• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Venfayth

I have been waiting for almost a season for a rabbit's foot to drop off my rabbits. It has been the last thing needed to complete the community center for a while now.

There is another way to get those...

Inside the desert dungeon the flying eels have like a 2% drop rate on them. If you farm them with some luck food you can usually get one in a day or two. The travelling sales cart also sells them occasionally.

There's no silver in Stardew Valley. Only copper, iron, gold and iridium.

Ugh. I don't know why I kept calling it silver. Every time I typed silver I meant Iron. Dunno what's wrong with me!

Ventara

There is another way to get those...

Inside the desert dungeon the flying eels have like a 2% drop rate on them. If you farm them with some luck food you can usually get one in a day or two. The travelling sales cart also sells them occasionally.

I thought you were gonna say kill the rabbit, lol

ngower

This game has made me want marriage in Animal Crossing.

Or just animal crossing in general.

I am struggling so hard between reading spoilers for thus game and experiencing it as intended but the ladder locations in the mine are going to break me.

Also, how do I convince Harvey to be my husbandou?

Ourobolus

Banned

I am struggling so hard between reading spoilers for thus game and experiencing it as intended but the ladder locations in the mine are going to break me.

He loves coffee, which is cheap and easy to get.

Bread

Banned

which farm type did you choose at the start

i chose the RIVerlands

Letep

I'm not sure if this reaches spoiler territory, and if it does, please hide the answer, but does this game have a definitive "end"?

Puggles

I'm not sure if this reaches spoiler territory, and if it does, please hide the answer, but does this game have a definitive "end"?

No. The end of year 3 your farm gets rated but the game continues forever and you can have it rated at anytime again.

Unai

It's
random

Man fishing is great. It quickly went from feeling impossible to tricky but natural.

For the people playing it for the very first time, how are you enjoying it? How accessible/difficult are you finding it? Are there any major issues you’re having that hamper your enjoyment?

I'm finding it a bit tough to make enough money to upgrade my tools + farm, but I think it's cause I was focusing way more on social stuff at first. Gonna try and hone in more on foraging and mining a bit. The daily time and stamina limit also feels really tricky but that comes across as part of the strategy of the game rather than a roadblock.

I think once I upgrade a few tools, I'll feel like I've hit my stride more.

Unison

I'm chugging along on this (about 25 days in)... Should I be worried about any large, end-game goals?

I saw a youtube video online that had an absolutely absurd farm. Are people hex-editing this on PC or something? Or does the game just let you play for years and years?

Unai

I'm chugging along on this (about 25 days in)... Should I be worried about any large, end-game goals?

I saw a youtube video online that had an absolutely absurd farm. Are people hex-editing this on PC or something? Or does the game just let you play for years and years?

You can play as long as you want.

You can go infinite it seems.

chewingumrock

Neo Member
This game is amazing. Never played anything like it before.

Reading this thread was my introduction and instantly sold me on picking it up. Now 24 days into Spring and totally hooked. LOVE everything about it. It's relaxing, yet so much to do - so many different ways to play.

Still get sucked into cramming too much into one day and find myself getting stressed out over missing birthdays, etc. (I just missed the dance also!), but trying not to let it get to me. Hopefully I can make up for that stuff in Year 2.

Is there anything else out for Switch that is along the same lines as this? Picked up Golf Story already, but would love to hear about similar games... if they exist.

Also - how will multiplayer work?? Can't really see how that would fit. Definitely intrigued.

Puggles

Just play at your own pace. Don't worry about getting anything done, nothing is time based. I don't even focus on animals or social stuff until year 2 when i have a nice sprinkler setup going.

Zarovitch

Just play at your own pace. Don't worry about getting anything done, nothing is time based. I don't even focus on animals or social stuff until year 2 when i have a nice sprinkler setup going.

That's nice to know, i was wondering if this game stress the player to make more in a short time.

Hyoukokun

Spoilers for mine mechanics:
The ladder locations (and, indeed, the whole mine layout) are random day-to-day. Fairly early on, you'll get a recipe that lets you build a placeable staircase / ladder down from 99 stone. It's worth keeping one of those on hand for emergencies; if you can go down, you can escape combat / bad layout / whatever.
Vague spoilers for romance:
Talk to Harvey regularly; give him gifts and find out what he likes based on his reaction. Make sure to watch for his birthday on the calendar and give him something nice on that day. He's kind of a workaholic, so you'll need to visit him in his clinic.
And finally, spoilers for actually getting married:
There are a bunch of pre-reqs to getting married:

-- Get Harvey to 10 hearts; this means he needs to be your boyfriend first. The game will explain this part.
-- Upgrade your house at least once - this takes a bunch of money and wood with Robin.
-- Repair the bridge to the other side of the beach (this takes 300 more wood; get chopping!)
-- On a rainy day, you'll be able to buy a special item in the far upper-right corner of the beach. Give this to Harvey to get married.

what is the correct way to use Crab Pots?

I'm getting nothing from them, it is winter though not sure how they work

do I have to use something with them?

Razmos

Have a quest to give Sebastian a Jade for 600g, but it's a rainy day and he will not leave his room at all. Despite the wiki saying he does have a schedule on those days. He was in bed, then on his computer and now he is just.. standing there in the middle of the room for no reason.

It's bullshit that you can't just.. knock on a characters door to talk to them if you have a delivery and don't have the required hearts

Spoilers about the mines

So I got all the way to the bottom and found the skeleton key. I thought for sure it was for the sewer but it wasnt. Now I'm trying to find Iridium and think this Key has something to do with it. Do I need to figure out this key to get Iridium? If so, I'm going to go HAM to try to find where it goes. Otherwise, I may wait till it comes up.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Spoilers about the mines

So I got all the way to the bottom and found the skeleton key. I thought for sure it was for the sewer but it wasnt. Now I'm trying to find Iridium and think this Key has something to do with it. Do I need to figure out this key to get Iridium? If so, I'm going to go HAM to try to find where it goes. Otherwise, I may wait till it comes up.

light vague spoilers:

yes, you need the key to get iridium. but the key is used in an area you might not yet have visited.

Ventara

Have a quest to give Sebastian a Jade for 600g, but it's a rainy day and he will not leave his room at all. Despite the wiki saying he does have a schedule on those days. He was in bed, then on his computer and now he is just.. standing there in the middle of the room for no reason.

It's bullshit that you can't just.. knock on a characters door to talk to them if you have a delivery and don't have the required hearts

Dude, if there was some guy you're not familiar with waiting for you right outside your room the whole day, would YOU leave the room? Probably asking GAF what he should do.

Top Bottom