• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

So this Red Faction: Armageddon game, it's actually pretty fun. Who knew!
Word. Maybe because I was coming at it pessimistically, but I'm really enjoying it as well. Definitely not the Guerrilla 2 I would've also wanted, I suppose. They didn't quite drop the ball on losing the fun destruction bits as much as I thought they would.

Xint

So, just played the Risen 2 beta. And after playing a while, a sign just comes up in the middle of the screen with "end". Does it really end after like an hour? Just barely had time to try out combat, got pretty much no skills or anything.

svegis

I was browsing SPUF for another reason, but I stumbled onto this thread, which, for anyone that might have the site blocked or whatever, tells of another bundle coming up. Redirects me to this page, but no date or anything. The only clue as to what will be in there is in the thread, but how true that is, I can't say until the bundle goes live. Supposed game list below -

Sol Survivor
Greed Corp
RuneSpell
Dead Horde
Booster Trooper

I checked out gamingallthetime a bit quickly, it seems like an honest thing,
"We are a group of committed gamers dedicated to sharing the latest gaming related information. We’ve been playing games for a long, long time and look forward to passing along any and all knowledge which we’ve obtained along the way."

But after the other bundles lately, I can imagine people feeling a bit uncertain to jump onto yet another, to me, unknown page and bundle. Tried to find out which payment options there'll be, but haven't found anything yet. Delete/ignore if already posted in this or another thread.

The_End

I was browsing SPUF for another reason, but I stumbled onto this thread, which, for anyone that might have the site blocked or whatever, tells of another bundle coming up. Redirects me to this page, but no date or anything. The only clue as to what will be in there is in the thread, but how true that is, I can't say until the bundle goes live. Supposed game list below -

Sol Survivor
Greed Corp
RuneSpell
Dead Horde
Booster Trooper

I checked out gamingallthetime a bit quickly, it seems like an honest thing,
"We are a group of committed gamers dedicated to sharing the latest gaming related information. We’ve been playing games for a long, long time and look forward to passing along any and all knowledge which we’ve obtained along the way."

But after the other bundles lately, I can imagine people feeling a bit uncertain to jump onto yet another, to me, unknown page and bundle. Tried to find out which payment options there'll be, but haven't found anything yet. Delete/ignore if already posted in this or another thread.

If that's true, I'll probably skip that one. I already own the first three games on that list. Dead Horde looks like crap and booster trooper looks so-so but I could get that for cheap the next Steam sale.

If you don't already own Sol Survivor though, I'd recommend buying that bundle just for that game alone.

JustinBB7

My wtf moment of the day: All this time I was thinking that I'd be able to use one of my Valve coupons on "Portal 2 - The Final Hours". Turns out it's a Geoff Keighley thing and not a Valve thing, and I didn't get any 50% off Geoff Keighley coupons.

Are you joking? Isn't that like 1 euro/dollar?

mrgone

Whoa, don't know how I missed that. We must be getting Noitu Love 2, since he's not done with The Iconoclasts, as far as I know and everything else of his is free.

That'd be pretty great! Last I'd heard it'd been rejected for something to do with Multimedia Fusion. Maybe a Steam overlay thing?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Final Hours of Portal 2 is such a great read. It's hard to believe Portal 2 as we know it was content complete in just two years, and I hope Valve do something with the promising-but-ultimately-inappropriate F-STOP mechanic, whatever it is.

The Final Hours of Half-Life 3, please, Keighley. Or, better yet, another Raising the Bar.

StuBurns

Banned
Keighley's Final Hours are always great, HL2's was awesome.

I really want him to do a piece on LMNO, everything about that project is bizarre and fascinating.

Exuro

i also got a key and i am downloading right now, even tho i am not a prime member since 2 weeks. how is that possible?
Dang wish this happened to me. Been a while since I had prime though. Are you guys able to talk about Risen 2 or is an NDA under effect?

Is there a reason I haven't seen many of you guys in my XBMC thread? I actually expected Steam-GAF to be all over it considering we have a sad-session about Big Picture Mode every few months. Here's a taste:

Tess3ract

Banned

MRORANGE

Is there a reason I haven't seen many of you guys in my XBMC thread? I actually expected Steam-GAF to be all over it considering we have a sad-session about Big Picture Mode every few months. Here's a taste:

I used to use xbmc for movies, but trying it work with my wmc remote was a bit of a pain, had to use a 3rd party application and even then I could not map out the keys as I wanted.

Cool looking but Steam for me is minimal or nothing

That's not a Steam skin, that's my games library displaying within XBMC. It's a substitute for Big Picture Mode for people who want to have their PC hooked up to the TV and use something other than KB/M to control it.

I used to use xbmc for movies, but trying it work with my wmc remote was a bit of a pain, had to use a 3rd party application and even then I could not map out the keys as I wanted.

My thread is all about using a 360 controller so you can turn your PC into a true HD console, so if you have one of those you can get bizzy.

Thing is I don't use XBMC for PC games.

Then what the hell is wrong with you?!

zkylon

zkylewd

What's that skin called? Looks much better than default, but I don't I'll ever succumb to couch mode. I just like installing pointless things I'll never touch again in my computer. Though that was what I thought when i first installed Steam...

Dambrosi

Banned
Hey, can anyone give me an informed opinion on Serious Sam 2? I watched the movie, thought it looked interesting but a little "Xbox-y" (if that makes any sense, like the UI was made for 480p or something), and need a friendly nod either way - yay, or nay, even for £2.38?

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the Risen 2 beta (and yes, that NDA is scary as fuck), but I signed up for the IGN Prime free trial to get free King Arthur, Rochard and lifetime 15% off at Gamersgate (ridiculous to get all that for free!) - but wasn't the trial only meant to last a week? So why did I get an email about this, and how am I downloading the beta right now?

Or is it one of those things never spoken of aloud in these hallowed halls of GAFhalla, lest it bring down the sky upon our heads? In which case, I'll shut up about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom