• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So is it kind of a roguelike that isn't a roguelike? I still need to go through Avadon, though. I just wish it had a pixel doubling option because I have to play 720p to see things comfortably and I don't like the softness of interpolated.

No, its more like...I almost want to compare it to an Elder Scrolls game honestly, although probably not quite as large. (well, not as large as the older games) Its that same general kind of world and progression though

louiedog

Sniper Elite is 75% off ($2.50) until April 18th.

As World War II draws to a close, the first covert battles of the Cold War begin. Caught in the life and death struggle between Soviets and Germans in war-torn Berlin, you control the fate of a lone American OSS Sniper.

Lunar Flight is 20% off ($7.99) until April 16th.

A modern take on the classic arcade game, Lunar Lander, Lunar Flight extends the experience to a fully fictionalized and accessible lunar module simulator providing a variety of mission types involving transporting cargo, acquiring data at survey locations and locating lost cargo.
Genre: Indie, Simulation

allansm

Dice is on point with Tower Defense games. I hate that it has become the indie genre du jour. It seems like every new indie game coming out is a "radical" new take on the formula that still manages to do absolutely nothing for me.

So true. I bought Sanctum and Anomaly expecting to finally like Tower Defense games and both were boring still. The only good Tower Defense game is Orcs Must Die, although Dungeon Defenders almost got it right.

nexen

So true. I bought Sanctum and Anomaly expecting to finally like Tower Defense games and both were boring still. The only good Tower Defense game is Orcs Must Die, although Dungeon Defenders almost got it right.

Defense Grid and Pixeljunk Monsters are pretty good too.

1-D_FTW

Did many of you guys beat Assassin's Creed 2. I was really loving the game, but these last two Assassin's Tombs are enough to want me to quit and uninstall. Way too much precision jumping for a mother fucker that likes to not auto-perform the way he should.

The one I'm in right now, I can't even get the wall jumping down on the first jump. And I need to perform a successive series of these. I like how the hint pops up telling me what I need to do. Like it's a reminder. A reminder of what? I was never instructed how to perform this and now I'm supposed to perform a series of ninja jumps? That wouldn't even be that big of an issue, but Sir Dip Shit can't even make it up the pillars half the time. Instead of auto-jumping to the wood pillar like I obviously want to, fuck face swan dives into the pool. Yeah, that's what I wanted to do. I'm on a timed obstacle course and I want to cliff dive into the pool below.

Sorry for the rant. GRRRRR!

Ledsen

Did many of you guys beat Assassin's Creed 2. I was really loving the game, but these last two Assassin's Tombs are enough to want me to quit and uninstall. Way too much precision jumping for a mother fucker that likes to not auto-perform the way he should.

The one I'm in right now, I can't even get the wall jumping down on the first jump. And I need to perform a successive series of these. I like how the hint pops up telling me what I need to do. Like it's a reminder. A reminder of what? I was never instructed how to perform this and now I'm supposed to perform a series of ninja jumps? That wouldn't even be that big of an issue, but Sir Dip Shit can't even make it up the pillars half the time. Instead of auto-jumping to the wood pillar like I obviously want to, fuck face swan dives into the pool. Yeah, that's what I wanted to do. I'm on a timed obstacle course and I want to cliff dive into the pool below.

Sorry for the rant. GRRRRR!

Yeah the tombs in 2 are infuriating. They get à LOT better in assbro though.

G-Fex

Do you mean difficult for a roguelike or just that there's permadeath?

Should probably just try the demo out for yourself, but Reddit's /r/roguelikes isn't too fond of it. http://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comments/rymnw/dont_buy_hack_slash_loot/

What about Avadon: The Black Fortress? Come on!

The point is to die.

I think I get the jist of it now.

Yeah gonna avoid that, Grimrock it is

1-D_FTW

AC 2 is off my backlog. Clearly I've hit a point where they felt they needed some real padding to extend the game to X hours. Loved it and look forward to the rest of the games (minus 1), but I'm done with that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm gonna assume you hit the DLC chapters for the game which are forced into the PC release and completely destroy the pacing of the story. They fit far better as content played post-game even though it's not chronological.

The_End

Bought another bundle and sent you a key.

Holy ****! That's incredibly generous of you. You didn't have to do that for me.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. :)

EDIT: I just tried to use the code and it said that it had already been used. Oh well. as I said, you didn't need to do that, so thanks anyway.
2nd EDIT: LiquidMetal14 sent me the wrong code by mistake. He sent a second that worked. Thanks LiquidMetal14. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom