• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerub

Banned
Can you put a top download speed on Steam, for instance 500 kb/s?

I'm trying to download a couple of games and play Diablo at the same time but it takes up all my bandwidth so I get really high latency.

Can you put a top download speed on Steam, for instance 500 kb/s?

I'm trying to download a couple of games and play Diablo at the same time but it takes up all my bandwidth so I get really high latency.

Steam doesn't have a speed limiter, despite it being fairly easy to implement I believe (for other programs anyway).

Giard

I bought Sonic Generations, Football Manager 2012, Mafia, Bioshock 1&2, PAYDAY: The Heist and Shogun 2 without any hassle from Switzerland ;)
Are you using the address of someone you know or just writing random stuff? And do you always use the same address?

jono51

Banned
Can't wait for the summer sale. Have quite a few games I'd like to pick up
even though I probably shouldn't :p

I finish the game 3 times and i dont remember that mission XO but...

Neutral on The Witcher is always the right answer...

The Witcher 1 for me is one of the best RPGs of all time in large part because of this, the choices system is the best ever, the decisions we make really do shudder, not just good or bad like the Bioware games

As far as I can remember, the quest is mostly the same either way, it just effects who helps you and who tries to kill you during that particular skirmish. Like pretty much all of the choices in the Witcher, there's no preferred path to take, just follow your heart.

Thanks guys, I'll just follow my heart then :p

I'm loving the game btw.

Wok

Is anyone playing Krater?

I just played a bit of the initial beta release and it was pretty limited so I got bored.

I have played it for one hour. I am surprised how poorly the game runs on my laptop, I am disappointed it does not look as beautiful as on the videos. The quests were boring: kill some monsters, loot everything, etc. The combat system feels good though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Have you not played it since? I'm reluctant to throw down the pennies if it's not up to much - but it sounds promising at least.

I no longer have the beta available, but I really liked the devs previous work so I'll probably pick it up down the road at some point.

Sophuis

Neo Member
Whereabouts should I be expecting the summer sale? Need some notice so I can squirrel away some dough for all those sweet, sweet deals.

HBroward

Don't worry, the day comes when you own everything you actually want on Steam, and you can face the sale with no fear. Until more games are released, and the cycle begins again.

R1CHO

I'm more interested in why Valve don't hold there own convention/expo - like Quakecon, Blizzcon. They have enough IP's to host tournaments.

They dont have enough valve time to organize something like that. All they can do is throw away some million dollars on dota tournaments.

MRORANGE

Rockstar troll success.

Complete success.

NrZW9.png

zychi

Banned
Is mlb2k12 any good? Since my ps3 is gone I can't play the show, and for $10 on amazon I might grab the steam version

Bluth54

The summer sale will come when it comes. Yeesh. People ask nearly every day it seems.

I find in funnier when people ask if we know if a game is going to be on sale soon, or be part of the summer sale. Just because it's the Steam thread we must have an inside line on what Valve is planning for sales!

I find in funnier when people ask if we know if a game is going to be on sale soon, or be part of the summer sale. Just because it's the Steam thread we must have an inside line on what Valve is planning for sales!

Uhm, you don't?

I have an excel sheet detailing every daily deal until 31.12.2013, I just don't like to share.

Moobabe

Really enjoying Krater so far - looks great and runs very nicely as well. Might be tempted to jump on it for the current price.

Moobabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom