Why are you here" line sounds adr as fuck

TheXbox

I think that whole exchange - Luke's line included - takes place after the saber handoff on the summit. Maybe the same scene as that final shot of Rey ("I need someone..."). Rey tells him that Leia sent her, the Resistance needs him, and Luke is like, alright, but be real with me, why you?

TheXbox

So did any of Luke's academy survive? It feels kind of wasteful for them to have all been wiped out.
Kylo? lol

Even if the films say no I guarantee you there will be some EU novel or animated series about the lone survivor (or several) from Luke's academy, just like they've introduced surviving Jedi - not including Obi Wan and Yoda - up until the weeks before ANH.

I hope when Rey gives him the lightsaber there's an awkward silence and then Luke goes "So did you find the hand too, or..."
Ab17ZIu.gif

We're probably going to be seeing new TV spots from here on out.
Sweet!

Luke playing Yoda. Yoda said the same thing in ESB. "Why are you here". I hope Luke plays stupid and goofy too. "Mine, or help you I will not".

In all seriousness, Luke looked emotional and shook at end of TFA when she showed him the lightsaber. I don't know how he can try to act dumb after that. Rey be like "bull shit old man, I saw your eyes get teary. You are fucking Luke Skywalker and you have been expecting me".

Surfinn

In all seriousness, Luke looked emotional and shook at end of TFA when she showed him the lightsaber. I don't know how he can try to act dumb after that. Rey be like "bull shit old man, I saw your eyes get teary. You are fucking Luke Skywalker and you have been expecting me".

Nah that was all real. I just mean him knowing who she is. I think part of the reason why he looked the way he did is because he recognizes who she is. And I think he felt it beforehand too (no pun).

Look at this.

https://youtu.be/b-PxBkf7Tv8?t=23

The way his eyes widen. Before he even knows she has his saber. Just from simply seeing her face.

Then she whips it out and he's crushed with emotion.

Nah that was all real. I just mean him knowing who she is. I think part of the reason why he looked the way he did is because he recognize who she is. And I think he felt it beforehand too (no pun).

Look at this.

https://youtu.be/b-PxBkf7Tv8?t=23

The way his eyes widen. Before he even knows she has his saber. Just from simply seeing her face.

Oh yeah. I think that was great acting on his part. I think you can see a lot of things in his eyes. Maybe, even the pain of losing Han.

Surfinn

Oh yeah. I think that was great acting on his part. I think you can see a lot of things in his eyes. Maybe, even the pain of losing Han.

Yup. When I first saw this scene, I wasn't huge on it. After understanding more of what it means and COULD mean, it's now one of my favorite.

Hamill himself acted his ass off in this scene.

Surfinn

We've actually known since March that one of the first things Luke asks Rey is "Who are you?" https://twitter.com/DanielNMiller/status/839528735934033920

And, yes, as I said, I think he is partially playing dumb. In that, that line in particular might not be truthful.

Maybe he's afraid of telling her the truth. Remember, he eventually wants nothing to do with Rey, probably pretty early on in the film.

You know.. things shouldn't always be taken at face value. SW doesn't often do that with it's secrets and twists.

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
New bits of dialogue from action figures: https://makingstarwars.net/2017/10/new-dialogue-snoke-rey-luke-star-wars-last-jedi/

Luke:
“May the Force be with you”

“Trust you instincts”

“Leave this place”

“Come, I’ll show you the true meaning of the Force”

“Stay back”

Snoke:
“There has been an awakening, have you felt it?” (from The Force Awakens)

“For you, all is lost”

“The resistance will soon be in our grasp”

“We will crush them once and for all”

“Your emotions have made you weak”

Rey:
“Get out of here”

“I’m not giving you anything” (From TFA)

“I feel the Force”

“You will release me!” (From TFA)

“Your going to pay for what you did”

“The First Order are everywhere”

“I can do this” (I know she says that line in TFA but she seems more calm when she says this line in the Forcelink”

“I’m not afraid of you”

“I’m with the Resistance”

Kylo:
“You will bring Luke Skywalker to me”

“I know what I have to do”

“We are not done yet” (from TFA)

“I feel the power of the Force”

“Traitor!” (from TFA)

Top Bottom