• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starz lands 'Black Samurai' series starring Common and produced by RZA

I was super excited until I read common.

Dude sucks the life out of everything he is in for me.

I say that as someone who loved The Man With The Iron Fists.

I was super excited until I read common.

Dude sucks the life out of everything he is in for me.

I say that as someone who loved The Man With The Iron Fists.

Damn, I refuse to believe Common is THAT bad.

On the low, I kinda enjoyed The Man with The Iron Fists too. I only wish the the fighting/action sequences were better shot.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Common is a horrible actor, but it could still be good if the supporting cast is strong. Hopefully it'll be able to live up to the legacies of Black Sails or Spartacus. Starz needs a good new action/adventure show.

Common was pretty good in John Wick 2.

But I heard that Iron Fist movie was wack...

Iron Fist wasn't good, but it's enjoyable.

RZA was terrible in his role though, he had absolutely no chemistry at all with Jamie Chung. Them being in love with each other was hilarious.

Iron Fist wasn't good, but it's enjoyable.

RZA was terrible in his role though, he had absolutely no chemistry at all with Jamie Chung. Them being in love with each other was hilarious.

Iron Fists felt like a movie shot while none of the actors were in the same room as any of the other actors. Even during action sequences.

I mean, if it only requires some physical talent, Common's got that nailed down in John Wick 2. It's not a role that required any particularly demanding acting chops though, so I can't really speak on his talents in that respect.

D i Z

Commons best work was in Hell on Wheels. And it took him a long time to grow into the part.

Why is Common not liked here? Ever since his performance in Hell on Wheels, I always thought he was a great actor.

Cos nobody watched that show or know what he did in it. His movie work is shit in comparison, but he grew on HoW. Still, he's only got that one as a positive.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It'll also be interesting to see how long Common stays attached to this - he was the co-lead of Hell on Wheels for 3 seasons until he decided to just up and leave in order to work on a new album, which left his character in the lurch.

riotous

Banned
Why is Common not liked here? Ever since his performance in Hell on Wheels, I always thought he was a great actor.

I've never even heard of that show; I just know he was terrible in Terminator Salvation and barely passable in John Wick 2. IMO of course; just so many better actors out there.

I respect RZA for doing shit like this, but dude needs to just be an executive producer. He can give a general idea of how it should look, but let someone else handle heavy lifting on writing and directing please.

I say this as someone who greatly enjoy Man with the Iron Fist.

Top Bottom