• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks now offering BBQ Beef Brisket sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2015/07/starbucks-now-offers-bbq-beef-brisket.html

Starbucks adds the new BBQ Beef Brisket on Sourdough sandwich this summer.

The brisket is described as being "slow-cooked for seven hours and mixed with smoky BBQ sauce." "Slow-cooked," to me, suggests that it is braised rather than smoked. Also, barbecue seems a bit of an odd choice for a coffeehouse.

The brisket is accompanied by Northern California-sourced ingredients including roasted onion braised in Gordon Biersch Blonde Bock Beer, Sonoma Jack cheese, and toasted San Francisco-style sourdough bread.

Additional, the company has updated the Chicken Santa Fe Sandwich with an Ancient Grain Flatbread rather than the previous plain Flatbread. A Starbucks rep describes the new flatbread as having a "rich, Southwestern flavor and crunchy texture."

Price on Starbucks warm sandwiches vary but range from $5.25 to $6.45.

Nutritional Information - Starbucks BBQ Beef Brisket on Sourdough
Calories - 510 (from Fat - 200)
Fat - 22g (Saturated Fat - 10g)
Sodium - 1210mg
Carbs - 54g (Sugar - 5g)
Protein - 23g

OlCvclk.jpg

DJ_Lae

Looks edible, and it being braised doesn't bother me. I wouldn't expect much, but it probably tastes okay if not worth anywhere near what they'll charge for it.

iMax

It probably tastes disgusting, but I'm gonna have to call you out on it looking disgusting. It certainly doesn't look like it would hold it's own against a deli shop selection, but it's far from disgusting.

It's covered in cheese, so it's already fucked up.

Slayven

Xia I missed your food news. I have to laugh at this, down in the south you can get damn near BBQ on every street corner. for what they charge you can get a pund and half a loaf of bread

WHo the hell puts cheese on BBQ? That defeats the point

Furyous

I'm so there. I can feel the meat glistening ready to enter into my mouth as my taste buds enjoy the succulent juices. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME I CAN GET BBQ BRISKET AND PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE WITH NONFAT MILK AND FIZZIO GINGER ALE. Double fist these drinks like they're 151 and Jose Cuervo.

I'm on my fuckboy elitist Starbucks shit. Walk into Starbucks in flip-flops, tattered beater, and gym shorts with retina macbook pro ready to milk all the data out their wifi.

It's covered in cheese, so it's already fucked up.

Xia I missed your food news. I have to laugh at this, down in the south you can get damn near BBQ on every street corner. for what they charge you can get a pund and half a loaf of bread

WHo the hell puts cheese on BBQ? That defeats the point

Is this not a common thing for these sandwiches? I've ordered them in the past, not from Starbucks but other places and sometimes they have cheese and sometimes they don't. But I get where you're coming from.

I definitely wouldn't order it, I wouldn't order any sandwiches from Starbucks period.

Bacon

Is this not a common thing for these sandwiches? I've ordered them in the past, not from Starbucks but other places and sometimes they have cheese and sometimes they don't. But I get where you're coming from.

I definitely wouldn't order it, I wouldn't order any sandwiches from Starbucks period.

If you're getting good authentic BBQ, adding cheese is basically a sin

Krejlooc

Banned

Chopped Brisket Sandwiches typically do not have cheese. They usually have some sweet BBQ sauce on it and pickles and onions and sometimes, depending on the person, maybe some Mayo.

I've never had a chopped brisket sandwich with cheese on it.

iMax

I can't deal with melted cheese on a sandwich. It's all sorts of sorcery.

Slayven

Chopped Brisket Sandwiches typically do not have cheese. They usually have some sweet BBQ sauce on it and pickles and onions and sometimes, depending on the person, maybe some Mayo.

I've never had a chopped brisket sandwich with cheese on it.

pickles, sauce, and/or cole slaw are using the only things allowed.

I feel sorry for those Subway and Starbucks employees who signed up to work at a sandwich and coffee shop and are now working at pizza and burger joints at the same time.I wonder if they increase pay to go along with all the added responsibility of a more diverse menu.

Maybe in ten years you'll have to double as a used car salesman to get a job at one of these places.

Slayven

I feel sorry for those Subway and Starbucks employees who signed up to work at a sandwich and coffee shop and are now working at pizza and burger joints at the same time.I wonder if they increase pay to go along with all the added responsibility of a more diverse menu.

Maybe in ten years you'll have to double as a used car salesman to get a job at one of these places.

I like how Domino's said "fuck it" and took out the pizza part.

Bubba T

lol thats funny

They already do that in these types of places. Upselling is the name of the game. Getting people to buy high margin products is what keeps the store profitable and their wages low.

GodofWine

So, when one orders one, do they nuke a plastic bag filled with precooked pre sauced glop and squeeze it out onto the bread??

Don't Starbucks employees get treated pretty well? I know at the very least they get access to free education which is massive this day and age. Up to them if they take advantage of it I guess.

I want to be the guy at Starbucks who shrugs his shoulders and goes "I dunno, chimichangas?"

Don't Starbucks employees get treated pretty well? I know at the very least they get access to free education which is massive this day and age. Up to them if they take advantage of it I guess.

Service workers are treated like worthless idiots and paid nothing.

FStop7

Banned
Starbucks is trying SO hard to shift away from being a coffee shop and toward being some kind of upscale grab-and-go place with a bit of everything. I tried a chicken sandwich and it wasn't very good. Especially not for the price. Nutritionally speaking, it's not that great, either. But the convenience makes it tempting and it seems to work. The closest Starbucks to me is near a bunch of office buildings and it's _packed_ from 6AM - 9AM on weekday mornings.

border

All their food is shipped in frozen, then thawed and heated in a convection oven. This is no new hassle or responsibility for the employees. They've already had breakfast sandwiches for years.

I want to be the guy at Starbucks who shrugs his shoulders and goes "I dunno, chimichangas?"

Service workers are treated like worthless idiots and paid nothing.
Except for the free education being offered at an accredited school working around their schedule? Especially where the average person ends up about 25-30k in the hole going to college?

I agree the service industry sucks in general. I mean it's generally unskilled labor and there are plenty of people to tap from in the job market. But when a company is doing some innovative stuff to increase the value like that, it shouldn't be ignored or glossed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom