• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley |OT| Resting Under a Harvest Moon [Up: now on PS4]

Am I the only one worried about not having enough time to save the community center? I don't even know where to begin and boy, does time fly!
Havent visit the community since the wizard mission. Saw I need to many material to do anything there and never came back.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

YOU'RE GOD DAMN KIDDING ME

Ok fine, yeah take me down 11 levels if I get killed in the mines

But you get rid of my upgraded sword? Fuck you game. What the hell do I do now.

edit: luckily some decent swords are less than 1000 in the guild but still god damn.

And they also take your money. And dont try to restart the day without going to sleep. The game goes back 2 days instead of one.

Maru is definitely the worst. She reminds me of Toriel from Undertale with the hair.

I would waifu old Maru, but Im stuck with Leah or that Haley brat.

Really hoping we can mod that. I would even do the animations missing for each of the good older designs. ANd yes, now that you say it reminds me to toriel.

The bar gets larger as you skill up (and maybe as you improve rods, too), so naturally you'll want to tackle easy fish near the fishing shack first.

I really doubt that players are meant to keep the bar perfectly on the fish 100% of the time. It can happen, but for jumpier fish it will be a game of catch-up and anticipation.

Once you get a new rod and bait it becomes very straightforward for every fish I've come across--river, lake, ocean, or other. The real test becomes holding onto the fish long enough to get the chests during the fishing minigame.

The bar gets larger with rods (and some hooks). Skill only makes you catch fish with more value (the silver and gold ratings).
The game also gives you perfect if you do that (the fish neves missing the green bar), and it increases a possibility of getting a gold star fish.
I can get perfect for all fish but sturgeons, tunas and the rare special fish (super cucumber, octopuss...).
And then theres the fish king, that only appears in a special place (although many times if you loose it) and not even with level 10 in fishing can get it. I was super close the first time that it appeared (well, the last time I tried to cacth it in the first day it appeared for the first time multiple times), and after that, not even close once. Is super herratic.
Theres a hook that magnets the fish to the bar, but it works horribly for super fast fish (basically, all the hard ones), so i dont even know why the thing even exists (I even catch difficult fish better wihout it). I may need to try the hook that doesnt bounce when you hit the bottom, but maybe is still super difficult even with that.

EDIT JUST NOW
OOOOOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HOLY SHIT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
It was so fucking hard!!!!!
The crown during fishing means legendary fish, probably theres more than 1.

2016-02-29_00004g3kb3.jpg

TheKeyPit

Banned
There's already been a couple patches in the past two days. He's a very active dev. I don't really see why you'd want to wait, especially at its price, it's already very complete and stable. Is there a certain issue you need fixed before you bite?

I wanted to wait, because I have enough games to play, but one of my cousins found out about the game and immeditaley loved it. I'll probably have to buy it now.

The bar gets larger with rods (and some hooks). Skill only makes you catch fish with more value (the silver and gold ratings).
The game also gives you perfect if you do that (the fish neves missing the green bar), and it increases a possibility of getting a gold star fish.
I can get perfect for all fish but sturgeons, tunas and the rare special fish (super cucumber, octopuss...).
And then theres the fish king, that only appears in a special place (although many times if you loose it) and not even with level 10 in fishing can get it. I was super close the first time that it appeared (well, the last time I tried to cacth it in the first day it appeared for the first time multiple times), and after that, not even close once. Is super herratic.
Theres a hook that magnets the fish to the bar, but it works horribly for super fast fish (basically, all the hard ones), so i dont even know why the thing even exists (I even catch difficult fish better wihout it). I may need to try the hook that doesnt bounce when you hit the bottom, but maybe is still super difficult even with that.

Oh... I see you know a lot more than me about fishing. I'm still in Summer of year 1, fishing level 3. I guess I better buckle up for my future fishing sojourns--it does seem OK right now, but I'm only just beginning.

My bad.

Oh... I see you know a lot more than me about fishing. I'm still in Summer of year 1, fishing level 3. I guess I better buckle up for my future fishing sojourns--it does seem OK right now, but I'm only just beginning.

My bad.

Lol, and just as i said the legendary fish was nearly impossible I finally got it.Im soooo happy lol

Fou-Lu

If I am hankering for something similar to Harvest Moon would you guys recommend this or Story of Seasons first?

Mikey Jr.

I dont get the sprinkler setup. Seems fucking dumb. Its this weird 4 adjacent squares. I like to set up my crops in rows. I wish there was some customization with that thing.

Seil

I dont get the sprinkler setup. Seems fucking dumb. Its this weird 4 adjacent squares. I like to set up my crops in rows. I wish there was some customization with that thing.

There are better sprinklers you'll unlock. The Quality Sprinkler is the 8 surrounding tiles. The next one is 24 tiles, I think.

Mikey Jr.

There are better sprinklers you'll unlock. The Quality Sprinkler is the 8 surrounding tiles. The next one is 24 tiles, I think.

Ohh, ok, thats better.

So that will just unlock normally right? I'll wait for those.

Also, another question, whats with the luck thing on tv? What is my luck impacting?

Seil

Ohh, ok, thats better.

So that will just unlock normally right? I'll wait for those.

Also, another question, whats with the luck thing on tv? What is my luck impacting?

I believe they unlock as you increase your farming level. So proactively farming will get them sooner.

I have no idea about the fortune telling show, though.

How hard is this game? My wife loves these style games but she really sucks at gaming in general and would need an easy setting. Also, does it have good cooking?

Guys I need to grow grass like crazy. What's the most effective way to use grass starters?

And by crazy I mean crazy. I have 8 animals and only 83 hay left. Don't wanna spend a buttload of money to buy hay as it'd cost 500 to just buy10.

Ouch, sorry but it's all gone.

Each month is 28 days long and crops are seasonal unless they say specially that they grow in two seasons like corn (grows in summer and fall).

Yep, I was a dumbass and thought they'd still survive and you just couldn't plant them in seasons other than Spring.
Slowly building back up to the money I had before.

Cronee

How hard is this game? My wife loves these style games but she really sucks at gaming in general and would need an easy setting. Also, does it have good cooking?

Overall, the game is pretty easy. Fighting the monsters that reside inside the mines is the only thing I can think of that she may have difficulty with.

JohnCYQ

Started this yesterday, got some questions.

The stuff on the farm - trees/branches/grass etc - is there any reason to avoid clearing them up all at once?

I understand that the grass and maybe trees will grow back overtime, but are there things to avoid or take note of? Like would keeping the tree stump allow the tree to regrow? Avoid cutting down the saplings/small trees? A way to sustain grass growth for hay etc?

I'm trying to save up wood to fix the bridge at the beach and build some other items like more storage chests but I don't want to over-clear or gimp my natural supplies.

Are animals ever really worth it? No seriously, cheese and mayonaise don't really give you that much money. And if you're short on grass you gotta buy hay, which makes them even less worth it.

Basically come winter when grass won't grow, I gotta get rid of all of them or only the chickens which are cheaper I guess.

Are animals ever really worth it? No seriously, cheese and mayonaise don't really give you that much money. And if you're short on grass you gotta buy hay, which makes them even less worth it.

Basically come winter when grass won't grow, I gotta get rid of all of them or only the chickens which are cheaper I guess.

Make a lot of silos to get you through winter. Large eggs and large milk will make quality mayo and cheese.. I assume you can then cook recipes that make you even more money?

Do animals get sick? Havent once had to use the doctor's office.

Ok, maybe it's because it's 3AM or I'm just dumb... what's the deal with the last Fall festival?
Any way to get through that maze?

EDIT: Fuck me, yea, I'm dumb. Why I didn't see this sooner is beyond me. Time for bed I think.

Eh I'm gonna sell the animals come winter. Next year I'll plan it out better but there wasn't enough grass to put into silos, even with putting grass starters.

Also found game crashing bug: during the fall festival the game crashes, did it twice for me. I'm just gonna skip the festival, it isn't even worth it all you can get that's cool, outside of the unique scarecrow, is a fedora and I'm not making my guy into a euphoric douche.

Seil

Eh I'm gonna sell the animals come winter. Next year I'll plan it out better but there wasn't enough grass to put into silos, even with putting grass starters.

Also found game crashing bug: during the fall festival the game crashes, did it twice for me. I'm just gonna skip the festival, it isn't even worth it all you can get that's cool, outside of the unique scarecrow, is a fedora and I'm not making my guy into a euphoric douche.

That sucks. I got through the fair and got all the items. I froze once due to a bug in the fishing minigame, but had no problems the second time.

Edit: Dammit, why do I always do that. Meant to quote then copy so I could edit it in, instead did the whole process x.x

Seil

Thank god, took me 2 months to get to the bottom of but worth every penny because its a literally gold mine once you get those mining buffs.

Yeah. The situation with GOG is that they can't push an update over the weekend unlike Steam =/ Makes me a little glad I went with the steam version first, though I'll probably end up owning both in the end x.x

Midway through Summer, when the season started I had the brilliant idea of planting lot of seeds. It was a stupid idea because I didn't invested on sprinklers so I had to do all the proccess manually wasting 2 hours most of the days, and because I was waiting for the crops my other way of income was fishing and going to the mine but because my stamina was almost at half I had to visit the
bath house
to refill it, at least the money was good.

Now I unlocked the bee houses, so I'm planning to build some of them to help have a steady income, only problem could be when Winter start and the bees stops producing honey.

What happens when the
train is passing through the city?
I didn't reach it in time

Drazgul

I dunno if there's actually anything that happens or not. Nothing happened the two times I was there, it just passed by.

I found some pieces of wood near the tracks afterwards, so I think there's a chance to get some random loot to be dropped from cargo cars.

VandalD

I've been regretting getting this on GOG because of not getting updates over the weekend, but that should be less of an issue as time goes on. A few of the more annoying bugs have made me stop playing for now. This game is a lot of fun though. It's closer to Harvest Moon than Rune Factory, as I expected, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. I'm interested to see if modding takes off. Downloading modded exes from people isn't very appealing to me.

Top Bottom