• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks now offering BBQ Beef Brisket sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

friday-damn-gif.gif

Soma

oh yeah we've been sampling these at work all week.

not bad

mfw I rung it up on the register to see the price:
1mtkiuR.png

Future

Not gonna lie, I was heading to Starbucks to do some work and get a coffee... And 30 min in, I got kinda hungry. This might have hit that spot

border

Obviously all Starbucks' business is pretty front-loaded. They sell a million drinks in the morning, and then the rest of the day is a dull by comparison.

I imagine their thought is that if they can get a decent food menu together, they can bump up traffic during the lunch and dinnertime hours.

I think the problem is that all their food is just as shitty and unhealthy as fast food, but twice as expensive.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Seems like Starbucks is turning more into a fast for chain that has collection of coffee than a dedicated coffee hub.

I tried this yesterday and it was pretty tasty. Not something I'd have often though, for my health's sake. I work there so I got it for free, but I probably wouldn't get it otherwise.

Nah I can't trust BBQ coming from Starbucks. I'll just stick to those nice Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes they sell.

I tried this yesterday and it was pretty tasty. Not something I'd have often though, for my health's sake. I work there so I got it for free, but I probably wouldn't get it otherwise.
Do you get those cheesecakes for free too?

lightus

I've heard it's decent. Definitely costs a bit for what you're getting though.

I only eat food there if I have a free reward saved up. Might try it the next time I get one.

entremet

People actually buy Starbucks food? Stuff is just sitting there--I'm sure it's safe to eat as they're refrigerated cases.

It never looks appetizing and it's overpriced to heck.

I remember their egg sandwiches. Precooked eggs. Gross.

People actually buy Starbucks food? Stuff is just sitting there--I'm sure it's safe to eat as they're refrigerated cases.

It never looks appetizing and it's overpriced to heck.

the pastries are good, though a bit pricey. i tend to buy the rice krispies squares whenever i visit my local barnes and noble.

Partition

Banned
the pastries are good, though a bit pricey. i tend to buy the rice krispies squares whenever i visit my local barnes and noble.

FYI the barnes and nobles ones aren't even Starbucks, just Barnes and Noble's 'Cafes' that sell Starbucks coffee. Hence why they have a better selection of pastries.

Don't Starbucks employees get treated pretty well? I know at the very least they get access to free education which is massive this day and age. Up to them if they take advantage of it I guess.

Customer-wise we get treated like dog-shit but if you're looking corporate-side there's a lot of nice benefits and programs that the employees can use to their advantage, including vision, health, typical bullshit.

The tuition program only works through Phoenix which leaves a lot to be desired since there's not so many programs to get involved with through them.

I will say though that the sandwich is pretty damn tasty, at least one of the better ones through my store.

3phemeral

Just tried this since I usually go to Starbucks during lunch for tea anyway:

Didn't taste all too bad but it wasn't amazing either. The sauce is a little sweet, barely smokey, and not very complex. I do like how they toast the sourdough since it provides a nice textural contrast. I didn't detect any cheese whatsoever. I'd pay maybe $3-4 for it at most. Very messy.

iMax

Just tried this since I usually go to Starbucks during lunch for tea anyway:

Didn't taste all too bad but it wasn't amazing either. The sauce is a little sweet, barely smokey, and not very complex. I do like how they toast the sourdough since it provides a nice textural contrast. I didn't detect any cheese whatsoever. I'd pay maybe $3-4 for it at most. Very messy.

Looks like cat food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom