• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield on Playstation 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The game being on PC makes non-exclusive in my opinion.. exclusive would be if it was Xbox console only, which would sell a lot more boxes

True to a point, but you need a pretty decent pc to play it. And there is still a very large group that does zero PC gaming, so it still had some serious value for ms as a console exclusive.

TexMex

I'm a little surprised at the amount of people who think this is impossible. I fully expect it even. MS publishes other would be exclusives on all platforms and are radically moving to a model where they don't care where you play their games, they just want you in their eco system. A year or two from now when the inevitable Starfield "GOTY Edition" drops, you guys really think they'd pass on the opportunity to sell millions of copies of this game at $70 a pop to Playstation exclusive consumers?

yurinka

I think their plan is to release it on PS a year or two later after -unsucessfully- trying to make it profitable on Xbox and PC due to having it day one on GP.

I think that after having hundreds of millions of loses with multiple big games they'll have too much pressure and will start porting games like Starfiled to PS.

Until they announce it for PS they'll keep saying it's exclusive.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
With the powers of the SSD you will lands on the plarnets in real times

5cV.gif

Killjoy-NL

If it hasn't happened, it's not going to.

Microsoft looked at the projected Playstation sales and said "nah, fuck it". They're not going back now.
MS made a gamble when looking at the projected PS sales, thinking Starfield exclusivity would make Xbox more competitive.

It would sell more on PS by default.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
I used to think so, but Phil has made it pretty damn clear that he wants high-profile exclusives for Xbox. So… not impossible, but I’m not expecting it.

The bigger question will be whether TES VI comes to PS5/6…/7.

Leo9

I think their plan is to release it on PS a year or two later after -unsucessfully- trying to make it profitable on Xbox and PC due to having it day one on GP.

I think that after having hundreds of millions of loses with multiple big games they'll have too much pressure and will start porting games like Starfiled to PS.

Until they announce it for PS they'll keep saying it's exclusive.
Steam sales alone will make the game profitable. Microsoft is not desperate to generate more revenue and the company is willing to play the long game.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Do you think Microsoft and Bethesda will develop Starfield on Playstation 5 sometime in the future?

The game would be available on Gamepass for Microsoft users while on Playstation 5 the game only would be available full price for 70$.

Could be wrong but …

Cyberpunkd

Do you think Microsoft and Bethesda will develop Starfield on Playstation 5 sometime in the future?

The game would be available on Gamepass for Microsoft users while on Playstation 5 the game only would be available full price for 70$.
They will start working on it once the release ESVI on PlayStation. Trust me, my uncle works at Bethesda.

Cyberpunkd

I personally think it will...eventually. When Starfield becomes total shovelware like Skyrim is now (you can play it on 50 different devices/appliances). My guess is between 2-5 years when all the hype dies down it will be announced for multiple platforms, not just Sony. Basically a GOTY Edition so they can soak up all the remaining cash.
Do you see first Fable, Forza, Halo making its way to PlayStation? There’s your answer.

Rea

Some do, some don’t. No guarantees..

Also, never day 1 on PC.
LoL, most of their best selling games are already on PC. Most of their games are now being ported by Nixxes, and many games on the way.
Never Day 1( **yet**)
Even if not day1, doesn't really matter, PC has tons of games to play while waiting for PS exclusives to land on PC.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

PeteBull

The only, very unrealistic scenario is MS console business flops even more than now, and they decide to stop being platform holder, then around 2028-2030 once we got ps6 we will get starfield remaster with 4k texture pack and maybe some tiny improvements akin to skyrim remaster we got.
So even in that very vague scenario it wont come to ps5 but ps6.
Aka it had to be path virtua fighter took to reach sony consoles, but not VF4 to ps2 rather VF5 to ps3.

TonyK

I hope so, game is amazing (15 hours in). But then I want The Last of Us and God of War in Xbox! An Zelda! I wish there were only one format like for cinema.

skyfall

I can't go into too much detial, but I have a family member who works at Starfield and I can confirm there will be a version of Starfield coming to playstation, it will be in line with the launch of the Playstation 6

Last edited:
Should have been on there from day one. God damn sellouts! God damn buyouts!

Anyway, we got plenty of good games over here too.

emivita

I'm actually more interested in a Switch 2 version, and I think there's a chance in a couple years or so.

Osthyvel

Well, we all know Bethesda. We are in for goty edt, special anniversary edt, super mega bundle edt, skyrim/starfield bundle, Skyrim/starfield goty bundle, switch 2 version, ps5 (of course) and etc etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom