• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield ESRB rating confirms more of the game

Draugoth

Gold Member
CTIIB2B.jpg

This is an open-world role-playing game in which players assume the role of a miner tasked with finding Artifacts across the galaxy. From first-/third-person perspectives, players interact with various characters, complete quests, and search for supplies while battling enemies (e.g., humans, robots, alien creatures). Players use futuristic guns, lasers, axes, and explosives to kill enemies. Combat is fast-paced, with frequent gunfire, cries of pain, and explosions. Attacks on some enemies can result in blood-splatter effects; several environments depict blood stains on the ground around corpses. The game contains some suggestive material in the dialogue, and after sharing a bed with characters (e.g., “Life is a sexually transmitted disease that's a hundred percent fatal”; “I'm all for getting a little wild, but next time let's try it without the jetpacks”; “Talk about seeing stars, whew… that was amazing.”). A fictional drug (Aurora) is prominent in the game, with a section involving players' characters working in an illicit drug lab; players can also obtain Aurora by stealing or buying it from vendors (consuming Aurora results in a distortion effect on the screen). The words “f**k” and “bullsh*t” appear in the game.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/39293/starfield/

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Space itself is kind of limited to mining and traveling unless you go for fantasy.

But yeah, both games are going for that NASA-punk 70s sci-fi vibe as well.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I do hope that every material can be collected by outposts eventually. It would be good to have some materials with 'risks' so you can lose those employees/companions.

I hope so, building your base in Fallout 4 took as long as the main quest.

killatopak

jimmy fallon lol GIF

NMS had great support and turned into a very good game, I only hope Starfield gets this kind of love after launch
I mean Skyrim is still getting support to this day. I have no doubt about the support coupled with community patches.

I only dislike that the fixes the community made never went into official patches so console releases of Skyrim never got the same stability of their PC counterparts.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
New Skooma confirmed I guess.

killatopak

The writer for this game probably wanted to emulate Michael Kirkbride.

No way that was written without substantial use of acid and hallucinogens.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wait I get to cook Aurora in this.....and get to fuck up drug dealers and steal the Aurora back?

LordCBH

I just want it to be good….but I just don’t trust Bethesda after shitty ass Fallout 76 and mediocre ass Fallout 4….

Eotheod

Actually sounds rather decent. Keen as a sexually transmitted disease to life.

Last edited:

Interfectum

“Life is a sexually transmitted disease that's a hundred percent fatal”

“I'm all for getting a little wild, but next time let's try it without the jetpacks”

“Talk about seeing stars, whew… that was amazing.”

ChatGPT ass dialogue

Oh God Reaction GIF
Had GPT4 re-write them:

"Life is an impassioned journey, birthed through passion, with an inevitable yet unpredictable conclusion."

"I'm all for embracing our adventurous spirit, but perhaps we can explore excitement without jetpacks next time."

"Experiencing a celestial spectacle, wow... that was truly astonishing."

Interfectum

I have some more lines for Todd Howard if he needs them

1. "In the boundless expanse of the cosmos, our quest for power and knowledge shall lead us to the farthest reaches of the unknown."

2. "With the stars as our guide and the universe as our battleground, we shall forge our destiny among the celestial wonders."

3. "Amidst the celestial realms, ancient civilizations and hidden powers await, ready to challenge the bravest of spacefarers."

4. "A cosmic symphony of danger and discovery beckons, as interstellar adventurers rise to conquer the mysteries of the galaxy."

5. "Embrace the cosmic winds and journey to a realm where celestial dragons rule the starry skies, and ancient secrets echo in the stardust."

6. "As we venture through the astral plane, we will encounter ancient relics, alien technologies, and celestial beings that defy imagination."

7. "With the power of interstellar magic and advanced technology, we'll reshape the cosmos, bending the very fabric of space and time."

8. "In the cosmic arena, we shall form alliances with otherworldly beings, defy the darkest forces, and uncover the secrets of the universe."

9. "A galactic odyssey awaits, where each star conceals untold tales of legendary heroes, ancient battles, and long-forgotten civilizations."

10. "In this vast interstellar frontier, heroes are forged, legends are born, and the cosmos shall tremble before our unparalleled might."

hlm666

Once you assemble the artifacts it opens a gateway, BFG Division starts playing and Doom guy steps out and you get a trailer playing doom forever. Pity they arn't all using the same engine to pull something like that off, it would definitely get tongues wagging for better or worse.

Last edited:

knguyen

Confirms broken release and year of updates to fix it as well?
They're going to show carefully edited gameplay videos to hype the games to the rooftop, pay those annoying social media influencer to post positive videos about the game.The "gamers" will be fooled to preorder or buy this game at launch, when people find out the game is broken at release, it will be too late, millions already bought the game. Rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom