• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars:The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire E3 trailer

Fehyd

Banned
I hear people say this all the time and I don't understand it. The Jedi Knight story is bad and boring even by TOR standards. If that's KOTOR 3, then KOTOR 3 was shit.

Yea, I'm sorry Bioware killed one of my favorite RPG franchises to turn it into a cheap version of WoW too.
just let me be salty in peace dammit

Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior. Started some of the other classes but gave up on them pretty fast. I've watched all the rest of the class stories on youtube just out of curiosity.

Quantity =/= quality.

10441185_10152770294796595_7677188481060303458_n.jpg

Personally, I think the Jedi Knight story was the best piece of writing to come out of BioWare.

Xiaoki

Looks really good(LOL at the KotOR3 people) but I'm not sure I can continue with the game unless there are some major QoL improvements.

Namely class balance, bloated hotbars and group finder.

The other day I was sitting in the group finder for a while as a tank (Assassin) looking at the 30 some skills on my hotbars and I was thinking "Why do I have 3 PBAoEs?"

Walshicus

Oh fuck off, you know there's a sizable amount of people who wanted a proper sequel to KotOR rather than what we all got with SWToR.

I don't see how shitting up this thread's going to change that.

Anyway, interested in the lore behind this Empire of Zakuul...

Snookie

I still look at my huge collectors edition box and just shake my head. Nothing but regret. I took my jedi consoler to the max level and that was about it. Most of the game i did by myself because i could never find people to party with.

BigDes

Oh fuck off, you know there's a sizable amount of people who wanted a proper sequel to KotOR rather than what we all got with SWToR.

Great

But its been like 3 years now. 3 years of people shitting up every single SWTOR thread with the KOTOR stuff.

Oh man this must be KOTOR 3 just by another name! *reads press release*
*sigh* its never happening is it? might have to relent and see if a MMORPG is a poor substitute for me

no I agree with this, as I said, I don't even consider the MMO content f2p, it's basically a glorified trial that let's you play 100% of the singleplayer stories for free. that's not nothing though. but if you want to play it as an MMO you need to pay.
but as a subscriber, the most important thing for me is that nothing ever bothered me, like pay 2 win content or stuff like that.

I actually prefer to pay a subscription for an MMO because I realize it's that consistent money that gives the people the jobs to make great content reliably without sacrificing workers on non crucial content. The problem for me with pretty much all MMO's is just the lack of focus on cooperative PVE content, and challenging content at that. "F2P" and that kind of content just don't seem to mesh very well. So I guess the only reason to be a sub would be if you're a hardcore PVP player? Or have they really started working on Operations and the like again?

Fixed1979

I've been disappointed that they never bothered to do a Mac release for this game. If I pull the trigger on a new PC this year I'll defiantly be grabbing the expansion.

Brojito

Neo Member

I love this. TOR fans telling KOTOR fans to fuck off and "just deal with it".

I accepted a long time ago that KOTOR 3 is never happening. But don't shove TOR down my throat as "KOTOR 3" and tell me that this is the sequel I've been waiting for. It's not, and it never will be. I wouldn't have even cared if Bioware had made TOR completely separate from the KOTOR series and done their own thing, but they insisted on dragging KOTOR characters into the story and completing butchering them so they could claim this game was "KOTOR 3".

It's not just that Bioware gave us a game no one wanted, its the fact that Bioware killed the future of another game to do so. Sorry, but I think us old crotchety KOTOR fans are allowed to be salty about that. I'm glad people enjoy SW:TOR. But don't tell me to "just deal with it."

Cool, this isn't the thread for that so take it somewhere else. No one cares what game you wanted.

Not a bad idea, honestly.

Is there a "KOTOR OT: We're all still salty" thread, though? Because I'll head there in a heartbeat. Then we can all wallow in our despair together.

Sorian

Banned
I love this. TOR fans telling KOTOR fans to fuck off and "just deal with it".

I accepted a long time ago that KOTOR 3 is never happening. But don't shove TOR down my throat as "KOTOR 3" and tell me that this is the sequel I've been waiting for. It's not, and it never will be. I wouldn't have even cared if Bioware had made TOR completely separate from the KOTOR series and done their own thing, but they insisted on dragging KOTOR characters into the story and completing butchering them so they could claim this game was "KOTOR 3".

It's not just that Bioware gave us a game no one wanted, its the fact that Bioware killed the future of another game to do so. Sorry, but I think us old crotchety KOTOR fans are allowed to be salty about that. I'm glad people enjoy SW:TOR. But don't tell me to "just deal with it."

Not a bad idea, honestly.

Is there a "KOTOR OT: We're all still salty" thread, though? Because I'll head there in a heartbeat. Then we can all wallow in our despair.

If you are going to come into a SWTOR thread to talk about irrelevant information then yes, we are going to tell you to deal with it. Simple concept really.

Moff

I actually prefer to pay a subscription for an MMO because I realize it's that consistent money that gives the people the jobs to make great content reliably without sacrificing workers on non crucial content. The problem for me with pretty much all MMO's is just the lack of focus on cooperative PVE content, and challenging content at that. "F2P" and that kind of content just don't seem to mesh very well. So I guess the only reason to be a sub would be if you're a hardcore PVP player? Or have they really started working on Operations and the like again?

actually it's the other way round, in the last year we got more PVE content than PVP content.
I have to say that bioware listens to the players, though. they asked about starfighter pvp and they got starfighter pvp, they asked about single player story content and after a lot of denying and saying it is not really worthwhile content for an MMO (which is not untrue) we finally got it, you can blame them for a lot, but they definitely listen.

BigDes

actually it's the other way round, in the last year we got more PVE content than PVP content.
I have to say that bioware listens to the players, though. they asked about starfighter pvp and they got starfighter pvp, they asked about single player story content and after a lot of denying and saying it is not really worthwhile content for an MMO (which is not untrue) we finally got it, you can blame them for a lot, but they definitely listen.

Yeah, PVP has been weirdly abandoned in SWTOR

Not that I mind, arena PVP in MMOs is always boring and the engine can't handle world PVP but you would think they would throw the PVPers some bones now and then

Sijil

Might as well accept it, TOR is KOTOR 3, it wraps the Revan, Bastila plotline, same for everything else, there's also the Revan novel that ties Kotor 1, 2 with TOR. They're not going to throw away years of work and established lore to make Kotor 3. I would've killed for Kotor 3 but time to accept it and play TOR Jedi knight quest line which is for all intents and purposes the continuation of Kotor.

My only wish is that when the time comes to pull the plug from the TOR servers, they release the whole game offline or allow someone else to do it or to emulate servers. The MMO aspect of the game is generic but the story and quests are great and should be archived and made replayable,

Falchion

I liked the trailer, don't have any experience with the game itself though. I've heard pretty mixed reviews of it but maybe so new content will give it some energy.

gillty

Banned
Good trailer, haven't played the game since the first 30 days of launch, and most likely don't intend to. Good trailer as always.

Kind of interested in the fact that the Emperor of Zakuul doesn't look like a force user himself

Maybe he's a void in the force like the exile was. He'd be able to totally fuck up Vitate then.

Also the canon or not thing is kind of irrelevant, when KOTOR was canon did you ever think Revan would pop up in the movies? There's a reason there's like 3 milleniums separating this from the original trilogy.

gatti-man

Damn this looks fun. Not sure I'll ever come back as the game to me is really ugly. Unfortunately if I'm going to PC game there needs to be eye candy. But I love Star Wars and the gameplay in pvp was very fun.

Ashodin

Maybe he's a void in the force like the exile was. He'd be able to totally fuck up Vitate then.

Also the canon or not thing is kind of irrelevant, when KOTOR was canon did you ever think Revan would pop up in the movies? There's a reason there's like 3 milleniums separating this from the original trilogy.

It sounds like they're rebooting the story, which is awesome and very ballsy.

antonz

It honestly looks like its being made more KOTOR 3 style now than ever before. Empire and Republic seemingly wiped out. You are The "outlander" who gets to build up a team with new and old companions and decide the destiny of the galaxy and unlike the prior games where you were just some type of force user you can now at least be other classes.

Ashodin

It honestly looks like its being made more KOTOR 3 style now than ever before. Empire and Republic seemingly wiped out. You are The "outlander" who gets to build up a team with new and old companions and decide the destiny of the galaxy and unlike the prior games where you were just some type of force user you can now at least be other classes.

Yep! SO HYPE. They need to get the word out like this!

They had such a good setup with the original story though, nothing was more disappointing than
when you killed Malgus. They really built him up and then you killed him with like the very first instance at 50.

Sorian

Banned
They had such a good setup with the original story though, nothing was more disappointing than
when you killed Malgus. They really built him up and then you killed him with like the very first instance at 50.

It was obvious there was more plans for him that they dropped at some point. There was a reason you could only beat him if you threw him down a pit and they must have given up on whatever the idea was when they went back and "nerfed" the fight to make it so he would just die like normal.

It was obvious there was more plans for him that they dropped at some point. There was a reason you could only beat him if you threw him down a pit and they must have given up on whatever the idea was when they went back and "nerfed" the fight to make it so he would just die like normal.

It was so weird, he was an interesting character, he had a book, marketing focus and everything. I think they might try to redo those plans with this new character.

Tacitus_

One day I'll dust off my Inquisitor and continue his story. Plenty of new fools need to be backstabbed and electrocuted.

Cool, I'll definitely have to check it out again.

Top Bottom