• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm not one to complain about the Humble Bundle usually.

However, that is probably the worst bundle I have ever seen on any indie bundle website.

trash

Heroes & Generals (Early Access) — Weekend Warrior Pack
9HDCZ77D4QKDR1NO0Y

WildStar — Jumpstart Pack
5X7DQEPBX0K9XN19CTOD

Stronghold Kingdoms — Humble Kingmaker Bundle
3305-8CB4-FAFC-AC3F

Curse Premium 30-day subscription
DAD4-DD9A-3DCE-439D

And just ignore crazyrabbits, it's just not worth your time. Did the same thing with me a couple of weeks ago and just tried to shut down conversation that they initially started.

I love you too, Dogg.

AHA-Lambda

This Humble Bundle is so bad GMG wouldn't even sell it in their 7 games for $5 mystery bundle.

tumblr_m2r10gOdRn1qlrxk7o2_r1_500.gif

L.O.R.D

so , the new humble bundle is giving a starter pack for F2P games ?
and i guess , there must be expiration date to use those codes, it most be.

zkylon

zkylewd
Put everyone on ignore that doesn't talk about Seahorse or tea :p
i wonder if there's an ignore list cap

cos it's getting kinda crowded there lol

but hey u gotta do what u gotta do if ppl are dicks

And just ignore crazyrabbits, it's just not worth your time. Did the same thing with me a couple of weeks ago and just tried to shut down conversation that they initially started.
yeah i'm not too troubled, i kinda got more riled up than i should but mostly cos i think skipping dead money sounds depressing

What the fuck is happening to all the bundle sites?
Do devs don't want to bundle anything anymore?
Groupees, Gala, Humble... Anything that isn't Bundlestars has gone down the drain.
as someone that's planning on doing indie games, i wish i don't ever have to bundle it and i just can sell it full price with minor discounts like darkest dungeon, kerbal, etc.

people buying my game for pennies for the +1s and never playing it is not really what i make my game for

Tier 1: Teemo, Mundo, 200 IP,
gross

ViviOggi

Is there a way to get rid of ingame vsync (i.e. input lag) while not introducing tearing in SFV? Tried forcing triple buffering through D3DOverrider which didn't work, and borderless window mode gives me pretty heavy microstrutter despite fps staying at a 100% locked 60.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anybody want to spit the bundle down the middle? I just want the Steam keys for the DLC.

im not even sure how that bundle is appealing to a normal human being.

Who is sitting around, wondering if they should jump in on this bundle because they would love to start playing like 6 f2p games at once

I play a lot of Smite and that is a hard to get skin so $5 ain't bad for it but there is nothing else in that bundle for me so I don't think it's worth it.

Endruen

I wonder how many ppl are buying the next one just for Ark and are planning to resell all the indie stuff (yeah I know ark is technically also an indie).
Well, I'm thinking about getting it for ARK so I can gift it to my girlfriend and have someone to play with and keeping the other ones if I'm interested. Just the opposite XD
But it's a great deal, I bought it in summer for 16€ (the lowest recorded if I recall correctly), so 12$ + 5 games is awesome.
That bundle freaking blows

That's like a bad weekly bundle posing as a main bundle.

They're not even adding anything next week, lol.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

It's going to be $20 soon (like in a matter of hours/minutes maybe) so if anyone wants to get it, essentially half off - now is the time!

Reposting for the new page.
Heard it's quite good! I personally don't know though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I need a good flu game, minimal usage of the brain or the nervous system in general, but still nice enough to be more interesting than other bored-to-death typical flu activities, like trying to pick up a duvet from the floor with your ass.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Dolphin emulator sees big speed improvements with official DirectX 12 support

In December, a member of the Dolphin community introduced an unofficial work-in-progress DirextX 12 backend for the GameCube/Wii emulator, claiming up to a 50% performance increase over DirectX 11. In just a couple months, that DX12 support has gone from side project to being implemented into the master build of its Dolphin emulator.

Dolphin, which has been an open source project since 2008, normally requires a GPU that supports DirectX 11.1 or OpenGL 4.4. User "hdcmeta" on the Dolphin forums experimented with adding a DirectX 12 backend, and it ended up being good enough to fully implement into Dolphin.

According to results from tests performed by users on the forums, the update mostly conforms to the existing DX11 backend, and provides decent performance gains over DX11 most of the time on both Nvidia and AMD GPUs, especially at 4K resolutions.

Gk3mqMd.jpg

The new backend is mostly based on the existing one. According to the description, "the main areas of divergence are resource binding and state management." Hdcmeta also wrote their own background thread to perform graphics processing, as it needs to be done manually on DX12 compared to DX11 and OpenGL drivers where it is done automatically.

VQfa6CE.jpg

This doesn't mean the DX12 backend is finished; it's still in development, and there's still work to be done on compatibility and bugfixing in the future. But its integration into the master build of Dolphin is exciting news, because that means it will be included in the upcoming 'stable' 5.0 build of the emulator, which will have a content freeze in place to allow the dev team to polish the stable release. Also, it's interesting to see an open source project like Dolphin introduce one of the very first implementations of DirextX 12, and to see such significant performance improvements come along with it. Ashes of the Singularity and Fable Legends both support DX12, but are still in Early Access/beta development.

Ozium

I need a good flu game, minimal usage of the brain or the nervous system in general, but still nice enough to be more interesting than other bored-to-death typical flu activities, like trying to pick up a duvet from the floor with your ass.

humble bundle got u covered bruv

Sch1sm

GMG sounds like it has lived long enough to become the villain. What a shame.

What I can't comprehend is why they don't use the Humble method - don't show us the key immediately, and let us refund if we need to so long as we haven't revealed the key. That's the only reason they ever give for not being able to refund, since we've seen the key, and yet they continue this to trap us into a transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom