• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley coming to Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Wii U in Q4 2016!

Stencil

YESSSS I knew waiting would pay off! Damn and here I was anticipating Mac; but consoles?!

Wonder if Wii U will have inventory-gamepad functionality; if so I am as sold as a newly harvested crop.

edit: from the link
I’m also excited about the possibility of utilizing special console features like the Wii U’s second screen!

Be still my beating heart.

dukeoflegs

I'll double dip. I love the game. I do need to go back and finish my first play through though. I'm 75 hours in and need to get married and finish off year 3.

Meesh

I just watched the trailer for this thing for the first time, didn't even know what it was. All I can say is it looks like such an incredibly deep time waster, and as such is obviously evil incarnate. So I must... Stay... Away...

Well then, slightly disappointed with the platform choices for this!

Will play on PS4 if that isn't rectified I guess, to see if it's as good as everyone says :p

No 3ds or Vita. Opportunity wasted.

This. This so fucking hard.

Seriously, it's not like console versions will offer anything the PC version doesn't. Stardew Valley would run on a toaster, so it's not as if many people can't play it on their PC.

Portable versions would have been absolutely incredible.

Barryman

I'm curious about a schedule for the late-game updates announced by ConcernedApe!

But this is very cool news. Might double-dip on WiiU.

Brofield

Tears of joy that they remembered Wii U, and has acknowledged the fact he can use the tablet screen to further the immersion within the game.

This is all I ever asked for, after four and a half long years of a floundering console.

I pray that the only reason 3DS and Vita aren't mentioned is because ports for those would take a bit of extra work, and so they don't want to announce them just yet/are currently in the process of sorting things out.

It would be absolutely stupid if a portable version never released for multiple reasons:

1) SV could certainly run on 3DS/Vita.

2) Gameplay-wise, it's a great fit. You can play for either hours at a time, or just a few minutes.

3) Home console versions offer next to nothing the PC version doesn't. Whereas 3DS/Vita versions have the obvious benefit of being portable. This is not only a good thing for players, but also the creator, as more people will be likely to double dip.

Tiktaalik

I'd happily double or triple dip but probably only if there was some sort of cloud based save functionality. I have a PC and Mac and often switch between both.

Vita would be pretty great...

Takao

Banned
I can't believe he's not putting out a handheld version for these dead ass handhelds

You might have had a point had there not been a version announced for a platform that according to a very reliable source, will have be discontinued globally by the time this port is out. It's not like Wii U has some huge existing install base either.

Shizza

Whelp, sign me up if it does make it onto Wii U.

I feel like this would be another great game to play on the gamepad while watching TV

Awesome news. I hardly play on PC, but I was gonna break for this game once the multiplayer update came. Now I don't have to! Hopefully the updates will be ready for console on release day.

Nice. I've thought for a long time that a digital only Harvest Moon on PSN/XBL would've been a perfect fit but Marvelous never seemed to give a shit. Good to know my money will go to an indie instead.

WaterAstro

I thought we already knew this since Chucklefish announced they're solely responsible for porting Stardew Valley while Concerned Ape works on other things.

I guess not.

Top Bottom