• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
Yes, because rather than creating a thread about it, people decided to discuss it in the Indie Bundle megathread. Which is exactly why we were skeptical of the idea of an indie bundle megathread to begin with. :/

I knew about it, but I follow threads I dont follow new posts in the main thing because it's too hard

This kid just added me on Steam, and he pretended he was a Steam Admin. He was trying to Remote Desktop into my computer so I messed with him for a bit. Eventually I let him remote desktop into a Ubuntu box I had lying around. I put up a very nasty wallpaper, which freaked him out, so he decided to "ban" me.

Reported him moments later.

http://i.imgur.com/2pAQt.png[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y8WoO.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zEFpQ.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha. Seriously. What a dumb ass. He had to be so excited to finally get someone dumb enough to install that.

[quote="Baha, post: 36883527"]Looks like the site is getting hammered.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, site it going slow as fuck. Told me they don't have records of my order, I suppose I need to just wait a bit.

This only lets you do it for the first game in the list

Nevermind. Yeah it only works on one game. Maybe multiple checkouts work?

Um, then remove it and use it for one of the steam ones? I ordered Titan Attacks, just waiting for the my order to be completely processed so I can request a steam key.

I had already placed the order, but it's handled. Just checkout twice (for the two steam games).

Baha

Ahh, you're right. I had them all in my checkout, but when I added the code, it only gave me one of the games. Wasn't even one of the two steam ones. Lame.

Um, then remove it and use it for one of the steam ones? I ordered Titan Attacks, just waiting for the my order to be completely processed so I can request a steam key.

Tess3ract

Banned
The code works, but only for the first game in the list.

What this means is, buy each of the games one at a time each time using the code.

I got them all for free that way :)

Is it legit?

Tried it with Titan Attacks but says: "Sorry, but you do not appear to have purchased this game from Puppygames. You might have bought it via the Humble Indie Bundle, in which case you can get a Steam key directly from there. Otherwise, Please email us at support@puppygames.net or you can contact us using this form"

Snagged both steam titles. I subscribed to the newsletter because I felt bad about just grabbing and running, but man, seeing the words "retro chic" makes my hair stand on end.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That actually describes a lot of threads. And pretty much all the mega sale threads. The unfortunate fact is, unless an OP has the ability to constantly mod the title to reflect the current promotions, those threads are pretty much worthless. And because of the way posting privileges work, it basically means that unless a mod is running the thread, it's not going to be effective.

I didn't know that the Baconing bundle was already out either.

We really should go back to individual threads for bundles.

Also, 4 bucks minimum? Bah, I already have all the other games in the bundle, Baconing was the only thing that I had a mild interest in, but not 4 bucks interest (because everything I read about the game says it sucks ass).

Oh well. Any free keys around? :D

Edit: Oh what the hell, they're giving food. I bought two bundles.

cicero

Those threads aren't worthless to people who check their subscriptions more often than they can check the front page, which I imagine is a lot of people. Personally I'm far more likely to miss a new thread about a bundle than I am if it's in a central thread I'm subscribed too. Both types of threads work and serve purpose.

I agree with this. Trying to rely solely on seeing every single individual thread for several ongoing indie sales taking place at the same time was a bit ridiculous. Now I subscribe to the main thread and check periodically because it is constantly updated with the latest bundle info. Why not have both?

cicero

Trading Revenge of The Titans key for The Baconing, Killing Floor or Beat Hazard.

j/k, of course, but if anyone doesn't want those games I'd gladly take them!
Why not just pay for the bundle then? You want three of the games and the value for the money is clearly there, if only for Killing Floor.

Check your PMs.
Thanks again!

Why not just pay for the bundle then? You want three of the games and the value for the money is clearly there, if only for Killing Floor.

I'd buy the bundle if paying 10$ in order to get Killing Floor wasn't needed. I also wanted The Baconing, that's true, but Beat Hazard is just for free extra achievements during the next Summer/Winter sale, because I downloaded the demo once and I felt dizzy afterwards :/

cicero

Thanks again!

I'd buy the bundle if paying 10$ in order to get Killing Floor wasn't needed. I also wanted The Baconing, that's true, but Beat Hazard is just for free extra achievements during the next Summer/Winter sale, because I downloaded the demo once and I felt dizzy afterwards :/

That sucks.

I assume he was nice enough to give you a free bundle code. Hope you enjoy Killing Floor!

I'm planning on going back to PC gaming and I plan to keep everyting digital, but I don't know how payments on Steam work. Does it receive international credit cards? I live in Latin America btw.

That sucks.

I assume he was nice enough to give you a free bundle code. Hope you enjoy Killing Floor!
I hope you're not talking about me. I didn't spend $10 yet but if I did he would have gotten Killing Floor instead of The Baconing. I'm nice, but I want to try and give multiple people a game instead of one person 5 (or 6). Plus it gives you a key for each game instead of one bundle code.

Beat Hazard key. Quote to reveal.

cicero

I hope you're not talking about me. I didn't spend $10 yet but if I did he would have gotten Killing Floor instead of The Baconing. I'm nice, but I want to try and give multiple people a game instead of one person 5 (or 6). Plus it gives you a key for each game instead of one bundle code.

ah. Sorry. Shouldn't have assumed.

BTW, it is quite nice of you to do things like this. :)

cicero

No problem, just wanted to clarify and not look like a jerk!

One more key, I might buy another bundle later. Quote to reveal Sol Survivor key.

Wow. I got this one from you. Thank you very much!!! This was the one game I wanted from the bundle and I couldn't justify buying it for that one alone.

So essentially I have to "purchase" in order to use BIRTHDAYBOY to make them free?

Once you enter the coupon code, you don't need to enter any CC info.
It's taking like 10+ minutes for me now for my purchase email to come. I got my receipt and confirmation, but no actual code yet...

And it still says I'm not in their system, so I think the order didn't go through yet.

Once you enter the coupon code, you don't need to enter any CC info.

It's taking like 10+ minutes for me now for my purchase email to come. I got my receipt and confirmation, but no actual code yet...

I'm also waiting for the codes and I purchased it hours ago. It's still awesome a developer does something like this.

And it still says I'm not in their system, so I think the order didn't go through yet.

Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom