• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizbuka

Banned
Guess I'm a little late here, but if anyone wants a coupon PM me your Steam ID.

-10% Paradox
-50% RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
-50% Grand Theft Auto IV Complete
-25% Valve

When did Rockstar add OSX support for GTAVC and GTASA??? Downloading now, wonder how they run on my MBA.

One or two weeks ago (on Steam), iirc. They added OSX support for GTA III as well. But it looks like that they were available as retail since 2010 and on the App Store since last summer.

Dambrosi

Banned
If anyone wants to actually buy one of those Brazillian Renegade Ops 5-packs, put me down for a copy. I have PayPal. PM me.

Oh, and any more yays or nays on Serious Sam 2 before the offer runs out in 21 hours?

Beth Cyra

Hey guys, I've had an issue with Saint's Row the third lately.

I have the game downloaded and installed and yet it keeps trying to install for no reason and then of course Steam is like no go.

Last time I deleted local content and then reinstalled, but given this is twice now I'm wondering what the prob is.

I did q google search for most commom problems with the game and didn't rely see anyone with this issue so I started to wonder if it was my comp and steam acting up and so I figured I would ask here thinking I would at least get a yes or no on the Steam side of things.

I have the game downloaded and installed and yet it keeps trying to install for no reason and then of course Steam is like no go.

Last time I deleted local content and then reinstalled, but given this is twice now I'm wondering what the prob is.

I did q google search for most commom problems with the game and didn't rely see anyone with this issue so I started to wonder if it was my comp and steam acting up and so I figured I would ask here thinking I would at least get a yes or no on the Steam side of things.

Open your Steam folder and search for *.blob, then delete every file. If that doesn't fix it you may have to reinstall Steam, but make sure to copy your SteamApps directory before you do since it sounds like the actual game files are okay.

Edit: *.blob not *.gcf

Beth Cyra

Open your Steam folder and search for *.blob, then delete every file. If that doesn't fix it you may have to reinstall Steam, but make sure to copy your SteamApps directory before you do since it sounds like the actual game files are okay.

Edit: *.blob not *.gcf

Sadly that didn't work. Thanks for the try though, I will give Steam a reinstall.

jediyoshi

What exactly is happening? You try launching the game through the Steam library and it brings an error message?

Beth Cyra

What exactly is happening? You try launching the game through the Steam library and it brings an error message?

Yeah, then it says trying to install it and gives me the message/window

Completing Installation....0% the hangs up until saying Steam servers are busy Error Code(3).

eldoon

New indie bundle coming soon
http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/26/indie-face-kick-and-be-mine-join-indie-bundle-scene/

The second new bundle is rather more mysterious. It’s called Indie Face Kick, and is currently under close wraps, but SteamGifts reportedly discovered the list erroneously publicly listed on the organisers’ Steam group page, since edited.

The pack is expected to include Booster Trooper, Dead Horde, Greed Corp, RuneSpell and Sol Suvivor.

Greed Corp (Is in IndieGala right now)
RuneSpell (Was in an IndieRoyale)

teiresias

Is anyone having trouble subscribing to new mods (Skyrim) today? Anything new I try to subscribe to causes the mod sync to crash with a "Steam Error 16" - though it doesn't seem to crash the launcher itself.

I swear, Valve needs to get their crap in order.

Joe Molotov

Is anyone having trouble subscribing to new mods (Skyrim) today? Anything new I try to subscribe to causes the mod sync to crash with a "Steam Error 16" - though it doesn't seem to crash the launcher itself.

I swear, Valve needs to get their crap in order.

Do you have more than 30 mods? Apparently that's the limit right now, although they're working on increasing it in the next patch. There's a beta patch now.

Beth Cyra

Try verify the files, sometimes that option helps!

Did end up trying this and it also did not fix the issue.

I just redownloaded The Third because my games folder is over 150 gig so I need to clean that beast out before I uninstall steam so when I copy my app folder it doesn't take ten years.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If I add a code to a game I already have (like say, those Renegade Ops keys), it will end up as gifts?

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, yeah, I need to just start using nexus. Do I need to delete all my current Steam-installed mods and re-install them to get them to play nice with Nexus, if I want to switch my mod utility?
Most likely, yes. Redownload them from the nexus site too.

jediyoshi

Yeah, yeah, I need to just start using nexus. Do I need to delete all my current Steam-installed mods and re-install them to get them to play nice with Nexus, if I want to switch my mod utility?
No, they designed the workshop integration so that it didn't conflict with how existing mods worked. If you don't plan on maintaining one though, no point in keeping track of two managers.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh good, Steam cloud is dead for everyone.

Guess no SR3 for me tonight. I'm close to the end (Well i think so) and i don't want some sort of odd save game issue happening.

I'm waiting for Anno to go to sale =/

is there a way to convert these codes into gifts, or do I just have to hang to them and just hand them out for gifting?

There's no way to convert those Steam keys into gifts, you need to trade them/gift them to someone who really want Steam Keys, (because there are a lot of people trying to scam you with keys).

sorry to just but into your discussions but i could really do with some help from a charitable sort to help me with my macintosh issues

basically i installed windows with bootcamp everything went swimmingly, was really simple or at least i thought so, booted up Steam and all my games either don't launch or run at around 12frames a second

turns out windows just doesn't recognise the fact i've got a graphics card so making everything run like garbage,

basically i ran all the os drivers and purposefully download some for my graphics card still to no avail.

its really bugging me and making me feel like a dumbass because im usually quite technically savvy but this is really starting to aggrevate me

would really appreciate some help,
sure you will need more details but don't wanna clog up this thread,

drop me a pm if wanna help, would really appreciate it :D

thanks in advance

sorry to just but into your discussions but i could really do with some help from a charitable sort to help me with my macintosh issues

basically i installed windows with bootcamp everything went swimmingly, was really simple or at least i thought so, booted up Steam and all my games either don't launch or run at around 12frames a second

turns out windows just doesn't recognise the fact i've got a graphics card so making everything run like garbage,

basically i ran all the os drivers and purposefully download some for my graphics card still to no avail.

its really bugging me and making me feel like a dumbass because im usually quite technically savvy but this is really starting to aggrevate me

would really appreciate some help,
sure you will need more details but don't wanna clog up this thread,

drop me a pm if wanna help, would really appreciate it :D

thanks in advance

What computer do you have? Whats the graphics chip in it?

Tuesday next week at 1:00PM EST.

My crystal ball told me.

Anyways, I doubt the next sale is gonna get the games price lower than 25$ which is what it was on the Christmas sale IIRC so......

Please tell me that your crystal ball says Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will be on sale before the 1st in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom