• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And you think Valve's implementation would be consistent? =p

I'd hope so!

I still can't get Community to work properly half the time.

Community in general works fine for me, however the Friend Activity page tends to load up data from several days ago and display it as the most recent.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah, Friend Activity would be more accurate. Sometimes I just get a blank page. What I really want from Valve is a simple filter that hides games/dlc I already own from search results.

JaseC

Yeah, Friend Activity would be more accurate. Sometimes I just get a blank page. What I really want from Valve is a simple filter that hides games/dlc I already own from search results.

That'd be even better, actually. We're a quarter of the way there with the "Hide DLC" checkbox in the New Releases tab.

Salsa

Jase your new avatar is too bright and awful

made you a new one

iQU0zTqkkneFT.png

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I want to get Max Payne 3 and LA Noire since they are on sale. But for $10 more I can get GTAIV and Liberty City....

Can you trade/give away games that are part of a bundle?

I never got too much into GTA but my brother loves those games and has not played IV

JaseC

made you a new one

iQU0zTqkkneFT.png

You can try to ruin her for me all you want but you'll never succeed!

I want to get Max Payne 3 and LA Noire since they are on sale. But for $10 more I can get GTAIV and Liberty City....

Can you trade/give away games that are part of a bundle?

I never got too much into GTA but my brother loves those games and has not played IV

Aside from these exceptions, no.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm replaying Max Payne 1 and man I forgot how excellent that game is, I was just going to set up my settings but ended up playing the entire first part, it's just that addicting.

I forgot how annoyingly hard the game is sometimes too, it's one thing to get into a firefight but running up the stairs and getting one shot by an enemy is super frustrating. The firefights themselves are pretty easy though, you can just strafe and avoid a lot of damage
Not for nothing it is one of the best games ever made, according to some experts*. Such a well crafted title, great shootouts, nice music, beautiful graphics, interesting story and cool comic-style cutscenes. What's not to like?

*I consider myself an expert on the matter.

Also, I started Prototype, and man it's good. Much better than I thought it would be. Running up buildings and jumping from the roofs and gliding and dashing in the air and gliding again is awesome. How come I never played this game until now?

If I was going to buy only one Monkey Island (out of the two special editions currently on Steam), should it be 1 or 2? My favorite is 3, but I want to revisit one of the old ones, now that they've gotten the HD treatment.

KarmaCow

If I was going to buy only one Monkey Island (out of the two special editions currently on Steam), should it be 1 or 2? My favorite is 3, but I want to revisit one of the old ones, now that they've gotten the HD treatment.

If you can only get one game, go with 2. It's a better remake and a better game. There will probably be a sale with both for cheap though.

The first game will always hold a place in my heart. I think I spent 5 years beating that game, playing it on and off with my sister.

gblues

Banned
Anyone else's Steam acting really odd tonight? Mine's been freezing and quitting on its own.

Fortunately it worked long enough for me to pick up Max Payne 1+2 & Max Payne 3 for $13.73. :)

Pandemic

Hey, quick question. Is it possible to transfer STEAM games from one PC to another...? Rather than having to download them all again?

Kevin

Are the Spellforce games any good? The complete series is like $10 on GMG with coupon. Also have they fixed any of the problems with Aliens: Colonial Marines since it was released?

mrgone

Hey, quick question. Is it possible to transfer STEAM games from one PC to another...? Rather than having to download them all again?

All you need to do is copy the steam\steamapps\common\<game> folders over to the same directory on the other PC. I think it automatically detects them when you start the Steam client and log in, but you might have to verify the cache on those games to finish up the installation.

Wok

It sort of is a simple version of multiplayer pacman, but I discovered that my playstyle of constantly run everywhere and ignore certain death does start to become difficult several levels in, when they start putting tons of guards around.

the game definetly isnt super simple nor super easy

unless you just dont care about being stealthy and wanna run through the levels alerting everyone and not having fun

I think that only gets you so far. Soon enough you'll start getting killed pretty easy if you dont go for stealth

enemies start getting machineguns and such

La discothèque rouge is the first level with machineguns, and it is very difficult to play it pacman-style. In solo, I usually start with the pickpocket to take as many coins as possible. Then, if the pickpocket dies, either the gentleman, the lookout or the mole.

Dr Dogg

Urgh do I really want to buy Max Payne 3 again just to have be a little more pretty so I can see cutscenes with floaty words in pin sharp detail? Multiplayer is still broke and dead right?

made you a new one

iQU0zTqkkneFT.png

Well after a grumbly week this has certainly but a smile on my face.

Salsa

Urgh do I really want to buy Max Payne 3 again just to have be a little more pretty so I can see cutscenes with floaty words in pin sharp detail? Multiplayer is still broke and dead right?

MP is broken in the sense that going super light + 2 guns + running everywhere kinda beats any other type of gear

not sure about how many people are playing it (probably spike now with the sale), but it's stupid fun

Pandemic

Does it work to transfer STEAM game files via Windows Easy Transfer?

Don't have an external hard drive..

Edit: Eh, I can't transfer the files from the HDD to my new PC HDD, they'd have to go the SDD.. :/

DagsJT

With Poker Night 2, is it just me or can you not lower the frequency of chat or skip chat with the right mouse button anymore?

Also playing less than an hour and already hearing the same jokes and lines.

FYC

Banned
I just beat KOTOR

oh my god I fucking loved it(sorry Dice :p), it was amaaaaaaazing

Maybe I'll make make an LTTP thread. Now I gotta get KOTOR II after I play through the light side weeeeee

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Also, I started Prototype, and man it's good. Much better than I thought it would be. Running up buildings and jumping from the roofs and gliding and dashing in the air and gliding again is awesome. How come I never played this game until now?

Blandest city and worst encounter design. Infamous 1 is only slightly better in those departments though.

Cheddahz

Banned
Audiosurf is messed up for me, the last couple of days I've tried to go play it, it'll start up, but when I pass the title screen, it turns into a blank white screen with the login option at the top

I'm in doubt about Operation Raccoon City. I know the game is widely criticised, but so was Resident Evil 6 and I really enjoyed that in co-op. Is RE: ORC at least enjoyable when played with a friend?

I've heard it has GFWL though, not sure about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom