• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoemonk

Thanks for Asylum, it's the only game in the Bundle that I cared for and didn't already have.

edit: How do you redeem these humble bundle keys now? I thought it's "https://www.humblebundle.com/?s=<keygoeshere>" but I just get a blank notepad-looking page after entering in the code and link.
edit2: Nevermind it's "https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key="

Enjoy. Sorry, I would have put the link in but had seen it in several posts. My fault.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank you for the giveaways and telling us we could send links as "keys" for the giveaways JaseC, helps a lot.

Guys, I'm buying Ghosts.

To be able to play MP.

With a girl.

That has a boyfriend.

Enjoy the friend
battle
zone.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Steam's efforts to improve the downloader continue in the new client beta:
General

Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
Add option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting)
Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
Add 'Copy all text to clipboard' context menu option in the System Information dialog.

Steam client UI

Improve downloading status text at the bottom of the main window

Big Picture

Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
Fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn't moved

Linux

Fix paste pasting stale text.
Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.

Nearly 50 hours in Resident Evil 6.

I have to wonder why my most-played RE games are the most unpopular amongst hardcore fans of the series (RE5, RE6)

FOX_

Neo Member
Speaking of love blooming on battlefields, I wonder how long MGS Ground Zeroes for PC will be delayed...seeing as the console versions are coming out next spring. As long as there's a Steam release, I'll be content...well, as content as I can be without my dear David Hayter. :(

Speaking of love blooming on battlefields, I wonder how long MGS Ground Zeroes for PC will be delayed...seeing as the console versions are coming out next spring. As long as there's a Steam release, I'll be content...well, as content as I can be without my dear David Hayter. :(

David Hayter voice mods
i can see it now

I have to wonder why my most-played RE games are the most unpopular amongst hardcore fans of the series (RE5, RE6)

50 HOURS!?! Holy moly. I wanted to shoot myself after I finished it in 27 hours. I'd rather go through RE 5 on professional mode with the AI than play through that boring repetitive mess again.

DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH!

-_-

So many great ideas but terrible execution.

jediyoshi

50 HOURS!?! Holy moly. I wanted to shoot myself after I finished it in 27 hours. I'd rather go through RE 5 on professional mode with the AI than play through that boring repetitive mess again.

DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH! DEBORAH!

-_-

So many great ideas but terrible execution.

I'm guessing it's actually a scenario like mine where the fat bulk of the game time was spent in mercs mode. I don't think either single player campaigns warrant much replaying, but the expanded abilities in RE6 make it infinitely more fun outside of SP.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam's efforts to improve the downloader continue in the new client beta:

Valve really needs to add a window for easily controlling auto-update settings across a larger library. The one that pops up when adding a non-Steam shortcut would be perfect:

autoupdates5noaa.jpg

You could quickly enable/disable auto-updates across all games or de/select particular titles as desired.

Jawmuncher

Im in the same boat.
I love RE and my most played are 5 and 6.
I can understand some of the hate people have towards them. Hell 6 isn't perfect.
But I do think they get an unfair shake sometimes.

Resident Evil 4 is never coming to Steam, is it guys? I saw RE5 and RE6 talk and got nostalgic.

Speaking of RE5 any word on if GFWL is leaving soon or whether or not Gold Edition will finally go on Steam instead of standard?

Tizoc

Resident Evil 4 is never coming to Steam, is it guys? I saw RE5 and RE6 talk and got nostalgic.

Speaking of RE5 any word on if GFWL is leaving soon or whether or not Gold Edition will finally go on Steam instead of standard?

Isn't a weak-ass port of RE4 already on Steam?

Grief.exe

Before Sven left Capcom he was pushing Japan for a RE1-4 Steam release, and he did say he was making headway. He just got fed up and quit after he got tired of the ridiculous decisions coming out of the country.

Capcom support told a couple people that they will remove GFWL from their games, no official word other than that.

Isn't a weak-ass port of RE4 already on Steam?

Nope, the original PC version is not available digitally at all.

JaseC

Not unless Capcom decides to port RE4 HD.

Jawmuncher

Capcom pulling something cool like the old RE games on Steam just isn't going to happen. We haven't even got Dragon's Dogma with the success of Dark Souls on PC should've clued them into doing that.

JaseC

Capcom pulling something cool like the old RE games on Steam just isn't going to happen. We haven't even got Dragon's Dogma with the success of Dark Souls on PC should've clued them into doing that.

Dragon's Dogma PC will happen eventually.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Guys, I'm buying Ghosts.

To be able to play MP.

With a girl.

That has a boyfriend.

Buy ghosts get disappointed
then play with girl act like you're having fun
then get disappointed after you're done playing and realize you can't go out with her cause she got a bf already.

Alright man
mvgame.png

jediyoshi

I'd happily take a RE5 complete over RE4 HD. Missing content from other platforms is the worst, I can get over the latter by emulating the Wii version which is ironically superior to the PC port.

I'd happily take a RE5 complete over RE4 HD. Missing content from other platforms is the worst, I can get over the latter by emulating the Wii version which is ironically superior to the PC port.
Seriously. I'm still bitter about the RE5 DLC not coming to PC. :mad: And that RE4 port is horribly optimized, like. . . I have what would be considered a low-end laptop, but if I can run RE5 above 30 frames (High in DX10 mode) at at least 720p then I would assume I could do the same or better in RE4. Nooooooooope. Makes me mad I bothered to track it down.

Grief.exe

My take on it is DLC is almost never worth playing through, I would much rather have a game available on PC that currently isn't available digitally.

Seriously. I'm still bitter about the RE5 DLC not coming to PC. :mad: And that RE4 port is horribly optimized, like. . . I have what would be considered a low-end laptop, but if I can run RE5 above 30 frames (High in DX10 mode) at at least 720p then I would assume I could do the same or better in RE4. Nooooooooope. Makes me mad I bothered to track it down.

Would not want the original PC port though. Port over the Wii or HD version.

That would be so great but I don't think they'll do it in the near future because it requires online infrastructure for the Pawn and Ur-Dragon stuff. I'd probably buy it day 1 though.

Just leave it off, doesn't seem like a truly compelling feature anyways.

Xanathus

The Pawn stuff is very, very essential to Dragon's Dogma. There's too much to explain in just text but basically the AI party members in Dogma are the best open-world RPG AIs I've ever seen, and having customized AIs by other players makes it way better. Also without online pawns you won't be able to trade stuff with other players.

FOX_

Neo Member
My take on it is DLC is almost never worth playing through, I would much rather have a game available on PC that currently isn't available digitally.

Agreed, I still hear nightmarish tales about the original PC port...

JaseC

That would be so great but I don't think they'll do it in the near future because it requires online infrastructure for the Pawn and Ur-Dragon stuff. I'd probably buy it day 1 though.

Maybe Capcom can partner with Microsoft to make the game Win8-exclusive in exchange for some Azure servers. :p

Mercs Reunion, Lost in Nightmares, and Desperate Escape add more than your average throwaway DLC, but I do agree with you there.

Oh, for sure. The Wii version ported to PC with mouse support in place of Wiimote controls would be pretty great.

mrgone

Groupees Be Mine X is live:

$1: Electronic Super Joy + OST, Shelter, Last Knight

$5: All $1 games plus Call of Juarez, Face Noir, Legends of Dawn, Finding Teddy, and a yet unnamed mystery game

JaseC

Groupeespares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Shelter -- MB-257328D123D7122E - Taken by LiquidSolid
Call of Juarez -- MB-873C133F774CFD5B - Taken by Blablurn
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-AD06C51483974965 - Taken by KenOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom