• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, wasted 14gigs of bandwidth it seems. Can't get EoLC to run on Windows 8 at all but can get normal GTA4 to run.

Fucking Rockstar and their piece of shit. Shouldn't have listened to Stallion. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know why I bought this:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C8BB3861337E718C - Taken by creamsugar
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-685758FB324DA74C - Taken by WavekSra
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-4F03B55C3470D63C - Taken by Cth
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-74C39AB9C1C2CCD0 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
FEAR 2 Project Origin -- MB-10C078279C09DD0D - Taken by neoism
FEAR 3 -- MB-CC5F0629099B3E05 - Taken by InfiniteNine

JaseC

Seriously? But... but why WB... why? I really hate when they replace the vanilla version with the GOTY ones!!

Seriously. :( The frustrating thing is that if there were no key redemption issues then it would have been too late to make any changes to the subs since at that point you'd be stealing games, but the mess gave enough time for WB to change its mind.

Thanks for F.E.A.R. 3 Jase! It's the only one I don't own so much appreciated.
Thanks Jace for Scribblenauts!

I really appreciate it!
Thanks for Batman, JaseC

No worries. :)

How do you get the keys? I just get links to send.

Just use the gift links as "keys".

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey, I just noticed: The new gifting system for HumbleBndle purchases is retroactively applied to the Team17 pack.

So if you lost some games when buying that (because you already had them when you clicked redeem), they should be available for gifting.

That was a nice surprise.

neoemonk

I come bearing gifts

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-1E63C37541C50EF3 - Taken by Xanathus

Here's a weird theoretical question:

If a free to play game get's pulled from Steam, and you don't have it installed but have purchased DLC, you still wouldn't be able to redownload would you?

Yeah, they give you a better version for free, they should burn in hell.

I already own the GOTY version, but I wanted the vanilla version for my collection :)

Seriously. :( The frustrating thing is that if there were no key redemption issues then it would have been too late to make any changes to the subs since at that point you'd be stealing games, but the mess gave enough time for WB to change its mind.

Man that makes me sad, because I thought that there was a small opportunity to add BAA vanilla to my collection, well I think I need to deal with it, at least I have the GOTY version...

JaseC

Thanks for FEAR 2 JaseC may Sorsay Runon and you find love :p <3

Haha, well if it ever happens, I'll have you to thank. :p

Thanks Jase! Deep down, you just wanted to share the love. ;)

Enjoy!

Hey, I just noticed: The new gifting system for HumbleBndle purchases is retroactively applied to the Team17 pack.

So if you lost some games when buying that (because you already had them when you clicked redeem), they should be available for gifting.

That was a nice surprise.

And on that note:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Worms Armageddon -- MB-BA21C8B562BB2179 - Taken by DXLelouch153
Alien Breed Complete Pack -- MB-3ACF88D2E6669A10 - Taken by Declarius
Worms Revolution Gold -- MB-45C3C01E9EF0F9D4 - Taken by Nabs
Worms Pinball -- MB-4A0C2099E6FDF874 - Taken by KenOD
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-706F1994C0B551CF - Taken by almostheathen
Worms Blast -- MB-87C93D9008633375 - Taken by didamangi

jediyoshi

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/metroforsteam#announcements/detail/1927832692600813036

Steam Metro skin 3.4 out

General:

Added Support for Latest Steam Beta
Changed Text Boxes to a Darker Color
Fixed Dropdown Menu Borders

Chat Window:
Overhauled Voice Chat
Updated Group Chat for Parity
Reduced Group Chat Splitter to 4px

Details View:
Slightly Lowered List Opacity
Added Purchase Icon
Changed Playtime Stats to Segoe UI Semibold
Moved Screenshots Above News
Changed Sidebar Tag Title Text Style
Reduced Size of Panel Title Text
Reduced Size of Sidebar Title Text
Reduced Locked Achievement Image Size to Match Avatars
Reduced Locked Achievement Spacing to 4px
Reduced Avatar Spacing to 4px

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Steam Metro skin isn't bad right? At a glance it looks like a terrible PSN Store lookalike and that look was godawful

So after I finally got it to stop running in 50hz, Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands is quite good. It took some time getting used to the different feel in the platforming compared to the other Sands of Time games, but I'm liking being back in the
One True
Prince's shoes again. Yuri Lowenthal not doing the the weird VO he did in Two Thrones is a plus as well. Combat is still kinda wonky so far. It being dodge only seems odd when the counter mechanic was so good in past titles.

I just got rewind so we'll see how I like it going forward.

Nabs

Woops. I already own Worms Revolution. When the fuck did I buy Worms Revolution?

Thanks JaseC, but go ahead and nuke that. Sorry about that!

didamangi

Have fun guys!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

FEAR 2 Project Origin -- MB-487DD7D9977D638E - Taken by Aaron
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-89C4495184EFF6CD - Taken by nightstorm

Haha, well if it ever happens, I'll have you to thank. :p
Enjoy!
And on that note:

Thanks JaseC :)

If I bought, let's say some pinball tables for the Pinball Arcade, would that attach the game to my account (meaning it would stay in my game list)?
I'm not sure how Pinball Arcade works. They use an in-game store that accepts Steam wallet apparently, but if those purchases end up under the DLC tab within its Steam properties it should be okay.

Xanathus

I come bearing gifts

Thanks for Asylum, it's the only game in the Bundle that I cared for and didn't already have.

edit: How do you redeem these humble bundle keys now? I thought it's "https://www.humblebundle.com/?s=<keygoeshere>" but I just get a blank notepad-looking page after entering in the code and link.
edit2: Nevermind it's "https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key="

neoemonk

After the Nvidia driver update last week, I've been having kind of a weird minor issue with Dark Souls. I'm running the most recent DSFix, and when I run in windowed mode I get a flash on my screen periodically. When I get the flash, the game loses input for that instant, which is really only noticeable when I try to parry or when I'm running (it makes me jump if it happens when I'm running).

It doesn't happen in full screen mode either, only windowed. Running Windows 8.1 Pro. GTX 670 FTW is my card. Didn't have the issue before the update.

Again, not a huge issue, just curious if anyone else is experiencing it.

JaseC

thx for Armageddon
Thank you JaseC<3.
Thanks JaseC :)
Thanks for Alien Breed.

No worries. :)

Woops. I already own Worms Revolution. When the fuck did I buy Worms Revolution?

Thanks JaseC, but go ahead and nuke that. Sorry about that!

Worms Revolution and the DLC, apparently! Does nuking work with URLs? I sent a nuke request and waited a minute, but my attempt to re-register the key with ModBot failed.

eyeless

is there a way to make it so the new metro for steam doesn't dim the grid icons of uninstalled games it looks fucking terrible i don't know why anyone would think it would be a good idea

i didn't upgrade just cause of that but now a steam update has fucked up the downloads page

Dec

Skins don't change the appearance of the store, just the window treatment. If you already bare with the default skin, it's a step up.

Am I the only one that prefers default Steam? Air and Metro are meh. The only skin I've found that rivals default is PixelVision.

Am I the only one that prefers default Steam? Air and Metro are meh. The only skin I've found that rivals default is PixelVision.
Regular ol' default Steam suits all my functional needs, I never cared about trying anything else because I don't need an extra step of installing updated skins every time Steam fiddles with something in the UI.

Xanathus

Regular ol' default Steam suits all my functional needs, I never cared about trying anything else because I don't need an extra step of installing updated skins every time Steam fiddles with something in the UI.

I prefer the Metro skin but I had to disable it because I'm using the Steam beta client and the skin isn't updated to handle the changes made to the new Steam download menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom